• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Buying A Toyota Levin

dakrazyman20

The latter of two sedans is now with someone known to the AL fraternity as well

i'm referring to PULSAR VZR's

i was once considering buying that exact car. that was such a beautiful thing. it always deserved caring hands and i am glad that it is in an enthuciast's hands:).

i hate to break this to you - but you need to know what you want - all of us will be sure to suggest options if you can settle on what you need : performance car at a budge (Rs.?) or something with just aesthetic value only (read:poser/hairdressers car)

that insinuation seemed unnecessary, unless of course it was a private joke directed at a particular individual , in which case i apologize for even making this remark

I understand where u r comin from DZ, but like I said in my first post, I'm looking for a daily driver that has a little oomph to put a smile on my face.

If i wanted a posers car i coulda picked up a hyundai coupe or civic etc with a hideous body kit worn a silk shirt and some gold baubles and hung out at MC or the Hilton (which evers closer at the time)

With all due respect i'm not lookin to attract attention in anyway, i'm a solitary creature.

Plus in this market i cant afford to be picky as there aernt bountiful amounts of these cars running around. I adore and respect the models i have mentioned in this thread so far and will be perfectly happy with either of em. The Levin was something I stumbled upon and thought it might be a good buy.

I've looked into Glanzas but most were not V models and had seriously high mileage. I even put a wanted ad in the papers sometime back and the responses were rather appauling examples.

i used to own a 98 VW Polo at the time and despite what the mags say that car was superb, the steering was very direct and I could feel the road, the suspension was perfect it has good rigidity and balance for corners but had comfort, the seats though normal were made by recaro and were really comfy n snug and the gearchange was real snickety.

I'm jes trying to recreate those feelings again. It didnt have much power but u could rev the nuts off it in first and second :) I had to sell it as I went abroad for further studies :(

when i came back i spotted the car at carmart and the new owner had destroyed it, i felt so angry

Anyways thanks to all who've contributed I shall keep ur advice in mind n continue searching.

• 4 years later...

Guys. Is this the car the thread is all about ? This is also a blue levin holding GY- number.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=148548

I just saw this ad today in autolanka. I always had a dream about either a levin or cynos at subconscious level though conditions pressed me to go for mainstream cars. But now I want to make things happen my way finally.

Driven by emotions just called the seller and the quoting price was 2.1 M :speechless-smiley-004: . Then I quickly did a search in AL regarding the car and came across this thread. Something tell me that we are talking about the same car in the advertisement.

The one under discussion didn't have alloy wheels,Owner was seller's nephew and done 67000 km

But the one in the ad has alloys ( probably upgraded later ) , the owner is seller's uncle this time ( Said he bought from his uncle and in open papers to his name as the first owner ) and ....... the had done 49000 km :speechless-smiley-003:

Just smelled something fishy after checking the adv and the thread. May be I am totally wrong and those are two separate cars. But if not, there are some issues it seems. The price seems bit high but still since there are few if any 2000 levins in the country in this condition and If you want one so badly you don't have many options.

Just my thoughts

i don't know about the first owner being a doctor, but it was thrown around by a medical student who came to kalubowila. then i saw it in the hands of some chick driving around polhengoda.

i had a look at this car myself many moons ago, before i bought my first car. it was in good nick, and i didn't go for it since my brother had a toyota vista at the time, same colour, and this is like the miniature version of that.

Guys. Is this the car the thread is all about ? This is also a blue levin holding GY- number.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=148548'>http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=148548

I just saw this ad today in autolanka. I always had a dream about either a levin or cynos at subconscious level though conditions pressed me to go for mainstream cars. But now I want to make things happen my way finally.

Driven by emotions just called the seller and the quoting price was 2.1 M :speechless-smiley-004: . Then I quickly did a search in AL regarding the car and came across this thread. Something tell me that we are talking about the same car in the advertisement.

The one under discussion didn't have alloy wheels,Owner was seller's nephew and done 67000 km

But the one in the ad has alloys ( probably upgraded later ) , the owner is seller's uncle this time ( Said he bought from his uncle and in open papers to his name as the first owner ) and ....... the had done 49000 km :speechless-smiley-003:

Just smelled something fishy after checking the adv and the thread. May be I am totally wrong and those are two separate cars. But if not, there are some issues it seems. The price seems bit high but still since there are few if any 2000 levins in the country in this condition and If you want one so badly you don't have many options.

Just my thoughts

The asking price is absurd. Its rare but not exactly a collector's car or a panty dropper. The occasional dropped panty will go right back up, once the owner of it finds out your car is a corolla!

So just offer what u think is worth and hang in there. Most likely, the car will remain at its current place for a few months if the price doesn't come down.

• Like 4