• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Primer P11/civic Vi/virs

isurujosh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly machan..for last 11 years honda has paid me alot...in terms of Durability , Reliability , Drivability , Compatibility (to our SL road use) and also on fuel economy and engine efficiency together with Robustness of drivetrain and powertrain...and most of it Fun and Driving Pleasure...

Not only honda machan...i have experienced the same through Toyota...

(these experiences are best fit for our homeland - Sri Lanka..lol...)

Amen to that on both honda and toyota the two most recent brands i have been using too.

Ow yeah machan..i havent forgotten that Top Gear guys are some like blowing thier EU or GB trumpet...if toyota or honda was origin from GB or EU communion for Top Gear guys..it could have been the best in the rest of the world...anyways... Honda and Toyota is like side to side and hand in hand bros which dominate and always come up with good rides... irrespective of vehicle qualities everything changes when it comes to SL ... SL is the only country which a second hand vehicle price is sky rocketing and advance FUEL SYSTEMs get failed..like what happened with GDI cars and jeeps from MMC... LMAO....

in current context i would put toyota (mainly tnx to prius), vw, increasingly ford (europe) at the forefront for bread an butter models. merc(new e class), audi(r8) and bmw(diesels) for up markets, ferrari and pagani for super's. i don't see honda anywhere at the forefront in any category, but that's just me.

has honda built anything like a ferrari 458, nissan gtr, golf gti, mondeo or prius since of late?

Edited by isurujosh

in current context i would put toyota (mainly tnx to prius), vw, increasingly ford (europe) at the forefront for bread an butter models. merc(new e class), audi(r8) and bmw(diesels) for up markets, ferrari and pagani for super's. i don't see honda anywhere at the forefront in any category, but that's just me.

has honda built anything like a ferrari 458, nissan gtr, golf gti, mondeo or prius since of late?

True dat...(But Exept that Prius thing..he..heee...)

BMW diesels emits CO2 some max 120g/L .... but machan same as honda CRDIs...anyways..wot u say z true.. Pagani Zonda and Koenigsseg..even KTM dominating the super car markets now... anyways if its super cars it always ITALS or EUROS bro...

Oh..abt TP11 its a good car (provided the engine is NEO VVL) and with Manual Trans.. u can really enjoy the ride...also if u have some extra buck or gotta good fuel allowance...its a good option..but TP11 is after all a NISSAN... (Personally i dont like Nissans much exept Skyline GTR / Sylvia 240 / Fairlady and mostly (Doctor) Sunny SB13 lol...and not forgetting Nissan Safari/Patrol)

Edited by KI4120

True dat...(But Exept that Prius thing..he..heee...)

BMW diesels emits CO2 some max 120g/L .... but machan same as honda CRDIs...anyways..wot u say z true.. Pagani Zonda and Koenigsseg..even KTM dominating the super car markets now... anyways if its super cars it always ITALS or EUROS bro...

Oh..abt TP11 its a good car (provided the engine is NEO VVL) and with Manual Trans.. u can really enjoy the ride...also if u have some extra buck or gotta good fuel allowance...its a good option..but TP11 is after all a NISSAN... (Personally i dont like Nissans much exept Skyline GTR / Sylvia 240 / Fairlady and mostly (Doctor) Sunny SB13 lol...and not forgetting Nissan Safari/Patrol)

it aint better than a SOHC VTEC civic. i am sure that non VTEC and VTEC-E ones are inferior but not the SOHC VTECs.

it aint better than a SOHC VTEC civic. i am sure that non VTEC and VTEC-E ones are inferior but not the SOHC VTECs.

Defa it must be...with VTEC Brisk Acceleration...TP11 hardly can catch up (provided Civic is a Manual Tranny) bcz TP12 is a heavy car...though it has a 1.8 or 2.0 Ltr engine...

Defa it must be...with VTEC Brisk Acceleration...TP11 hardly can catch up (provided Civic is a Manual Tranny) bcz TP12 is a heavy car...though it has a 1.8 or 2.0 Ltr engine...

The TP12 IS kinda heavy but weren't we talking about the P11?

FYI a manual gearbox P11 camino with the SR20 DE and the GT spec suspension can take a SOHC VTEC civic to the cleaners any day of the week. And before the legions of honda fanboys jump in let me say again I'm talking about STOCK form. Im sure some work and a few (hundred?) thousand bucks into the Civic and it should be able to "take down" a primera, but it sure as hell won't in stock form, its only logical since the primera isnt really THAT much heavier and it has a bigger motor.

Edited by Supra_Natural

FYI a manual gearbox P11 camino with the SR20 DE and the GT spec suspension can take a SOHC VTEC civic to the cleaners any day of the week. And before the legions of honda fanboys jump in let me say again I'm talking about STOCK form. Im sure some work and a few (hundred?) thousand bucks into the Civic and it should be able to "take down" a primera, but it sure as hell won't in stock form, its only logical since the primera isnt really THAT much heavier and it has a bigger motor.

machan supra the SOHC VTEC has a better power to weight ratio than the 150hp 2L P11. it will be a close fight between the two. not exactly what you call "taking the civic to the cleaners". I am only talking about straight line accelaration of upto about 140km/here. bdw i am not a honda fan anymore.

Not to forget Mazda? I dont know about global figures, but Mazda is a huge success here in Aussy.. Mazda3 is the second in terms of sales after the Corolla thing.. And the 6 is quite popular as well.. The Civic, well I would say that it died after the ES series (in terms of character).. The current model is not so popular here either..

Oh, forgot to mention, I would say that the Accord (especially the 'Euro') is still having some 'Hondaness' left in it :D But then again, the 2.4 liter i-vtec petrol engine (the biggest engine offered for the mainstream Accord) is a 'joke' compared to much powerful power plants offered by peers for mid-sized-sedan sector.. :D

Edited by MrCat

Yep it should be corrected..its TP11...sorry dudes..

As u said Supra...Primera gota big motor when comparing to a Honda D15B motor.. SR20 is some 500CC way too far from honda engine...the only thing which a Civic could smoke a TP11 is due it's power to weight ratio and also if the Civic does came up with a D15B ..its VTEC by stock...so VTEC will do the thing which it does when u hitting the Gas Pedal...in that context SR20 might get smoked....but on top speed SR20 will smoke the Civic on a straight line @ Flatout..... (Simple example is Bugatti was beaten by McLarren F1 on the acceleration having a less capacity engine but on top notch Bugatti Veyron jus smoked the McLarren in to the DOT... and that is because it generates a bigger power when it reaches to the top speed..simply the Veyron engine compression ratio is way higher against the F1 and @ flat out it overcomes the Power to Weight Ratio...)

Edited by KI4120

Heh what do you say now ^^ :rolleyes:

To what? "A close fight" isn't exactly agreeing with "TP11 hardly can catch up". Besides, comments like "VTEC will do the thing which it does when u hitting the Gas Pedal" makes me think that the guy thinks VTEC is some kinda magic boost. Do you think the VTEC makes up 500cc? By that logic, if you can put vtec on a Alto it should be able to take down the Civic. Theres nothing there to change anyones mind. Do you think there is? Have you paid proper attention to the statements?

To what? "A close fight" isn't exactly agreeing with "TP11 hardly can catch up". Besides, comments like "VTEC will do the thing which it does when u hitting the Gas Pedal" makes me think that the guy thinks VTEC is some kinda magic boost. Do you think the VTEC makes up 500cc? By that logic, if you can put vtec on a Alto it should be able to take down the Civic. Theres nothing there to change anyones mind. Do you think there is? Have you paid proper attention to the statements?

YWMGUIDT24GR5QDGM563QJ2EGJITWI36.jpeg

Magic boost as shown above? lol

But anyways I also think a stock SOHC EG will almost catchup with a P11 coz of acceleration thanks to gear ratios :ninja:

But anyways I also think a stock SOHC EG will almost catchup with a P11 coz of acceleration thanks to gear ratios :ninja:

Well, good for you. Now we have three opinions. KI who thinks a P11 has to catch up, Josh who thinks it'll be a close fight, and you, who thinks the EG will almost catch up. Yay!

Well, good for you. Now we have three opinions. KI who thinks a P11 has to catch up, Josh who thinks it'll be a close fight, and you, who thinks the EG will almost catch up. Yay!

Hah hah yet, you haven't expressed your precious opinion, we all have been waiting for :P

As u said Supra...Primera gota big motor when comparing to a Honda D15B motor.. SR20 is some 500CC way too far from honda engine...the only thing which a Civic could smoke a TP11 is due it's power to weight ratio and also if the Civic does came up with a D15B ..its VTEC by stock...so VTEC will do the thing which it does when u hitting the Gas Pedal...in that context SR20 might get smoked....but on top speed SR20 will smoke the Civic on a straight line @ Flatout..... (Simple example is Bugatti was beaten by McLarren F1 on the acceleration having a less capacity engine but on top notch Bugatti Veyron jus smoked the McLarren in to the DOT... and that is because it generates a bigger power when it reaches to the top speed..simply the Veyron engine compression ratio is way higher against the F1 and @ flat out it overcomes the Power to Weight Ratio...)

oh shit one of the biggest jokes in top gear was the bugatti vs. maclaren fight. read this article if you are not sure. from the word go the bugatti is faster in acceleration. they key is T O R Q U E.

i agree with shan about the civic being at a possible advantage down to gearing, after all the civic has to make up for it's shortfall of torque to come close to p11. anyway i don't subsrcribe to the opinion that either car (p11 or civic) could beat the other hands down in an acceleration fight but that it must be very close and thus my question to the forum. at a glance i thought p11 could beat the civic hands down.

there is an man by the name Chris in this site who has used both cars in the long run. he might have the best opinion of us all.