• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oxygen Cylinder (where To Get)

Saturn

Apologies if this is an odd question but - does anyone know where to get an Oxygen cylinder - not the regular hospital size - but the ultra portable type. Note, this is for humans, not cars :)

Note: I've tried some of the major pharmacies - none seem to have them :(

Edited by Saturn

Apologies if this is an odd question but - does anyone know where to get an Oxygen cylinder - not the regular hospital size - but the ultra portable type. Note, this is for humans, not cars :)

Note: I've tried some of the major pharmacies - none seem to have them :(

Try Ceylon Oxygen (0112 524381).

You can also check with hospitals and medical supplies places.

Good Luck!

guys, thank you for your replies.

One problem is - I'm searching for the small portable type - not the medium sized ones (I have those)

Ive got a big one and its OK for the moment (though if anyone knows where to get the small (1 liter or less) type do let me know.

Again, thanks for your replies, and apologies for the rather offbeat post.

wouldnt that make ur engine run lean???...jus wondering dnt hv the proper knowledge to tlk abt mechanics of the engine...

Well theoretically more oxygen into the cylinder means that you can add more fuel to it without causing incomplete combustion(being too rich), But this is given that the ECU and fuel maps (Don't know the exact case with carbs ) permit an unusual increase in the amount of fuel injected.

Curious to know the practical outcome though !

Well theoretically more oxygen into the cylinder means that you can add more fuel to it without causing incomplete combustion(being too rich), But this is given that the ECU and fuel maps (Don't know the exact case with carbs ) permit an unusual increase in the amount of fuel injected.

Curious to know the practical outcome though !

Well putting in a little pure oxygen would provide a small increase in power as an engine doesnt normally get enough oxygen to burn everything anyway (In theory), I dont think it would make it run leaner as long as you dont increase the total volume of air taken in but to get a significant increase you would have to add more fuel to take advantage of the increased percentage of oxygen in the cylinder to get a full burn (to get a proper air-fuel ratio).

O2 would have a similar effect to Nos but to a lesser extent, Nos system also introduce extra fuel as Nos is injected to make a proper Air-Fuel ratio. But keep in mind that putting pure o2 into the engine could cause severe damage as the o2 would cause the air-fuel mixture in the engine to ignite earlier (before the spark) as 02 is quite volatile as high temperatures and could cause a uncontrolled burn or explosion whereas the Nos only breaks down and realeases the oxygen molecules after the spark has ignited the air-fuel mixture. There will also be problems with the extra heat as the Nitrogen (70% in air) normally helps absorb some of the heat from the combustion process and also helps to push the cylinder as it expands due to the heat. This is probably why we dont see O2 injection on engines.