• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Battery For 4dr5?

Nishan.dj

Question

He experts..

I have to replace the batteries of my 4DR5 J44 jeep and like to know which one is the best? Now I have 70Ah ones and expect to replace them with 90Ah ones... and is there any dry batteries available? Expect your kind reply and advices. Thanks..

Nishan

15 answers to this question

He experts..

I have to replace the batteries of my 4DR5 J44 jeep and like to know which one is the best? Now I have 70Ah ones and expect to replace them with 90Ah ones... and is there any dry batteries available? Expect your kind reply and advices. Thanks..

Nishan

would not want to reccomend a particular brand cos i don't have experience with all of em to compare which is best...

for so many years i've been using exide... however recently i switched to global maintenance free battery for the car

i've bee having a maintennance free yuasa on my xr250 for the past 2+ years with very VERY little use...meaning i hardly ride anymore but the battery is hooked upto a float charger

2 years in the garage with no proper running the battery is still good and fires the motor up without any issues....

so i think it's safe to say yuasa makes good batteries :)

and btw... the only dry batteries you get are the ones you put into flash lights and stuff :P

afaik...there are two automotive battery types...

the typical wet batteries and the maintenance free batteries...

ever the latter ones have acid in them so you cant really put them into the dry battery category...

if you open those "sealed" caps you can check the electrolyte and battery shops do "maintain" them when needed

would not want to reccomend a particular brand cos i don't have experience with all of em to compare which is best...

for so many years i've been using exide... however recently i switched to global maintenance free battery for the car

i've bee having a maintennance free yuasa on my xr250 for the past 2+ years with very VERY little use...meaning i hardly ride anymore but the battery is hooked upto a float charger

2 years in the garage with no proper running the battery is still good and fires the motor up without any issues....

so i think it's safe to say yuasa makes good batteries :)

and btw... the only dry batteries you get are the ones you put into flash lights and stuff :P

afaik...there are two automotive battery types...

the typical wet batteries and the maintenance free batteries...

ever the latter ones have acid in them so you cant really put them into the dry battery category...

if you open those "sealed" caps you can check the electrolyte and battery shops do "maintain" them when needed

Thanks Ripper

I think then maintenance free battery would be better.. And any suggestion about the brand and prices? Thanks for reply...

He experts..

Nishan

Im not an Expert

How about Exide

If you properly maintain a normal battery it will last longer than maintenance free battery.

on what basis do you say that mate?

I've been using wet batteries on one of the bikes and on the car for years...

had maint.-free battery on one of the bikes that has only electric leg and on-light... this maint.-free battery has outlasted both the other wet batteries...

the wet batteries were both exide... the maint.-free is a yuasa!

I think people have a wrong perception about maint.-free batteries...

on what basis do you say that mate?

I've been using wet batteries on one of the bikes and on the car for years...

had maint.-free battery on one of the bikes that has only electric leg and on-light... this maint.-free battery has outlasted both the other wet batteries...

the wet batteries were both exide... the maint.-free is a yuasa!

I think people have a wrong perception about maint.-free batteries...

Not based on my personal experience. Sometime back, Lal alawatta told that in Sirasa Autoshow

Not based on my personal experience. Sometime back, Lal alawatta told that in Sirasa Autoshow

oh well...maybe at the time...main.-free batteries were not as good a reliability... or Mr.Alawatta didn't really know what he was talking about!

Yes It is 24V and has 2 70Ah batteries now...

i believe ur gonna change both batteries to 90Ah , well if ur going to hv an electric winch or big a** sound system of ur jeep then ok, but for normal day to day use i'll recommend using two 75Ah batteries cz they r cheaper than 70 Ah batteries (cz 70's exbit expensive cz sum kind of a compact battery thing) and u wont hv to change ur battery brackets if u use 75 ah cz they goes right in with out a problem

i believe ur gonna change both batteries to 90Ah , well if ur going to hv an electric winch or big a** sound system of ur jeep then ok, but for normal day to day use i'll recommend using two 75Ah batteries cz they r cheaper than 70 Ah batteries (cz 70's exbit expensive cz sum kind of a compact battery thing) and u wont hv to change ur battery brackets if u use 75 ah cz they goes right in with out a problem

Yes Janith .. I want to buy a winch as well... for that u recommend 90Ah ones don't u?