• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Box

fatjoe

Any Lancer Box owners here? I started rebuilding mine from the scratch. Thought of others would have any tips. We can create a group or something if we have a considerable amount of BOXES.

Cheers!!!

What year is it? 1980? 81? I learned to drive on an '80 box...we had it for 20 or so years before it was sold, no idea what happened to it :( I see fewer and fewer of these in Colombo now...do they migrate out of the city or do they simply fall to pieces in some junkyard?

What year is it? 1980? 81? I learned to drive on an '80 box...we had it for 20 or so years before it was sold, no idea what happened to it :( I see fewer and fewer of these in Colombo now...do they migrate out of the city or do they simply fall to pieces in some junkyard?

Yup. Mine is 1980. Actually as discussed in a previous thread, There are lot of these in Ratnapura in mint condition. I also found which did come to Watta in Panchikawatta to break in to parts.

Any Lancer Box owners here? I started rebuilding mine from the scratch. Thought of others would have any tips. We can create a group or something if we have a considerable amount of BOXES.

Cheers!!!

Hey fatjoe,

Great to hear mate. I Got a '87 Colt Hatch (more or less same tech specs as Lancer Box) which I have 'just' handed over for a complete restoration.

In other words me too in your shoes & any tips / suggestions from fellow members would be most beneficial.

I am sure there are quite a lot of Box's that are restored (or atleast heading that way :violent-smiley-030:

Gotta follow this thread closely & am sure we might be able to get more info through a 'search' ...

Cheers !

Hey fatjoe,

Great to hear mate. I Got a '87 Colt Hatch (more or less same tech specs as Lancer Box) which I have 'just' handed over for a complete restoration.

In other words me too in your shoes & any tips / suggestions from fellow members would be most beneficial.

I am sure there are quite a lot of Box's that are restored (or atleast heading that way :violent-smiley-030:

Gotta follow this thread closely & am sure we might be able to get more info through a 'search' ...

Cheers !

Nice to hear dat macahng. Lets see how its gonna turnout. I"m pretty sure dat there should be others who own or have experience with this vehicle. I'll try upload some pics.

Only prob is ma 'tiker Baas' is a Lazy a**. hehehe. But he does da job properly so gonna give him some time.

Good like with ya restoratio. Try to share da pics of da stages of da project.

Nice to hear dat macahng. Lets see how its gonna turnout. I"m pretty sure dat there should be others who own or have experience with this vehicle. I'll try upload some pics.

Only prob is ma 'tiker Baas' is a Lazy a**. hehehe. But he does da job properly so gonna give him some time.

Good like with ya restoratio. Try to share da pics of da stages of da project.

Hey bro, cool I shall cover-up some pics this weekend somehow.

Lols, it seems that 'generally' all tinker fellas are same B) its best not to expedite but let them take their time for a precise job !

We shall kit as we may exchange our experiences / suggestions etc ...

Cheers !

• 2 months later...

he he.. love to hear about lancer box, i love to drive it. If you really want feel the driving.. go fro a box. I learn to drive from lancer box. Nice vehicle. We had a one, brought around a 100k in 1996, last year we sold it and brought FB15. Any ways it's dame good car.. really tough driving. Mine was 1980 one. i'l add some pics. Its save my life once. so i had to thank that vehicle. How can i forget it.?

he he.. love to hear about lancer box, i love to drive it. If you really want feel the driving.. go fro a box. I learn to drive from lancer box. Nice vehicle. We had a one, brought around a 100k in 1996, last year we sold it and brought FB15. Any ways it's dame good car.. really tough driving. Mine was 1980 one. i'l add some pics. Its save my life once. so i had to thank that vehicle. How can i forget it.?

Nice to see another " Box Lover". My car is still in da garage. For today it has been 4 months since da bloody tinker started work. Still some more to go. I just want to kill da bastard as soon as he finishes the work. :violent-smiley-030: Ma only relief is buga is good at his work.

Nice to see another " Box Lover". My car is still in da garage. For today it has been 4 months since da bloody tinker started work. Still some more to go. I just want to kill da bastard as soon as he finishes the work. :violent-smiley-030: Ma only relief is buga is good at his work.

Good Luck with your project bro :)

Most of the tinkers are slow workers bro

Hey bro,

Browsing thru the forums after a while ...

Same here machang even mine's been at the garage for almost 3+ months now, & similar to your case, simply due to the quality of the workmanship I remain calm & patient :angry-smiley-048:

Hopefully beginning next week the painting may begin.

I am just wondering how some people complete tinkering + painting within short periods like 1 to 1.5 months ...

Since I am now practically seeing the restoration, its evident that in fact it takes considerable time & effort to do a precise job.

Good luck with your project mate ... Cheers.

Hey Speed, Thanks Bro. Yeah seems like all the tinkers are the same.Dis particular tinkers dad is also a tinker and he did tinkering on one of our previous vehicle for abt an year. Still couldn't finish and buga got paralyzed.

Evo, Yeah bro there are some buggas who does the tinkering and painting in 1-1.5 months. Even I'm surprised how do these bugas do it. May be its a sloppy job or they really do it fasr. I got a quotation from a buga for tinkering and painting 1 1/2 of what I'm spending just on tinkering. Also bugga said he will finish in a month. It was too good to be so I skipped da offer and gave to this bugga. Hope I don regret da decision. And it started raining and painting is gonna get late.

All da best with ya project machang. Hope dat we both will be happy and proud owners of fully restored cars in couple of months. Fingas crossed.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Speed, Thanks Bro. Yeah seems like all the tinkers are the same.Dis particular tinkers dad is also a tinker and he did tinkering on one of our previous vehicle for abt an year. Still couldn't finish and buga got paralyzed.

Evo, Yeah bro there are some buggas who does the tinkering and painting in 1-1.5 months. Even I'm surprised how do these bugas do it. May be its a sloppy job or they really do it fasr. I got a quotation from a buga for tinkering and painting 1 1/2 of what I'm spending just on tinkering. Also bugga said he will finish in a month. It was too good to be so I skipped da offer and gave to this bugga. Hope I don regret da decision. And it started raining and painting is gonna get late.

All da best with ya project machang. Hope dat we both will be happy and proud owners of fully restored cars in couple of months. Fingas crossed.

Cheers.

The tinker who did our Beetle took about 8 months to finish it..The tinker who started it died and then one of his relatives took it over.But he did a neat job.So be patient bro :) and finally u ll get a neat job done

• 3 months later...

Hey fatjoe,

Hope you were able to complete the project.

Hopefully mine will take another week or two to finish off the final touches & fittings.

Btw was there any interior / fiber works involved in your restoration?

If so just lemme know where you got em done (if the work is good).

Also just curios to find out whether anyone knows any place where the lights (rear brake/signal) could be restored (such as filling up of the cracks/edges etc).

Its a crucial task to get hold of a pair of lights for my model :unsure: (Colt Hatch 1987)

Cheers guys,

fatjoe, would love to see some pics :alc:

I shall post a collection of mine once completed ...