• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Repairs

GTAm

Question

Does anyone out there know of a place that can repair tiny cracks on a windscreen and also remove scrape marks? I know these are done in other countries. I knew a place in Colpetty many years ago but can't seem to remember where exactly it was. It was an old house.......

Does anyone out there know of a place that can repair tiny cracks on a windscreen and also remove scrape marks? I know these are done in other countries. I knew a place in Colpetty many years ago but can't seem to remember where exactly it was. It was an old house.......

he is still there... close to Lalsons.. but watch out, he is steep... he asked me for 15k for a job I managed to do myself with a bottle of Silvo.... :)

Edited by VVTi

he is still there... close to Lalsons.. but watch out, he is steep... he asked me for 15k for a job I managed to do myself with a bottle of Silvo.... :)

kleenpark too has the same service...you can check it up on their website...or better yet...fire a call and check!

guys while i was driving a small stone came and knocked at my windscreen (came from lorry which was in front) and now it has a small crack...the windscreen is cracked only in a small area. is there a possibility of repairing only that rather than replacing the whole windscreen?

guys while i was driving a small stone came and knocked at my windscreen (came from lorry which was in front) and now it has a small crack...the windscreen is cracked only in a small area. is there a possibility of repairing only that rather than replacing the whole windscreen?

if it's a "crack"...i doubt you can repair it...not in SL anyways...

AFAIK in SL so far they can get rid of scratches and the likes...

in many other countries they use a glass filler kinda thing to fill in when material is missing from the windscreen and then buff it over...

i doubt that's available in SL though

got a contact for a guy who does even windscreen glass "filling" work...

hope the numbers still work cos his business card seems to be a tad old...

Emgy International

Guys' name in Shan

077 305 1975, 0714 970930

141/2 Brandaranayake Me ( this is how it's spelled in his card but maybe it's the typical bandaranayake)

Dehiwala Road

Boralesgamuwa

got a contact for a guy who does even windscreen glass "filling" work...

hope the numbers still work cos his business card seems to be a tad old...

Emgy International

Guys' name in Shan

077 305 1975, 0714 970930

141/2 Brandaranayake Me ( this is how it's spelled in his card but maybe it's the typical bandaranayake)

Dehiwala Road

Boralesgamuwa

Thanks very much buddy, will fire a call tomorrow.

I do Windscreen Repair. Pioneer Windshield Repair Work Shop in Srilanka from 1992 to date uninterruptedly and Franchise holder for "NOVUS" Glass Restoration.

I was first Qualified in USA "NOVUS" Incorporation in Minnesota for Glass Repair and polishing if any Automobile owner wants my service please contact me.

M.S.G.P.Wijesinghe.

Tel:-2573690 / 0712222420 / 0779651618.

Chief Glass Repairer and Polisher.

Uditha Wannigama.

Tel:-0776593188.

Assistant Glass repairer and Polisher

Sarth De Silva.

Tel:-0719297574.

• Like 2

I do Windscreen Repair. Pioneer Windshield Repair Work Shop in Srilanka from 1992 to date uninterruptedly and Franchise holder for "NOVUS" Glass Restoration.

I was first Qualified in USA "NOVUS" Incorporation in Minnesota for Glass Repair and polishing if any Automobile owner wants my service please contact me.

M.S.G.P.Wijesinghe.

Tel:-2573690 / 0712222420 / 0779651618.

Chief Glass Repairer and Polisher.

Uditha Wannigama.

Tel:-0776593188.

Assistant Glass repairer and Polisher

Sarth De Silva.

Tel:-0719297574.

Hope you are not the guy next to Lalsons.. ;) Because he was about to charge me 15k for a chronic smudge job that I got done with a bottle of Rs. 120 Silvo.... :)

Hope you are not the guy next to Lalsons.. ;) Because he was about to charge me 15k for a chronic smudge job that I got done with a bottle of Rs. 120 Silvo.... :)

need a quick reply vvti, bored at home and thinking of giving a machine polishing job for all glasses around esp to get rid of the wiper scratches. Got a bottle full of b-cut super and brasso. What's the difference between brasso and silvo? From where you bought it? Will super cut too harsh on the glass surfaces?

need a quick reply vvti, bored at home and thinking of giving a machine polishing job for all glasses around esp to get rid of the wiper scratches. Got a bottle full of b-cut super and brasso. What's the difference between brasso and silvo? From where you bought it? Will super cut too harsh on the glass surfaces?

machang, Silvo you can buy from any place... check teh supermarkets.... it is the companion product for Brasso... but Silvo worked better than brasso for me. Try first with Silvo before you crank up the intensity.

try to hold back on the super cut till you see the results from Silvo. Its about Rs. 120 and it worked fine for me. Better than parting with multiple thousands on a strictly DIY job.

I am Wijesinghe I find in this forum one Mr Senadeera says I am charging very high Please note in Srilanka I only have the professional Polisher to Polish Wind screen or building Glasses in Srilanka I do this as a service to Automobile owners in Srilanka.

After me number of others came to the Glass repair Business to do Glass repairs and polishing the are not existing at present I have done more than 15000 Glass repairs for last twenty years in USA and Srilanka. I am not living on this income.

Wijesinghe.

Tel:-2573690

• Like 1

I am a Professional Windshield repairer I have my Professional charges. Do it your self is the cheapest so please do not criticize the charges of a Professional. I do not live on this income

Wijesinghe.

Tel:2573690.

418, Galle Road Colombo 00300.

machang, Silvo you can buy from any place... check teh supermarkets.... it is the companion product for Brasso... but Silvo worked better than brasso for me. Try first with Silvo before you crank up the intensity.

try to hold back on the super cut till you see the results from Silvo. Its about Rs. 120 and it worked fine for me. Better than parting with multiple thousands on a strictly DIY job.

thanks for the reply, anyway i couldn't get hold of the promised machine so gave it a hand job(me no dirty :D) and after lot of effort could do part of front windshield. Not worth the effort and will commence in coming weekend with the machine. Also will get hold of silvo and my paint guy confirmed super cut aint harmfull but shouldn't stress the application. So decided to stick to brasso or silvo. Thanks vvti. If i screw up my windshield my insurance guys will help me i guess ;)

I am Wijesinghe I find in this forum one Mr Senadeera says I am charging very high

i don't intend to reply your entire post as admins will take care of the personal advertising in this forum. As only active senadhira here, i would like to remind you that i haven't comment on your posts nor i mentioned you're charging high coz i never knew your presenece. So please withdraw your comment.

Hey, is personal advertising allowed on the forum?? <_<

to my best knowledge by being a member here it's not allowed. However there are incidences where fellow members provide references based on their experience for the betterment of others. Having said that, we moslty exchange such information through pm s as this forum is very very particular about advertising which is really good.

Mr H Senadeera,

I am next to Lalsons 418, Galle Road Kollupiiya.

On the same building of Metropolitan show room (CANNON). 67 Years old Born and lived in my ancestral home which I inherited from my Ancestors.

Sir.

Please note I have mentioned I am A Professional Blue caller worker in Automobile industry from the time I left my College in 1959 St Peters Bambalapitiya. I was a Blue caller worker under my farther in his Work shop.

I am not blowing my own Trumpet I do this as a Service Following my late Father's Foot steps.

He started in 1931 Wijesinghe's Armature Winding House 418, Galle Road Colombo 00300 after serving in British Army (RASC) during First world war with German Training in 1919 to 1922 in BOSCH factory for Electrical work his Specialty was Armature and Motor Winding (MAGNETO ARMATURE'S).

I still can Attend and do a satisfactory Repair to any Generator or motor in Auto or heavy Industrial units. I have served Srilanka Automobile industry for more than 50 Years.

During 1962 to 1978 Srilankans did not have replacements like today

I continued my late Father's Electrical work shop during the above said period with lot of MODIFICATIONS to Electrical units of Automobiles and in heavy Industrial Electrical units.

Today no Mechanic wants to modify or has the knowledge of reconditioning a faulty unit only knows to buy a used part or new part and replace same to the faulty unit of the Automobile.

Mechanics still do unnecessary replacements for good serviceable parts of Automobiles. Like Pressure plates Shock absorbers. At the owners expense they do trial and error jobs.

As we still in Srilanka do not have necessary testing facilities for a suspected faulty unit. We have entire Automobile Shock absorber testing.

No Facility for single Shock absorber, Pressure Plate, Valve spring Pressure testing.

All Automobile parts dealers sell only parts the do not know the Quality or the reliability of the part.

Clean Park today it is known as Kleen Park Pioneered Professional Automobile Detailing.

Others had followed Mr Ranjan Ratnesena's Concept of Automobile Detailing today.

In 1988 Clean park was Established in Dehiwala Wasala Road with a very small Detailing center with all modern facility's.

If any one goes to buy Steel the dealer do not know hardness of the material what he deal With.

I have not advertised my service on this list it is purely to list members to know where I am situated and that this service is Available in Srilanka.

I came across a Qualified Service Engineer who was a rolling stone.

He was on contract for three months to a leading Automobile dealer's Work shop to set up the work shop in order.

This Qualified Service Engineer wanted until the damaged Vehicle was repaired he should be entertained daily for his whims.

I will like to mention I do not live on the income what this business generates.

Wijesinghe

• Like 1

Dear Mr. Wijesinghe, with all due respect,

in 2007 the car I had at the time had oil like film on the inside of the windscreen right across. This made driving impossible in the night or rain. After trying many ways to get rid of it I saw an ad you placed in the ##### and I came to see you.

You took one look at the problem and said, it will cost Rs. 15,000. I was actually desperate enough to agree and go ahead. But since I did not had the money at the time I left thinking of coming another day. You explained that your product is sourced from the US and etc.. basically you told me exactly the same things you just posted here.

On the way out I took a look at what your staff were doing and all I saw was a white paste that smelled live Brasso/Silvo being used on another windscreen.

This gave me an idea and I bought one on the way home and tried it and Voila!!! My problem was sorted within 60 mins!!

So in my mind, you could have used the same thing on my windscreen and charged me the Rs. 15,000 without an ounce of remorse.

Later I also found out a replacement windscreen would have cost only Rs. 17500... would have been cost effective if I smashed it and claimed from Insurance, don't you think?

I had a similar situation with another very well established company in Sri Lanka whose Director oozes respectability and charm. He invoiced me Rs. 25,000+VAT for an item that he 'allegedly' replaced in a product I have at our office during the course of a routine service. When questioned why, he gave me a long speech bordering on aggression that I should not question his expertise and only HE knows whats good for my product, etc etc.. I told him to kindly remove the part and take his aggression and respectability elsewhere where someone gives a damn.

Later I contacted the factory that actually manufactures this part in the USA and had them deliver it to me via NORMAL post.

My total cost? USD 38! That's less than Rs 4500.... you do the math on the profit margin.. it borders on robbery.

I will leave you to ponder about what ails this country when it comes to businesses ripping people off...

Thank you for your time.

Mr H Senadeera,

I am next to Lalsons 418, Galle Road Kollupiiya.

On the same building of Metropolitan show room (CANNON). 67 Years old Born and lived in my ancestral home which I inherited from my Ancestors.

Sir.

Please note I have mentioned I am A Professional Blue caller worker in Automobile industry from the time I left my College in 1959 St Peters Bambalapitiya. I was a Blue caller worker under my farther in his Work shop.

I am not blowing my own Trumpet I do this as a Service Following my late Father's Foot steps.

He started in 1931 Wijesinghe's Armature Winding House 418, Galle Road Colombo 00300 after serving in British Army (RASC) during First world war with German Training in 1919 to 1922 in BOSCH factory for Electrical work his Specialty was Armature and Motor Winding (MAGNETO ARMATURE'S).

I still can Attend and do a satisfactory Repair to any Generator or motor in Auto or heavy Industrial units. I have served Srilanka Automobile industry for more than 50 Years.

During 1962 to 1978 Srilankans did not have replacements like today

I continued my late Father's Electrical work shop during the above said period with lot of MODIFICATIONS to Electrical units of Automobiles and in heavy Industrial Electrical units.

Today no Mechanic wants to modify or has the knowledge of reconditioning a faulty unit only knows to buy a used part or new part and replace same to the faulty unit of the Automobile.

Mechanics still do unnecessary replacements for good serviceable parts of Automobiles. Like Pressure plates Shock absorbers. At the owners expense they do trial and error jobs.

As we still in Srilanka do not have necessary testing facilities for a suspected faulty unit. We have entire Automobile Shock absorber testing.

No Facility for single Shock absorber, Pressure Plate, Valve spring Pressure testing.

All Automobile parts dealers sell only parts the do not know the Quality or the reliability of the part.

Clean Park today it is known as Kleen Park Pioneered Professional Automobile Detailing.

Others had followed Mr Ranjan Ratnesena's Concept of Automobile Detailing today.

In 1988 Clean park was Established in Dehiwala Wasala Road with a very small Detailing center with all modern facility's.

If any one goes to buy Steel the dealer do not know hardness of the material what he deal With.

I have not advertised my service on this list it is purely to list members to know where I am situated and that this service is Available in Srilanka.

I came across a Qualified Service Engineer who was a rolling stone.

He was on contract for three months to a leading Automobile dealer's Work shop to set up the work shop in order.

This Qualified Service Engineer wanted until the damaged Vehicle was repaired he should be entertained daily for his whims.

I will like to mention I do not live on the income what this business generates.

Wijesinghe

Dear Mr. Wijesinghe,

I beleive all you've mentionned here could be true, however if you're claiming yourlself a white collar professional in Automobile arena, I assume you got enough skills to read and understand to a greater extend. If so please go back and read who pointed out about your sky high prices. It wasn't me, hence no need to address me and explain sun and the moon as I am not interested.

Dear Mr. Wijesinghe, with all due respect,

in 2007 the car I had at the time had oil like film on the inside of the windscreen right across. This made driving impossible in the night or rain. After trying many ways to get rid of it I saw an ad you placed in the ##### and I came to see you.

You took one look at the problem and said, it will cost Rs. 15,000. I was actually desperate enough to agree and go ahead. But since I did not had the money at the time I left thinking of coming another day. You explained that your product is sourced from the US and etc.. basically you told me exactly the same things you just posted here.

On the way out I took a look at what your staff were doing and all I saw was a white paste that smelled live Brasso/Silvo being used on another windscreen.

This gave me an idea and I bought one on the way home and tried it and Voila!!! My problem was sorted within 60 mins!!

So in my mind, you could have used the same thing on my windscreen and charged me the Rs. 15,000 without an ounce of remorse.

Later I also found out a replacement windscreen would have cost only Rs. 17500... would have been cost effective if I smashed it and claimed from Insurance, don't you think?

I had a similar situation with another very well established company in Sri Lanka whose Director oozes respectability and charm. He invoiced me Rs. 25,000+VAT for an item that he 'allegedly' replaced in a product I have at our office during the course of a routine service. When questioned why, he gave me a long speech bordering on aggression that I should not question his expertise and only HE knows whats good for my product, etc etc.. I told him to kindly remove the part and take his aggression and respectability elsewhere where someone gives a damn.

Later I contacted the factory that actually manufactures this part in the USA and had them deliver it to me via NORMAL post.

My total cost? USD 38! That's less than Rs 4500.... you do the math on the profit margin.. it borders on robbery.

I will leave you to ponder about what ails this country when it comes to businesses ripping people off...

Thank you for your time.

To all members on the Forum

I refer to the last reply posted to this forum like to answer same.

I have Professional charges if any one is agreed to pay my charges i will attend to their needs.

As i do not have any unsatisfactory jobs done in the past and in future also I will not cheat any body.

I Pioneered and build up a professional Windshield service center in this country with clean hands.

People die with all modern drugs prescribed by Professional Doctors.

In USA few space missions have failed

Wijesinghe.

Mr. Wijesinghe, we got your the point that you try to bring out. However but what VVTI said is still valid why pay Rs.15,000 when there are alternative options around Rs.500 which deliver same qauality of out come.

Rs.1500 , 2000 maximum would be acceptable, but Rs.15000 is almost the price of new windscreen.. don't you think some thing is missing out there.. no offence Sir.. but may be your USA supplier also ripping you off all these days.

Mr. Wijesinghe, we got your the point that you try to bring out. However but what VVTI said is still valid why pay Rs.15,000 when there are alternative options around Rs.500 which deliver same qauality of out come.

Rs.1500 , 2000 maximum would be acceptable, but Rs.15000 is almost the price of new windscreen.. don't you think some thing is missing out there.. no offence Sir.. but may be your USA supplier also ripping you off all these days.

1+

1+

All list members.

Please note My Machine is the only exclusive Polisher machine Which uses Vacuum to hold on to the glass surface and cool water running through out the polishing process this will not leave any ripples. This Machine is made in USA.

Polishing compound imported from USA what I use 1 Kg Cost all inclusive is more than Rupees10000.00. Can do only 3 Windshield glasses from 1 Kg of Powder.

Polishing Pad cost Rupees:- 25000.00 10 to 15 Windshield Glasses can do from 1 pad depending the glass area and number of hours of working.

So far all other machines in Srilanka are Angle grinders fitted with a polishing pads.

Using Angle Grinder Polishing Glasses leave ripples on the Glass.

Time taken to do a top surface Polish of W/G is more than 6 hours if wiper scratches are there some times it takes 10 to 12 hours recently a Bullet proof glass was done on a BMW which took 6(SIX) days more than 40 Hours.

Two workers are necessary for a single Polish

Wijesinghe.

Still once in a while Brasso work with one hour of aerobic exercise would be a better deal it seems. We can do it every 6 months.. but still it will not cost couple of thousands for 5 , 6 years.

I got the same issue in the night and some wiper scratches too.. hope to do the job tomorrow, keep all of you updated on the results