• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Frameless Wipers

MAS

Thanks !

Where is this place ?

Try this:

Address:

No.28/ E , Sri Saranankara Road,

Kalubowila

Dehiwala

Phone:

0094 11 2761816

0094 77 7721111

What is the different between those two types of wipers?

Edited by Prami

What is the different between those two types of wipers?

Thanks for the contact.

I have used both types (with frame and w/o frame) and I don't see a big difference other than just cosmetic. Yes, the frame-less ones look much better ! :D

My car came with these types, so I just want to replace them with the same thing.

Edited by MAS

Thanks for the contact.

I have used both types (with frame and w/o frame) and I don't see a big difference other than just cosmetic. Yes, the frame-less ones look much better ! :D

My car came with these types, so I just want to replace them with the same thing.

There is a difference.... the ones with frames tend to have more weight on to the glass at the point of the rib, which results in scratch marks. Frame-less ones are the opposite..

Hi,

Are these available in the local market?

Any idea about the costs?

Tks

:)

PLS CHECK THE OTHER POST WITH A PHOTO

I have seen these at Sunlanka. Also, I have seen the Rain-X transparent (silicone) type frameless wipers at Walmart, but they were pretty expensive.

Edited by Az

i think advanced audio has them as well. in waidya road, dehiwela. one pair cost 2250 each, and the other set was cheaper. the costly one was Bosch.

the real reason these are around is that frameless ones stop frost developing on the wipers in winter. very very useful in sri lanka. of course.

but hell, they're harima kool! i'd get them myself, since the ones at sun lanka and saranankara seem cheaper! lol

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread. Does anyone know a place around Colombo from where I can buy refill for frameless wipers? Checked at L@ughfs and some other places in Panchi, but they didn't have.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread. Does anyone know a place around Colombo from where I can buy refill for frameless wipers? Checked at L@ughfs and some other places in Panchi, but they didn't have.

Thanks!

to my knowledge, no one has em.. not even Wurth

to my knowledge, no one has em.. not even Wurth

Yeah, I checked with Wurth as well and they didn't have. Was wondering if anyone else bought them down. Looks like they do, after GTAm's reply.

Available from a company I'm attached to ;). So not sure I can mention the name here.

Please check your inbox GTAm. I've sent you a PM. Hope you can mention the name there. ;)

There is a frameless wiper brand called Mercury(Korean) that im using for almost two years. It held up really well despite the frequent wet wether in my area. Today I replaced them and got a new set and it still costs 1200 per pair.

There is a frameless wiper brand called Mercury(Korean) that im using for almost two years. It held up really well despite the frequent wet wether in my area. Today I replaced them and got a new set and it still costs 1200 per pair.

Man that's cheap, Wurth costs about 7500 a pair (even an ordinary Bosche pair costs about 3500 or so), that's why I was considering a refill. Where can I find them?

Is framless wipers same as winter wipers?

Haven't used winter wipers but from what I know (and read), they're different. Winter wipers are more bulky and made out of material capable of standing up to very low temperatures. Also, they look frameless because actually the frame is covered using a rubber boot to prevent ice build up withn the frame.

• Like 1

The framless viper blade is more durable...

Nope- Not true. The wiper blade (the part that touches the windscreen) is made of the same material and has the same construction as the ones with the frame. So in theory they should last for about the same period. I've been using frameless wipers on the car I drive; and based on my usage I can state that they last about the same duration as the regular ones with frames which fits in with the above as well.

The difference between the two is in the frameless design and how it allows the pressure from the wiper arm to be distributed better across the wiper blade. As some members have pointed out that design feature may come in handy in climates where the wiper blade will be used to wipe snow / ice off the windscreen or potentially suffer a loss in performance due to the joints and flex points in a regular wiper frame freezing up or getting jammed with snow / ice.

Edited by Kavvz

Man that's cheap, Wurth costs about 7500 a pair (even an ordinary Bosche pair costs about 3500 or so), that's why I was considering a refill. Where can I find them?

Yes machan, its bloody cheap and way better than ordinary Bosche ,in my case only lasted 3 months. Ive used this particular branded thing almost 2 years (1st set)and actually it has some life left. ( only one tiny water mark appered in driver side one and bit disturbing in night driving). I got these from a place near Horana . If you are living closer to 120/highway enterance,it still worth to have a visit despite Rs800 on petrol. Where are you living ? Edited by H.C