• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Ek3 To Sir

RLan

Exclusive, my friend, means there is only a few examples around, and not the kinda thing every other wanna be boy racer has, and tries to sell for 1.6 on account of the paint job. And also lacks air bags.

And go tell your "130bhp" stories to those boys who think adding neon and stickers makes cars go faster. The car still has only 130bhp after dropping the 80k? Coz I'm sure the ECU, head work and headers have no effect on the 130bhp part, so you keep going around telling ppl a 130bhp car is fast and can take down this and that. Like I said Owa gihilla konday bandapu cheenanta kiyapan.

Oh and fyi, I've given up on the thattay style.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want any exclusivity :-) don't wanna thrash any GT or VZR (wouldn't mind beating up these moron bus & 3 wheel drivers ;) ) ... just want a bit more power to use when i feel like driving a bit fast mostly outstation tips :-) ..... so does anyone have personal experience in getting that kinda power from the existing motor & gearbox... please let me know some details :-)

Just an ECU, slight head work and I/E... Max 80K for everything... If u didn't get wat i said let me re-qoute it. A 130BHP Honda SOHC car will take down a VZR and GT :)

This, I like to see...! From the little I know, a VZR has in excess of 150BHP...

I've seen it happen more often than not!!! :P The SR16Ve is closer to 160-170

The 1.6 L (1596 cc) SR16VE has Nissan's Neo VVL variable valve timing with lift control. It produces 175 PS (129 kW) @7800 rpm and 119 ft·lbf (161 Nm) @7200 rpm. Redline is at 8300 rpm.

I take defending Nissans seriously now... :))

Its not just about the peak hp figure guys. Power to weight, torque and hp graph, gearing, transmission, etc. Whole buncha factors involved in dragging. Power figures mean jack all.

So What if the guy with the VZR paid the same amount of attention to tuning his ride: changing gearing, remapping ecu etc etc that the honda driver would have to do to take down a stock VZR? does that mean the VZR still gets toasted, or does the balance get restored?

The 1.6 L (1596 cc) SR16VE has Nissan's Neo VVL variable valve timing with lift control. It produces 175 PS (129 kW) @7800 rpm and 119 ft·lbf (161 Nm) @7200 rpm. Redline is at 8300 rpm.

I take defending Nissans seriously now... :))

However it is not a match for its counter part the SiR.....it barely keeps up with da tuned SOHC eg8

So What if the guy with the VZR paid the same amount of attention to tuning his ride: changing gearing, remapping ecu etc etc that the honda driver would have to do to take down a stock VZR? does that mean the VZR still gets toasted, or does the balance get restored?

we r yet to c dat....v r yet to c a VZR take down a competitor from its own class a 1600cc DOHC....for now da VZR is behind even with da 1500 SOHC Honda's

we r yet to c dat....v r yet to c a VZR take down a competitor from its own class a 1600cc DOHC....for now da VZR is behind even with da 1500 SOHC Honda's

oh ok.. was just curious to see if anyone had actually attempted to tweak a VZR.

oh ok.. was just curious to see if anyone had actually attempted to tweak a VZR.

There was a Sunny VZR back in the day which was being played around with...it used to be one of the fastest cars in town...but that was when the drags just began & the Honda's were all about big body kits & neon lights ECU tuning was not so famous for Honda's...ultimately the owner took his car to the next level & put a SR20DET along with a huge Turbo

There was a Sunny VZR back in the day which was being played around with...it used to be one of the fastest cars in town...but that was when the drags just began & the Honda's were all about big body kits & neon lights ECU tuning was not so famous for Honda's...ultimately the owner took his car to the next level & put a SR20DET along with a huge Turbo

SR20DEt in a Sunny? WAs this the FB15? Chooti Putha are you for real or are you just randomly dropping names? :)

So what happened when dropped a SR20DEt with a "huge' turbo in the Sunny engine bay? Did he give the Hondas a run for their money?

SR20DEt in a Sunny? WAs this the FB15? Chooti Putha are you for real or are you just randomly dropping names? :)

So what happened when dropped a SR20DEt with a "huge' turbo in the Sunny engine bay? Did he give the Hondas a run for their money?

Its actually a JB15 thats the chassis code of the Sunny VZR....

no VVTI i dint dream this it really happened.....the car was quick...but it had too much power for da wheels as it was a front wheel drive.....whenever launched it would keep on spinning....

:action-smiley-060: Useless talking to a die hard Nissan fan who doesn't know jack abt drags :P Cheers maite...

har har. You know as well as I do that the VVL exhaust opens up late so it can't be kept in the power band. And no one has been able to alter that VVL point. Should be interesting if it can be dropped to around 5k, nuh?

:action-smiley-060: Useless talking to a die hard Nissan fan who doesn't know jack abt drags :P Cheers maite...

ooohhh... Alumni from th F&F College of Drags.... Sri Lankan Chapter. Slap on a beat barrel, neons, really bright paint job and a Mugen sticker and ride that 500bhp (approx) monster down Green Path!

yaaayyyy!!!!

Edited by VVTi

ooohhh... Alumni from th F&F College of Drags.... Sri Lankan Chapter. Slap on a beat barrel, neons, really bright paint job and a Mugen sticker and ride that 500bhp (approx) monster down Green Path!

yaaayyyy!!!!

err... I wouldn't say that. vshiznet has a fair bit of experience with making hondas move pretty damn quickly.

There lies the issue- so far no one has been able to figure that out :P and nothing is guaranteed even if someone does, case in point being the Toyota GT's(with the stock lower VVT point) So it stands as it stands :)

har har. You know as well as I do that the VVL exhaust opens up late so it can't be kept in the power band. And no one has been able to alter that VVL point. Should be interesting if it can be dropped to around 5k, nuh?

There lies the issue- so far no one has been able to figure that out :P and nothing is guaranteed even if someone does, case in point being the Toyota GT's(with the stock lower VVT point) So it stands as it stands :)

Would it be impertinent to suggest that gearing might also be an issue here, especially in the case of the Toyotas? Cos I've driven a carina GT with a manual box once and I felt that the gearing was more suited to a starship than a "Sports" Saloon!

A certain VZR Sedan is gonna be the guinea pig...