• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slt Adsl Painfullly Slow

zeem35

I was reading somewhere that SLT is going to take away the "unlimited" clause out of the standard 514kbps ADSL package (and others too)..

Does anyone know if there's a truth to this?

Yup its true- they've removed the unlimited condition and reduced the rentals. Check their site for the full details. I think they've also increased the 'speed' to 1mbps ;)

There are two different packages right, as Home Plus and Home Unlimited? If so, what slt.lk and sltnet.lk shows would be different right, as the latter doesn't show for the Plus package? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

We were thinking of getting an ADSL conn too for the house as Airtel is personal use only, but no point if new conns are all limited :(

I just called up SLT and they checked on my package which was a 512kbps unlimited download package Rs.1600, and my package/conditions remains unchanged. I guess it'll depend on the package you already have.

So rather than speculate based on all sorts of articles, why dont you boys call them up (dial 1243) and ask them if your package will be going through any change :)

And yes, I too noticed an improvement in speed. I friend was telling me that the TRC is now taking a more proactive role and pressuring ISPs to deliver as close to (80%) the promised speed, whereas before they were delivering only around 30%. It seemed a logical story cos I remember SLT was known to give far more connections than their switches could handle hence cutting the bandwidth per user.

SlT never provide with agreed speeds few years back few subscribers formed a forum and brought this matter to TRC about not providing the agreed speeds by SLT and the forum was given a hearing by TRC legal department with SLT Engineers who were responsible for the above was called to the TRC auditorium.

Forum was represented very well qualified personal who argued with SLT relevant authorities providing facts of ADSL.

Then TRC decided and appointed 5 persons on the forum to monitor in five selected places in the city and out of Colombo the down load speeds monitoring of ADSL including TRC Lab with one of their senior engineers I my self was at TRC for more than 6 hours for the above monitoring.

As this above said departments are government controlled very little came out. All ADSL Forum members waste time.

Still SLT do not provide what they promise I have land lines ISDN and ADSL SLT. Mobilel Diolog and Airtel dongels.

For me in Colombo 00300 Airtell gives the best for their cost then in out of Colombo Diolog next is Mobitel. Please note I use the cheapest package in all above.

No point in writing to authorizes best thing to file a case for not providing agreed speeds still we must understand all ADSL packages are shared by other subscribers many subscribers log in speeds come down.

If any one wants Request SLT will provide Leased line with high speed at a high cost.

SLT came out with CDMA Telephones I bought one returned in three days refund took 3 years fortunately I had recorded every call I originated and incoming calls.

Dialog CDMA is having some problems they had admired to me in writing that they are having an Frequency interference.

Best CDMA is Lanka bell I have two of them with me with no problems.

Above is my experience with Telecommunications in Srilanka

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

AIRTEL--------------->>> HELL NO

from my experiences it's best to stick with SLT..

Wired lines - yes SLT

Wireless - quality and speed is offered by Mobitel at a high price, Airtel is giving comparable features at a much lower price. Yet shared network in the latter slows it down a lot during busy times. Dialog is nowhere, though many people are biased towards that. I've no experience with Lanka Bell but people say it's good.

AIRTEL--------------->>> HELL NO

from my experiences it's best to stick with SLT..

Yes BIG NO to Airtel from me.

Even today I tried to download a movie. Every 2 - 5 minitues line dropped. I have to monitor it and reconnect. If this happened atleast every 20 - 30mins I still could've used it, but every 5 mins. So I gave up.

Yes BIG NO to Airtel from me.

Even today I tried to download a movie. Every 2 - 5 minitues line dropped. I have to monitor it and reconnect. If this happened atleast every 20 - 30mins I still could've used it, but every 5 mins. So I gave up.

That's weird cuz I get very good download speeds with that, more than 100KB/s even during daytime, and around 180+ during night mellow.gif It's connected full time and line hasn't dropped for 3 days now. And Mobitel on the other hand is very slow in room but fast in the front of the house.

netspeed3.jpg

Edited by BLu3HaZe

i have dialog hsdpa and it sucks balls! really really slow...most of the time it's on "edge" instead of promised hsdpa

even when it gets to hsdpa speeds are really low...google take sometime to load...

recently worked overnight and even at ungodly hours there was no speed increase....

dont ever waste time and money with dialog wireless "broadband"

did an online update for the system over the office slt broadband line last evening...1.2gb download finished in less than 20mins...very impressive :D

coming from a dialog broadband experience it's almost unreal :P

Set it to UMTS or 3G only in network settings, won't go to EDGE then :)

will try that and see...but then again...their hsdpa too is very slow...

youtube vids don't load for hours...

even AL site takes while to loadup...

i'll be ditching that wretched connection very soon... possible wrap it with some dog poop and post it to dialog :D