• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slt Adsl Painfullly Slow

zeem35

For the last few days the internet is painfully slow.. is it only me or all slt adsl users r experiencing it? :action-smiley-060:

Im from maradana exchange..

Really? It seems faster than usual over here (nugegoda). Just this morning I managed to download this Sunday's TG episode in 2 Hours and 1 minute. 700 MB too, Fastest Ive ever seen SLT to be.

Edited by Supra_Natural

For the last few days the internet is painfully slow.. is it only me or all slt adsl users r experiencing it? :action-smiley-060:

Im from maradana exchange..

You are in one of the busiest exchanges in Sri Lanka for ADSL, which I think also has the oldest infrastructure due to it being an early adopter. I'm also on that exchange when I'm in Sri Lanka. Specially at peak times, it will be slow. It's so disgustingly slow sometimes you fell its like dialup.

Try and give them a call and tell their helpline your problem. While they may or may not be able to do anything about it, they are very nice. One time I had a problem with my line continually getting disconnected, and when I called in the night they sent someone over next morning itself to do some replacement wiring and it was all ok.

Otherwise, you can just pray that one day SLT will get it's act together and improve their broadband.

hehe.. this is the first time im posting a complaint online.. I do always call them the next minute if I have problem.. n im an early adopter too..

just wanted to know is it only me or all r facing.. have we got only a handful of SLT ADSL users in AL??

using the unlimited package at home and no complains about browsing.

but i have a small problem when downloading torrents or any file, it never go beyond 50-55Kbps ! is this normal or is there any issue with my connection?

pls note that i haven't limit downloading speed from uTorrent, its set to unlimited on download speed

Edited by ferrarif50

but i have a small problem when downloading torrents or any file, it never go beyond 50-55Kbps ! is this normal or is there any issue with my connection?

pls note that i haven't limit downloading speed from uTorrent, its set to unlimited on download speed

Well the 50's are usually the average speed I get as well, I find that it helps on utorrent if you limit the upload to around 5-10Kb/s and also set a limit for the downloads rather than unlimited. Around 250KB/s is what I set, and I get decent speeds. Cant explain why though. :unsure:

Edited by Supra_Natural

Thats the max speed 512 kiloBITs per second = 512/8 KiloBytes per second = 64 kbps. Actually, with check bits and parity bits (depending on the setup, I'm not familiar with it) probably closer to 512/9 or 512/10. Which will land you right in the range your getting. Cheer up, its the max speed you'll get! :)

yep 60 kbps is the torrent download norm for me as well with bursts up to 95kbps

speedtest.net...nice find.I dont think i'd have any issues with line speed though :lol:

666824023.png

ado you lucky bastard...just think of all the things i can do with that kind of speed :o

although using widely recognized ISP's has it's disadvantages...some of my foreign living friends received warning e-mails for torrents from film companies via their internet providers.

yep 60 kbps is the torrent download norm for me as well with bursts up to 95kbps

ado you lucky bastard...just think of all the things i can do with that kind of speed :o

:lol: well for torrents the actual DL speed really depends on the seeds,etc.But for online gaming the higher upload rate helps quite a bit.. :)

Using their 512Kbps Unlimited package. didn't notice any slowness. took 4-5 hours to download DVD ripped movie which is 1.3GB and I'm in Mahragama.

I use the same package in Kandy it takes at least 8hrs for 700mb movie download.

Average spead is around 45 - 55 Kbps.

Well they purposely block traffic allocation for some sites. Recently my father purchased PeoTV and they said after PeoTV connection ADSL spead also will increase little and it was around 80-90 Kbps for few weeks after PeoTV installation and then dropped back to normal 40-50 range.

And reason for this is some companies give more connections than recommended connection from one switch and will reason in blocking bandwidths to avoid overload of the network. In average 250 Kbps should be possible with a 512Kbps link.

Edited by MkX