• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ideal Secondary Car

Harshanas

Guys im planning on going for a small car after experiencing the 'fuel efficiency' of my conversion :blink: . lol no but i had this on my mind for sometime.

I need something to run up and down between col and kandy without feeling the pinch so to speak. Also some ground clearance is mandatory due to some of the hilly roads. Guess it will experience some rough use, so i need a tough little work horse.

I thought of an old japanese car like a starlet. but then i heard its not so great on fuel compared to our friendly indians.

So then i thought of the alto. Does anyone have any experience with this car ?

Guys im planning on going for a small car after experiencing the 'fuel efficiency' of my conversion :blink: . lol no but i had this on my mind for sometime.

I need something to run up and down between col and kandy without feeling the pinch so to speak. Also some ground clearance is mandatory due to some of the hilly roads. Guess it will experience some rough use, so i need a tough little work horse.

I thought of an old japanese car like a starlet. but then i heard its not so great on fuel compared to our friendly indians.

Hi How about a Pajero Mini ?

i dunno why you're looking for a small car but n my opinion a small underpowered petrol engined car would definately waste a lot of fuel trying negotiate the hill country on your colombo-kandy runs...

if i were in your shoes i'd get a diesel...the only thing that comes to mind is the toyota hilux 2WD short cab or the Mitsu l200 2WD cab...you can find a decent enough example of them hovering around the 1 million mark.

Kelisa would be a better choice than the Alto.

i dunno why you're looking for a small car but n my opinion a small underpowered petrol engined car would definately waste a lot of fuel trying negotiate the hill country on your colombo-kandy runs...

if i were in your shoes i'd get a diesel...the only thing that comes to mind is the toyota hilux 2WD short cab or the Mitsu l200 2WD cab...you can find a decent enough example of them hovering around the 1 million mark.

If it's only a secendory car that is needed even 1300 would be sufficient enough. And Colombo_Kandy you get main climbs only near Kegalle and Kadugannawa. About 6 months back 1300 corolla wagon did 17Kmpl (Kandy - Piliyandala via Awissawella) with 4 people on board.

But if the small car is a must not not gonna be a daily runner, Brand new Alto also could be considered, how ever if you get any passengers even in your occational long distance tours don't buy an Alto. You will have to compromise comfort alot.

Starlet, Itz, Vitz, is better in reselling as well.

Also what about the Swift.

Pajero Mini is not Gdi.You'll find one above1.1M.

MINIACE

yes as mini said its not GDI.. my bro-inlaw has got one and i think its a pretty neat little vehicle :) with 4WD and 2WD modes.. but its 2 door.. and as far as I know its OK on fuel too.. :unsure:

im talking about somthing like this

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7940/mi...pajeromini101.j

im sure u can find a good one for less than 1.5 mil

Edited by tharindu6