• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Primera P11

RLan

machang, no offense, but the more you talk, the less you seem to impress me with your general knowledge. True, I had a P11 and I loved it to bits. And no, I never even thought she was made to be perfect and never forced the fact. Using one for 3 years sort of makes you knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the car, unlike someone who has 'read' about it and seen a few badly maintained examples, don't you think?

few things you need to clear up since you are rather misinformed a lot and you flaunt your ignorance wildly.

P11 was actually imported by the agent FIRST! Then came the Caminos and the later models that were recon imports. Mine was BN agent import that had records from teh day it was sold and registered.

There are plenty of P11s in the country. Enough for Delkanda chop shops to stock enough and more stuff for any part you need.

It is an idiot proof set up. technologically it is basic as a tricylce. Any idiot with a basic knowledge and some DIY attitude can fix many things in that car.

The low profile of the car is not as bad as you make it sound. I live in Malabe and my road is a guaranteed CV/Sump killer, yet there are 3 P11 owners on that stretch of road. (now 2) ;)

I have taken her to some severe roads in Dickewella, Trinco, Hambanthota, Nochchiyagama, you name it without as much as a scrape on the bottom. The Dickwella trip required me to ask my passengers to dismount at a few places, but then that comes under being a sensible driver and not expecting your car to perform miracles, which you seem to want.

From your requirements of ride height and others, I strongly recommend you sell your Ek3 and buy a Maruti WagonR. Because the EK3 is also a quite a low car, and you just might scrape the bottom. Since you seem to think that a lot about many cars.

No offense. :)

BTW, i ran for a while with 17 inch rims with 225 ZR Potenzas..... never bottomed out then also... :) I changed the setup because of the stiff ride.

Edited by VVTi

vvti, clearly, this seems to be at whole other level for you. i like how you sugar coat my alleged naivette and ignorance with words and phrases like "machang" and "no offence" when in truth we both no that that post was neither.

let me spell this out in the clearest possible way, again: i NEVER said i was an expert. why does everyone seem to have to pass a nissan screening test just to comment here? no one was born driving a P11 out of their mom's womb... we all have had to go through the experience of learning about car the car we seek and then making a decision based on that.

and i never did ask this dude to buy a honda either. pls note. that decision is up to him.

and i guess i'm guilty of only researching on the car as i wasn't born with one, and not try to inculcate the attitude needed to own/be a self-styled expert on one. i'm just an average guy who had a look at a car i liked, and then told another (i assume) average guy what my idea on it was. but somehow this seems to be very wrong. i thought autolanka was here to help out the regular motorist/petrolhead. instead i see now its just a mosh-pit for people who make a very VERY loud statement with their wheels and egos.

i love my car. i do. but i don't let it turn me into an arrogant, rude, sarcastic, self-inflated egoist. so i'm gonna bow out of this thread now. this is just silly...

vvti, clearly, this seems to be at whole other level for you. i like how you sugar coat my alleged naivette and ignorance with words and phrases like "machang" and "no offence" when in truth we both no that that post was neither.

let me spell this out in the clearest possible way, again: i NEVER said i was an expert. why does everyone seem to have to pass a nissan screening test just to comment here? no one was born driving a P11 out of their mom's womb... we all have had to go through the experience of learning about car the car we seek and then making a decision based on that.

and i never did ask this dude to buy a honda either. pls note. that decision is up to him.

and i guess i'm guilty of only researching on the car as i wasn't born with one, and not try to inculcate the attitude needed to own/be a self-styled expert on one. i'm just an average guy who had a look at a car i liked, and then told another (i assume) average guy what my idea on it was. but somehow this seems to be very wrong. i thought autolanka was here to help out the regular motorist/petrolhead. instead i see now its just a mosh-pit for people who make a very VERY loud statement with their wheels and egos.

i love my car. i do. but i don't let it turn me into an arrogant, rude, sarcastic, self-inflated egoist. so i'm gonna bow out of this thread now. this is just silly...

Dont think like that about AL

AL memeber have helped out a Lot of Car owners(Just browse through the threads)

every car owner loves His or her car bro.and yes u shuldnt turn out to an arrogant or a rude person because of it :)

machang, no offense, but the more you talk, the less you seem to impress me with your general knowledge. True, I had a P11 and I loved it to bits. And no, I never even thought she was made to be perfect and never forced the fact. Using one for 3 years sort of makes you knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the car, unlike someone who has 'read' about it and seen a few badly maintained examples, don't you think?

few things you need to clear up since you are rather misinformed a lot and you flaunt your ignorance wildly.

P11 was actually imported by the agent FIRST! Then came the Caminos and the later models that were recon imports. Mine was BN agent import that had records from teh day it was sold and registered.

There are plenty of P11s in the country. Enough for Delkanda chop shops to stock enough and more stuff for any part you need.

It is an idiot proof set up. technologically it is basic as a tricylce. Any idiot with a basic knowledge and some DIY attitude can fix many things in that car.

The low profile of the car is not as bad as you make it sound. I live in Malabe and my road is a guaranteed CV/Sump killer, yet there are 3 P11 owners on that stretch of road. (now 2) ;)

I have taken her to some severe roads in Dickewella, Trinco, Hambanthota, Nochchiyagama, you name it without as much as a scrape on the bottom. The Dickwella trip required me to ask my passengers to dismount at a few places, but then that comes under being a sensible driver and not expecting your car to perform miracles, which you seem to want.

From your requirements of ride height and others, I strongly recommend you sell your Ek3 and buy a Maruti WagonR. Because the EK3 is also a quite a low car, and you just might scrape the bottom. Since you seem to think that a lot about many cars.

No offense. :)

BTW, i ran for a while with 17 inch rims with 225 ZR Potenzas..... never bottomed out then also... :) I changed the setup because of the stiff ride.

I agree with u bro

A person who has driven and owned the Car knows more about it than a Person who has read about it....

Primera's Ground clearance is 135mm

Honda EK3 2000 ground clearance is 150mm

If you are a Sensible driver you can handle any vehicle :)

Hi guys,

Still looking for a car :rolleyes: . While doing my research I came across Nissan Primera P11. Appearntly it's a nice car with good handling and performance. And cheap too. I like the looks as well (Especially P11 GT with big alloys ;) ). Just wondering if you guys could give me some hints about the car. Preferably by owners or people who had used it before. (Because most of my friends are trying to discourage me saying it's a Nissan and it's unreliable.)

I'm thinking of a 2.0L, Manual gear car. I'm not too worried about the 2nd hand market. What I wanna findout is,

(1.) How is the reliability like?

(2.) What parts of the car needs close attention? (Engine, suspension etc.)

(3.) How is the parts availability? (a quick look on the search facility reveals that parts are readily avialable, anyway)

(4.) Maintanence? (Expensive?)

(5.) Any major issues that this model had, that I should be aware of? (like air flow sensor thing on FB15)

(6.) Anything else that you guys think worthy

By the way, how is the handling of this car compared to Honda EK3. I hear they say EK3 got good handling and stuff (only until they've driven a BMW E39 or a E46). Anyways, hope to hear some good news from you guys. Cheers.

I don't have any driving exp with P11 however the reason i opt for EK3 over Primera is the fuel economy. As fuel economy not in your equation better go for a Primera, feedback received from my friends and others in this forum is quiet positive on Primera. And i'm sure 2.0L or 1.8L engine will give smooth ride compare to 1.5 engine.

However talking about Honda's I noticed recent trend of bashing Honda's. Even in this thread I didn't see any Honda boys come up and start promoting EK3 over P11. Honda has it's own image and culture around the world.. so if someone wanna pimp their ride its their choice. I don't think it's a big deal.

At least Civic looks good with spoilers and body kits compare to other family sedans in same class like Toyota corolla, Yaris, Nissan Sunny, Blubird, Pressia, etc. (IMO only don't need to counter attack me :violent-smiley-030:)

Ok, leaving brand war aside ViRS also good option for you. However I have the ground clearance issue with the EK3. I spend around 25K and put a concrete near the entrance to our home to avoid it hits the ground (15" wheels) :rolleyes: so don't expect much from EK3 on the ground clearance.

drive an EK3 (My Brother-in-law's), feels like it's gonna fall apart after just passing 120Kmph on the speedo. huh.gif Well, no more BMW luxeries. Back to reality. Don't want to have a Beemer here, unless I become a multimillionair.

Well if you really felt like that EK3 then it will be almost be similar with other cars in 1.5L class in our road conditions. So welcome back.

I don't have any driving exp with P11 however the reason i opt for EK3 over Primera is the fuel economy. As fuel economy not in your equation better go for a Primera, feedback received from my friends and others in this forum is quiet positive on Primera. And i'm sure 2.0L or 1.8L engine will give smooth ride compare to 1.5 engine.

However talking about Honda's I noticed recent trend of bashing Honda's. Even in this thread I didn't see any Honda boys come up and start promoting EK3 over P11. Honda has it's own image and culture around the world.. so if someone wanna pimp their ride its their choice. I don't think it's a big deal.

At least Civic looks good with spoilers and body kits compare to other family sedans in same class like Toyota corolla, Yaris, Nissan Sunny, Blubird, Pressia, etc. (IMO only don't need to counter attack me :violent-smiley-030:)

Ok, leaving brand war aside ViRS also good option for you. However I have the ground clearance issue with the EK3. I spend around 25K and put a concrete near the entrance to our home to avoid it hits the ground (15" wheels) :rolleyes: so don't expect much from EK3 on the ground clearance.

Well if you really felt like that EK3 then it will be almost be similar with other cars in 1.5L class in our road conditions. So welcome back.

Thanks for the info bro. I'm going to look at a P11 soon. Hopefully day after tomorrow. I like the ViRS as well. But it's beyond my budget right now.