• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Skyline R34 Gt

RLan

Hi guys,

I've just seen a Nissan Skyline R34 GT in a car sale near Kohuwela. Very tempting car indeed. Price is 2.3Mil. It's got 2.0l straight 6 engine (non-turbo). Could any one who has used this car before give me some insights about,

(1.) Fuel consumption

(2.) General reliability

(3.) Maintance costs

(4.) Parts availability

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi guys,

I've just seen a Nissan Skyline R34 GT in a car sale near Kohuwela. Very tempting car indeed. Price is 2.3Mil. It's got 2.0l straight 6 engine (non-turbo). Could any one who has used this car before give me some insights about,

(1.) Fuel consumption

(2.) General reliability

(3.) Maintance costs

(4.) Parts availability

Cheers.

Hey mate,

Well I can't answer properly and I'm sure loads of skyline owners will give you better descriptions

However, when it comes to maintainance and spare parts, I can tell you it's abit of a pain.

One of my friends recently overhauled a skyline engine (Non turbo) inline 6 cylinder r34. And the parts like the rings,bearings etc etc had to be brought down from Singapore and Japan. So based on that I'm guessing I've covered your question number's 3 and 4. hehe. And fuel I think it does somethin like 7 in colombo.. Not sure though. :unsure:

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

(1.) Fuel consumption

(2.) General reliability

(3.) Maintance costs

(4.) Parts availability

Cheers.

Do you know what manfacturing yea is this? and is it a english number??

If the car ur reffering to is a silver manual with number plate ending in 8998 then i can tell u all about it... it was owned by my best friend for many years and was actually the one and only reason i purchased its big brother... the car is awesome to drive..it is rear wheel driven and is the only manual R34 GT in Sri Lanka.. also it has the rear spoiler and a few additions that none of the other GT's have... the car was in mint condition when my friend had it and was serviced and looked after regularly... as to costs it never had any issues that needed alot of money.. if u need more info pls pm me and ill send u my friends number and he will tell u its whole lifespan thus far... :D

If the car ur reffering to is a silver manual with number plate ending in 8998 then i can tell u all about it... it was owned by my best friend for many years and was actually the one and only reason i purchased its big brother... the car is awesome to drive..it is rear wheel driven and is the only manual R34 GT in Sri Lanka.. also it has the rear spoiler and a few additions that none of the other GT's have... the car was in mint condition when my friend had it and was serviced and looked after regularly... as to costs it never had any issues that needed alot of money.. if u need more info pls pm me and ill send u my friends number and he will tell u its whole lifespan thus far... :D

have u seen this ? ur car is there - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline_GT-R , scroll down to 5th generation (1999–2002) section !

Edited by ferrarif50

Buds i have only seen two R34 skylines in Sri-Lanka. One is white and the other was electric blue which is now black.

I am curious to know about this silver R34 which I never knew existed. How many of these are there actually? :unsure:

R34 Four doors arent exactly common but there are at least 5 or 6 of them. There are two black 4 door, a KB reg and a J reg. The only manual car, which is silver and GR reg. A couple more autos that are silver and a couple of white cars too

As for the GT-R's there are only two, Andrews white M-Spec N1 and of course the car which used to be blue when it belonged to R de S.

Devaka, both the cars you are thinking of are GTRs. This silver one is a 4 door GT.

my bad, thanks for the verification peri. The one you saying could be the one that used to live down barnes place for many years. I would say a two door would fetch about 5-6Milion hands down. I was never a fan of the R34 Sedan nor the G35 sedan.

my bad, thanks for the verification peri. The one you saying could be the one that used to live down barnes place for many years. I would say a two door would fetch about 5-6Milion hands down. I was never a fan of the R34 Sedan nor the G35 sedan.

well the 2 door version is far better in every possible way but for those who have functional needs and really need that extra hauling space, the sedan isn't a bad choice :) a friend owns a V35 and gotta say it's quite decent car for a "sedan" :)

Andrew_GTR, I've sent a PM to you. By the way your car in Wikipedia is sexy as hell.