• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vios Engine Tune Up

chamaps

Dear Friends

I'm using VIOS (E) vehicle.When I am starting it suddenly the R.P.M meter goes to 2 and stays there about 40-50 seconds.Then it comes down to 0-1 R.P.M.

Is this a problem or what is the solution for this.

CHAMAL

I think no. This is a normal situation. When the engine getting hot it will come down to 750 RPM (between 0 - 1).

RPM Measure 1 = 1000

Dear Friends

I'm using VIOS (E) vehicle.When I am starting it suddenly the R.P.M meter goes to 2 and stays there about 40-50 seconds.Then it comes down to 0-1 R.P.M.

CHAMAL

It is normal! as long as the rpm doesnt fall below 750 - 800 range

Dear Friends

CHAMAL

Mate ours is the same. Untill the engine warms up it'll stay there. Don't worry about it. No tune up or anything needed. As long as the car idles at about 700 RPM after it's reached operating temp then it's fine.

btw just a heads up, there's a "Toyota" section as well. So you can post the Vios problems there, without selecting the "Mini" section. :rolleyes:

Dear Friends

CHAMAL

That is normal. The RPM will be around 1500-2000 until the blue engine temperature light goes off. Once the blue engine temperature indicator light goes off, the idle RPM drops to about 800. But when you stop the engine after running for some time, and then start it before the engine gets too cold, the RPM should be around 800-1000. The reason for this is to get the engine to operating temperature quickly since engine wear is highest when it is cold started.

Guys

if that is the case I am getting worries. Since my Idle rpm is always above 1000. normally in the range of 1200-1300. Mine is a corolla 121 with a 1.8 motor

isn't this normal ?

if a tune up is needed any suggestion of a place to get it done

thanks

Mike

If its in cold start It would be normal.And if the RPM doesnt go below 750 u neednt worry

Guys

if that is the case I am getting worries. Since my Idle rpm is always above 1000. normally in the range of 1200-1300. Mine is a corolla 121 with a 1.8 motor

isn't this normal ?

thanks

Mike

I would recommend the agents, as they would know the specifications of the car better (even though urs is a JDM). They will be slightly more expensive, but it will be better!

Guys

isn't this normal ?

thanks

Mike

Mate it could be just a simple adjustment of your TPS. If you want, I'll PM you the details of a good garage guy who'll sort you out without a prob. :)

• 2 years later...

hey guys. recently i got vios car. and take in to a toyota agent. agent told that Engine tuneup needed and i did it . it costs over 20 000/= so i need to know what is the frequent of the tuneup. they said 20 000Km ??

Raveendar

Rs 20000????

Just for labor or including parts as well. What exactly was done for such a huge price?

i think that 20000/= is okay.bcoz u went to the agents &u changed the petrol filter too.last December i did a tune up for my 121 bcoz of low fuel consumption &low pickup.on that time i changed air filter(VIC).4 spark plugs(toyota),& that wruth chemical,how ever i didn't changed the petrol filter,b coz they said that changing petrol filter will cost about 8500/=& first we will only change the plugs&air-filter,i said OK & they got a DIAG report & then did the tune up.after tuneup,ones again they got a DIAG report & they compared before & after tuneup reports,finally they said that now car is okey & no need to change the petrol filter,now all the problems are solved :-)i cost about 11000/=

Dear Friends

CHAMAL

this is normal. your engine works fine. don't do anything. what about fuel economy?

It's normal behaviour of the 1NZ-FE engine. Nothing to worry about, it does it to warm up the engine. The moment you put it into gear the revs settles down. Switching on your a/c does the same.

Terabyte is right............

1NZ-FE does this to get the engine working temp up quickly. Also it conducts a series of tests and calibration, but it does not mean you need to keep it like that every other day, You can drive away, but keep in mind it is a best practice not to rev our engine and do jack rabbit until the engine achieves the working temp.

thanks... IF someone who forget to see that cooling indicatior , put the gear and pick the car up

so what may be possible problems will occur??

If you continue to run the engine while it's overheating, it will eventually seize and you'll need to tear it apart. As a rule of thumb, the indicators on your dashboard are not to be ignored, especially the ones coloured in red. And if someone is so distracted that they "forget to see" the over temp indicator, then they're better off taking the bus.