• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ad People- Old Lankan Adverts

SeanD

Thank you :) , but my memory is good only on Trivia.

Never forget those days (mid- to late 80s), when I (as a child) thoroughly enjoyed watching TV.

Until Maharaja TeleVision started in 8th of May 1992, only two State-owned TV channels (SLRC and ITN) existed.

Today with nearly ten TV channels caught in cut throat competition, watching TV has become a stressful experience.

Therefore now I rarely watch local channels.

+1

These days if you waiting to watch a song in any channel you have to wait 3 minutes till all the post cards and email requests, and a caller will online .... few more munutes with he or she and there you got with start of the song. Half way time pops up and the program is over..

and you have wasted about 15 minutes of your valuable time to listen to your favourite song and now u r f*** up and P*** off. So i stopped watching TV .. cricket matches (never see what happened in last ball of the over).

Oh man I still remember that robin kurulla thing “haha okata kalabala wenna one neee…Saban sodanakudu kunu ewathkaranawa thamayi …..eeth babalana sudhakatanama Robin thiyenna oneee”

Ah and tht break oil one ..”Lokka ayiye ..Lokka ayiye mage male kadan duwanawa” and lokka ayiya is off to chase down the robber with his old Morris.M car….

Edited by chamma

• 6 years later...
Who remembers the "Kiribaddo" ad? (Kerrygold milk)

Tried to find the ad on youtube but couldnt find...

I remember me and my school friends had crushes on those cute little girls in that ad back then :D

All those who loved that "kiribaddo " ad, are real "bebaddo" now, including you . :D

• Like 1

Who remembers the "Kiribaddo" ad? (Kerrygold milk)

Tried to find the ad on youtube but couldnt find...

I remember me and my school friends had crushes on those cute little girls in that ad back then :D

ha ha that made me search the internet and your name lead me to Sri Lankan old tv ads FB page, apparently you have made a request there. Enjoyed a lot of old ads posted there, brought back good old memories from the good old days. Its sad that they don't make ads like those anymore.

ha ha that made me search the internet and your name lead me to Sri Lankan old tv ads FB page, apparently you have made a request there. Enjoyed a lot of old ads posted there, brought back good old memories from the good old days. Its sad that they don't make ads like those anymore.

LOL no no its not me who made the request...one of my friends wrote on their page wall that I'm looking for that video and when you search for it on google, that post is what comes first right?...sigh :P

Edited by PreseaLover

LOL no no its not me who made the request...one of my friends wrote on their page wall that I'm looking for that video and when you search for it on google, that post is what comes first right?...sigh :P

Yeah first link, but that's a good page.

• Like 1