• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Wingroad Fuel Consumption

JAFF

Hi guyz,

recently i bought a MANUAL TRANSMISSION Nissan Wingroad. the YOM is 2001. But it does only about 7.5 kmpl within the colombo city limits during rush hour with a/c. i use to keep the RPM level within 2500. i did an engine tune up & changed the filters as well. but still thats the figure i get. is it a good figure for a nissan wingroad?

• Like 1

Hi guyz,

recently i bought a MANUAL TRANSMISSION Nissan Wingroad. the YOM is 2001. But it does only about 7.5 kmpl within the colombo city limits during rush hour with a/c. i use to keep the RPM level within 2500. i did an engine tune up & changed the filters as well. but still thats the figure i get. is it a good figure for a nissan wingroad?

well if its an auto gear thats not bad!

Properly inflating the tyres would help you increasing your mileage per litre!

• Like 1

Hi JAFF

If it is Manual Transmission , it is not enough doing 7-8 at least it should do 10, as

mistaken_ID said you may consider the tyre size and profile ,if you are not using them as

factory manual specs it might not do better in fuel,as well as very low rpm and speed driving

does not give you any improvement in fuel rather than wasting them , so you should always drive it in

middle rpm and speed

Thanks

Regards

sumith

• Thanks 1

Hi JAFF

If it is Manual Transmission , it is not enough doing 7-8 at least it should do 10, as

mistaken_ID said you may consider the tyre size and profile ,if you are not using them as

factory manual specs it might not do better in fuel,as well as very low rpm and speed driving

does not give you any improvement in fuel rather than wasting them , so you should always drive it in

middle rpm and speed

Thanks

Regards

sumith

I think the wingroad is a heavier car than a typical sedan that's powered by a 1.5litre motor... so if you wingroad has a 1.5l motor you really shouldn't compare fuel figures with lighter sedan... One of my uncles hag a WR and that too didn't do to great on fuel despite being bone stock and driven very conservatively...

Nissan Wingroad 1190 kg

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=22264

Toyota Corolla AE110 1040 Kg

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota...la/1998_4/2261/

well as very low rpm and speed driving

does not give you any improvement in fuel rather than wasting them

I dont think you can be "speed driving" in low RPM

But keeping revs low and being on high gear to maintain speed with low taxing on gas will always give you better mileage. Just that in some instances might not be able to keep your revs, speed and gearing in optimal levels to give you better efficiency...

• Thanks 1

actually its pretty heavier than other cars.....anyway thanks for your help guys...

cheers

it's a roomy car and it's heavy... IMHO i doubt you would be able to get any better figures than that...

after a proper tune up with new plugs, filters etc etc you might get a marginal increase but that would be it...

anyways...that's just what i think :)

cheers

R

• Like 1

My Fb14 does around 8 to 9 and its an auto one, still i feel that it can do more but facts such as,

1. I have to reverse in a 10 feet wide road to park the car so it takes more fuel

2. Once in a while aggressive driving to be on time

and you may be having some unique facts as such so identify those and try to minimize things!

• Like 1

Hi JAFF

middle rpm and speed

Thanks

Regards

sumith

You seem to have misunderstood the concept of rush hour traffic with the air conditioning on..... 7.5 Km/l is an acceptable figure under those circumstances.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I've been running a 2000 YOM Y11 Manual for the last 6+ years and I get 8.5 to 9.5 km/l in Traffic.

However I run on 95 Octane fuel. This figure goes down if I run on 90

well..i did a tune up,changed the petrol filter and cleaned the throttle body, now it does about 8.5 - 9 kmpl in traffic. but i use 90 octane

• 5 months later...
Hi guyz,

I hv a Nissan Wingroad and it does 10-10.5 in City (colombo trafic) and 15Km out of Colombo. My RPM is allways between 1-1.6 the Max. For it to go at 2500 you must be running at the 3rd Gear.

I also use a fuel efficent unit fixed to the Air Chamber. Its from Jappan.

• 11 years later...