• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fit Aria

maikk99

Once a lady in our office boasted that her husband's Honda 'Fitaaria' does nearly 20 kmpl.

(I could not understand that name even after I told her to repeat it. Later searching through the Internet I found out that she was referring to Honda Fit ARIA.)

Later I found out that astonishing fuel economy was due to its i-DSI engine.

However unlike V-Tec powered Hondas, these i-DSI powered Hondas are known to be severely under-powered.

Once a lady in our office boasted that her husband's Honda 'Fitaaria' does nearly 20 kmpl.

(I could not understand that name even after I told her to repeat it. Later searching through the Internet I found out that she was referring to Honda Fit ARIA.)

Later I found out that astonishing fuel economy was due to its i-DSI engine.

However unlike V-Tec powered Hondas, these i-DSI powered Hondas are known to be severely under-powered.

If i remeber right, i have seen fit aria's with the vtech badge, i know it could have been a hoax, but still its not a typical thing a fit aria driver would do (not trying to generalise here).

lolzzzz, Fitaaria, ignorance is my cannon fodder. It's certainly a nice looking car though, certainly more street smart than the Belta/Yaris and Tiida (which I'm assuming are in the same class), especially those equipped with the subtle body accents and HID.

lolzzzz, Fitaaria, ignorance is my cannon fodder. It's certainly a nice looking car though, certainly more street smart than the Belta/Yaris and Tiida (which I'm assuming are in the same class), especially those equipped with the subtle body accents and HID.

Belta/Yaris and Tiida are a class above the fit i should think <_<

Hi Guys

Thank you for the feed back

Currently I have a Toyota 121 Luxel. So compared to toyota do u have any idea about the maintenance and the whether the parts are expensive or not

( i am trying to change the vehicles due to financial challanges)

thanks

Indika

Belta/Yaris and Tiida are a class above the fit i should think <_<

Machan,

FIT ARIA (GD5) its the Malaysian / Indonesian Assembled Honda City for the JDM (Jap.Deomestic Model).

It comes with either VTEC or IDSI engine depending on the customer's requirement and specification.

VTEC is for that extra power and combined economy.

IDSI is purely for low emissions and maximum fuel economy and excellent efficiency.

IDSI is comparatively less powerful when comparing to VTEC.

But its the most suitable car for Sri Lanka as because fuel prices are soo unpredicable and with unbearable traffic conditions with

go and brake conditions.....

IDSI engine is very sensitive with Duel Spark Ignition, where u have to be very specific on Fuel and Spark Plugs. but it comes 95 OCT as RON (Researched Octal Number) and should use the same....and for sparx its the Irredium ....on a stock car Irredium doesnt comes...bur some Sigapore imports does have dose...

only benefit u get from a Irredium is a good spark with a less voltage and the spark is very prompt and precise ! also can use plugs for a long time.

Honda Spares are not hard to find and also not that much expesive.

Specially with the Local Agent...spare parts prices are very reosonable.

If u need any more info...pls gimme a buzz... Pasindu 0714275302

Machan,

FIT ARIA (GD5) its the Malaysian / Indonesian Assembled Honda City for the JDM (Jap.Deomestic Model).

It comes with either VTEC or IDSI engine depending on the customer's requirement and specification.

VTEC is for that extra power and combined economy.

IDSI is purely for low emissions and maximum fuel economy and excellent efficiency.

IDSI is comparatively less powerful when comparing to VTEC.

But its the most suitable car for Sri Lanka as because fuel prices are soo unpredicable and with unbearable traffic conditions with

go and brake conditions.....

IDSI engine is very sensitive with Duel Spark Ignition, where u have to be very specific on Fuel and Spark Plugs. but it comes 95 OCT as RON (Researched Octal Number) and should use the same....and for sparx its the Irredium ....on a stock car Irredium doesnt comes...bur some Sigapore imports does have dose...

only benefit u get from a Irredium is a good spark with a less voltage and the spark is very prompt and precise ! also can use plugs for a long time.

Honda Spares are not hard to find and also not that much expesive.

Specially with the Local Agent...spare parts prices are very reosonable.

If u need any more info...pls gimme a buzz... Pasindu 0714275302

thanks Pasindu

• 3 months later...
Does all 1500CCs come with CVT gearbox?

We have a 2006 face lift in the family and its not the 7 speed model, but comes with the CVT box. Check out the link

"http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit-ARIA/2009/grade-data/index.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.honda.co.jp/Fit-ARIA/2009/%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1GGLS_enLK338LK340%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.lk"

or

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit-ARIA/2009/grade-data/index.html

and use google translate. Its the spec sheet for 2009 model, but its the same coming through 2006 - 2009. According to this, all 1.5 GD8's come with automatic Continuously Variable Transmission. Not sure about the pre face lift version.

We have a 2006 face lift in the family and its not the 7 speed model, but comes with the CVT box. Check out the link

"http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit-ARIA/2009/grade-data/index.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.honda.co.jp/Fit-ARIA/2009/%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1GGLS_enLK338LK340%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.lk"

or

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit-ARIA/2009/grade-data/index.html

and use google translate. Its the spec sheet for 2009 model, but its the same coming through 2006 - 2009. According to this, all 1.5 GD8's come with automatic Continuously Variable Transmission. Not sure about the pre face lift version.

Thanks Lalinda,

Actually I want to know about the pre face lift version. i.e. 2003/2004 versions.

Does anybody know any information about those versions?