• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cars With Electronic Power Steering

rangerover

Guys,

What cars in the sri lankan market currently have electronic power steering (EPS). I know the Corolla 2003/04 121 has it, the nissan march K11, Honda civic ES8. Any others?

I personally I find it very easy to drive in traffic and in tight corners thats to EPS, However the steering rack is prone to give problems

Guys,

What cars in the sri lankan market currently have electronic power steering (EPS). I know the Corolla 2003/04 121 has it, the nissan march K11, Honda civic ES8. Any others?

I personally I find it very easy to drive in traffic and in tight corners thats to EPS, However the steering rack is prone to give problems

I'm not sure but I think the Vios has eps as well. Though it tends to change mind (in ours).. sometimes it's real easy, other times it's a bit tight... Might have to get the motor serviced.. :unsure: And is there a noticable difference between normal powersteering and EPS?

I'm not sure but I think the Vios has eps as well. Though it tends to change mind (in ours).. sometimes it's real easy, other times it's a bit tight... Might have to get the motor serviced.. :unsure: And is there a noticable difference between normal powersteering and EPS?

There is a slight ease. Especially when in traffic and trying to park in tight corners. In my 121, eps causes steering rack wear off faster, is it the same with the vios? or the swift?

Now almost every car comes with EPS because it can give variable level of assist ( higher assist in low speed and low assist in high speed ), less maintenance, less parts ( only a electric motor ) , energy efficient than hydraulic PS and consider as safer than hydraulic PS. Problem with JDM Corolla like vehicles is, they are designed for Japanese like roads. So these cars can't keep up with our roads and EPS, suspension system wear and tear happens faster. Since our "maka baas" technicians doesn't know how to properly repair EPS, they suggest to replace it with hydraulic PS. So most people thinks EPS is bad, but technically EPS is far more superior than hydraulic PS.

( like cable base throttle control vs. drive by wire technology )

Edited by Miyuru Daminda

Now almost every car comes with EPS because it can give variable level of assist ( higher assist in low speed and low assist in high speed ), less maintenance, less parts ( only a electric motor ) , energy efficient than hydraulic PS and consider as safer than hydraulic PS. Problem with JDM Corolla like vehicles is, they are designed for Japanese like roads. So these cars can't keep up with our roads and EPS, suspension system wear and tear happens faster. Since our "maka baas" technicians doesn't know how to properly repair EPS, they suggest to replace it with hydraulic PS. So most people thinks EPS is bad, but technically EPS is far more superior than hydraulic PS.

( like cable base throttle control vs. drive by wire technology )

How can you convert an eps to hydraulic? since my steering rack is totaly gone, am in the process of replacing one. Need to see if a hydraulic rack is much better and costs cheaper

• 3 years later...
Hi Guys,

I have a Suzuki Swift Beetle (Japan) & rack is totally gone. can you tell me a good place to buy a rack.

Thanks.

Most of the steering rack is repairable and parts are available to buy from OEM manufacturers like 555 and genuine suzuki as well. Personally I would look to having the rack repaired rather than getting a used replacement unless an economical repair is not possible or practical.

Members,

Yesterday I checked up with a advertisement on H/A regarding rebuilding Power steering work shop.

They informed me that they will fix any steering to work on electrical power with a cost of 50000.00 rupees and under.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

More into the topic, isn't EPS more sort of force controlling while taking a tight corner ? Its over doing it and backfires like a b*tch unlike the old school hydraulic that has the right feel just my opinion.

I would somewhat agree. EPS seems to provide a slightly better level of assist when turning the wheel but lacks dampning and steering feel when the wheel is being returned to center. My expereince is with Swifts and Altos but perhaps up-market cars may have better control units

• 8 years later...