• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Mark 2 Grande

Malaka2

Anyone own a 1999 mark 2 grande.. Please tell me its fuel consumption, I own it and it doesn't do 10 km per litre.. Please tell me, what's its standards and how should I increase its perfomance..

I have used one for a very short time ( Auto Version 1999 ) . It comes with a 6 cylinder 2000 cc BEAMS Yamaha desgined engine. There is no much you could do to increase its fuel consumption unlike the basic / fuel system clean/ change spark plugs/ use genuine air filter ect.

Colombo City with A/C four passengers it does around 6.5 - 7.5 KMPL and out stations ( on O/D ) 9 - 11 KMPL. This is the maxium considering our fuel quality !

Ya, pal.. I think its better when compare it to its comfort and scale.. Its huge as a tipper truck.. Full option automatic.

Really? then no wonder your fuel figures are so low, I mean come on dude, something as big as a TIPPER TRUCK for cryin out loud!!

Must be a special version of the mark 2 The "TRD Tipper Truck Edition"

Mark ll got a 4 cylinder version as well as 6 cylinder on the 2000 cc engine.

The later ones came with a VVTi engine.

Engine capacity 2000 or 2500.

I had 2500 cc car and use to get about 7 per ltr in city, out of town even upto 9 +.

Considering the size of the car & engine I am sure one would be quite satisfied with the fuel consumption.

can i know how much a 1999 model mark 2 does on fuel within colombo with a/c during heavy traffic?

between 6~8 tops depending on condition of the car, the load being carried, the guy whose driving it etc etc etc...a

And that's good enough for car of that category IMHO :)

Malaka2, I think that's kinda the best fuel consumption you'll get from an auto 2L 6 cylinder Mark II.

I once had Toyota Lanka inspect a Mark II (X90 series 1996 model - 2000cc 6 cylinder Manual - which had something wrong with the emissions system), and the fuel consumption figure was about 4-5 kmpl.!! So I think what you have are way better figures.