• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

don't have any pics before, coz right away i put it to the paint after buying.. but during the painting process and the whole restoration process I took pics.. thought of putting it to the restoration blog and share it..

waiting for a photographer to agree with me to do a shoot coz in my phone camera, the curves and details cannot be seen much... :D

If Pericles is free for a shoot in any location, I'd be happy to do so :D

No time this month, have to be next month.

Congratulations dude! Just saw the thread !! Are you fully recovered now.

Thanks mate :)

Not fully recovered, full recovery would take around 7,8 months as I was told..slight pains are there... but can manage the day to day work and and also I'm using a special seat for spine support when driving which was given by Rumesh88.. Thanks rumesh for the medical seats, it is really helpful when driving :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so this was there from the day I bought the car but since the car functioned properly I didnt pay attention to this....When I turn the key the first time it and start the car it doesnt start, be it cold start or warm start..it gives like a battery dead noise & stops,but when turn the key the second time and start the car it starts perfect...but without starting, if I on the ignition at first & switch off the ignition once & start, then it starts the first time..scanned,checked battery,alternator,ecu,starter motor & everythng was said to be fine & nothing is wrong...so what may be the cause for getting started the 2nd time I turn the key always & not the 1st?...and should I be concerned about this?

Ok so this was there from the day I bought the car but since the car functioned properly I didnt pay attention to this....When I turn the key the first time it and start the car it doesnt start, be it cold start or warm start..it gives like a battery dead noise & stops,but when turn the key the second time and start the car it starts perfect...but without starting, if I on the ignition at first & switch off the ignition once & start, then it starts the first time..scanned,checked battery,alternator,ecu,starter motor & everythng was said to be fine & nothing is wrong...so what may be the cause for getting started the 2nd time I turn the key always & not the 1st?...and should I be concerned about this?

You mean just clicking and the starter motor not cranking the engine?

If the motor spins, you're probably looking at a faulty/worn out fuel pump which takes a bit of time to build up pressure.

You mean just clicking and the starter motor not cranking the engine?

If the motor spins, you're probably looking at a faulty/worn out fuel pump which takes a bit of time to build up pressure.

Starter motor cranks the engine..but it drags and stops like how it cranks and drags when the battery is about to be out...ahh ok, so I will have to replace the fuel pump then....then this also explains the high fuel consumption in city limits yeah?.....wonder how Mr. Dhammika didn't notice the pump is worn out...

Starter motor cranks the engine..but it drags and stops like how it cranks and drags when the battery is about to be out...ahh ok, so I will have to replace the fuel pump then....then this also explains the high fuel consumption in city limits yeah?.....wonder how Mr. Dhammika didn't notice the pump is worn out...

Wait the motor cranks, drags and stops? Meaning the motor stops despite you holding the key in the "START" position?

Wait the motor cranks, drags and stops? Meaning the motor stops despite you holding the key in the "START" position?

Yes correct...but the second time it starts perfectly....

ok now i went and started it and it started the first time:|

not everytime this happens....75% of the times it starts at the 2nd start...

Edited by PreseaLover

hehehe so much confusion right now on what happens... why dont you maybe record a small video and upload on youtube..

My first guess would be a starter motor issue, cos the cranking "drags" and stops.. As long a the battery is good, the starter motor should crank at the same speed irrespective of if there's petrol coming in or not.

• Like 1

hehehe so much confusion right now on what happens... why dont you maybe record a small video and upload on youtube..

My first guess would be a starter motor issue, cos the cranking "drags" and stops.. As long a the battery is good, the starter motor should crank at the same speed irrespective of if there's petrol coming in or not.

since it works fine the second time (engine starts in like 1 second), still would it be a starter motor issue?

Yes correct...but the second time it starts perfectly....

ok now i went and started it and it started the first time:|

not everytime this happens....75% of the times it starts at the 2nd start...

If the motor freezes and only the starter solenoid clicks away while you hold the key in the "START" position, then it's probably a starting system fault (starter motor, battery, leads and relays) and not the fuel pump.

- Check if your battery terminals are loose

- Get the battery checked properly (CCA, Load test etc.)

- Visually inspect the live and ground cables that run from the battery to the starter motor and make sure they're not damaged or loose.

- Take it to a good electrician and get the starter relay checked

After all the above points are covered and if the problem still persists, you probably need to get your starter motor serviced.

If the motor freezes and only the starter solenoid clicks away while you hold the key in the "START" position, then it's probably a starting system fault (starter motor, battery, leads and relays) and not the fuel pump.

- Check if your battery terminals are loose

- Get the battery checked properly (CCA, Load test etc.)

- Visually inspect the live and ground cables that run from the battery to the starter motor and make sure they're not damaged or loose.

- Take it to a good electrician and get the starter relay checked

After all the above points are covered and if the problem still persists, you probably need to get your starter motor serviced.

Alright,thanks davy will do :)

The previous owner said, he had an issue with the starter motor and he fixed it...however after i bought it, in certain occasions, I encountered situations where the engine doesnt crank, but heard only the clicking noise.. so i got the starter motor fixed..and the engine not cranking issue went away...willl get the afformentioned points checked....thanks :)

• 1 month later...
I got a problem when breaking there is a bad smell (not always). Can you guys help me is it a serious case or not ? Presea 1995 (auto)

Welcome to the forum :)

Glad to see another presealover...

Never encountered such an issue though, so maybe a forum member might be able to shed some light to your problem...

On a different note, would like to see your car, share some pics if you have :)

I got a problem when breaking there is a bad smell (not always). Can you guys help me is it a serious case or not ? Presea 1995 (auto)

Does this smell come even in regular driving conditions or under heavy breaking or when going down hills etc? Its better to get your whole system checked asap, calipers, piston, discs, pads, shoes for break binding etc. Its the break system we are talking about here better not to take any chances.

Uhh..what kind of a smell ? Like a rubber, plastic burning smell ?

Usually when there is a smell do you have passengers in the car ? If so it could be that you drive like a maniac and when you brake the passengers literally soil themselves :sport-smiley-004: <sorry couldn't help myself>

• Like 3

Hi guys... So I bought a new windshield protector and there were 6 sticky points to attach it to the windshield..however one sticky nib slipped and went to the bottom of the windshield and when i tried to remove it, it slipped further down to the point where the end of the dashboard and the inner windshield meet..then i used a pen pipe to take it out then the pen pipe also went inside amd must have gone inside...should I be worried that the pen pipe is in?