• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

Age is not a barrier under the buriya yo :P

And yes, I like sharon now than how she was when young, so is Madeleine...

Oh Gosh! Well I don't know about that! But then again what DO I know> and does it even matter! Besides, as noted elsewhere, diversity in taste and opinion is what makes the forum fun: Your taste for fine cars, fine (older) women and Kandy lasses (that give off heat) has been duly noted !! :D

And I applaud you for being so forth coming in sharing your opinions with us :appl:

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Ouch kavvz... :sad-smiley-067:

Ariana Grande? eeeeeya...

Ah you don't know my taste so let me tell ya..... A picture of Sharon Stone or Madeleine Stowe would do :smilie_liebe9:;)

If not, a gang picture of these two including Ashley Judd and Gillian Anderson would be cool to ;)

As much as I would like to diss you on this matter I gotta admire the list you posted here son.

I myself had a thing for Sharon Stone in the past after watching Basic Instinct :D

What about christina hendricks ? :P

Edited by NRX

As much as I would like to diss you on this matter I gotta admire the list you posted here son.

I myself had a thing for Sharon Stone in the past after watching Basic Instinct :D

What about christina hendricks ? :P

Great minds think alike they say ;)

Yeah basic instinct was a bomb, I watched all her movies..

I also like Amy breneman... she is so calm and gentle...

Christina hendricks didnt talk to me much though...

I also like drew barrymore, melanie griffith, michelle pfeifer and Diane Lane...

Yikes! The big boss stepped in. I'm gonna go radio silence here onward :ph34r:
yeah me too.... zipped! :sad-smiley-058:

There's an excellent thread set up specifically for this sort of thing gents, good old Post Whoring. You can discuss whatever the hell you feel like on it to your heart's content!

There's an excellent thread set up specifically for this sort of thing gents, good old Post Whoring. You can discuss whatever the hell you feel like on it to your heart's content!

But wasn't this thread supposed to be all about PreseaLover and his Presea? ( And all the women who fling themselves at him as he drives by / women he ends up driving after / women he ends up stalking in it?)

This whoring is after all Presea specific / Presea centric ! :D

Edited by Kavvz

But wasn't this thread supposed to be all about PreseaLover and his Presea? ( And all the women who fling themselves at him as he drives by / women he ends up driving after / women he ends up stalking in it?)

This whoring is after all Presea specific / Presea centric ! :D

If the person who created this thread logs in, he will be taken by the elemant of surprise lol...

Rumesh also mentioned the same thing few days back saying this is my thread lol

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="283819" data-time="1443841639"><p>

<br />

<br />

But wasn't this thread supposed to be all about PreseaLover and his Presea? ( And all the women who fling themselves at him as he drives by / women he ends up driving after / women he ends up stalking in it?) <br />

<br />

This whoring is after all Presea specific / Presea centric ! :D</p></blockquote>

Like the BRATT thread... lol

• Like 1

If the person who created this thread logs in, he will be taken by the elemant of surprise lol... Rumesh also mentioned the same thing few days back saying this is my thread lol

Oh you didn't create this thread? My bad! I totally thought you did! Its safe to say that you've pretty much adopted it though!! :D

Entertaining anecdotes and posts aside; this thread did rekindle my interest in the Presea! I don't see alot of them around, so I'd forgotten how good looking they are. I must say its an extremely elegant looking car. Not fast, but hey, who needs fast when you can ride along in style and comfort? Its a pity they don't make them any more.

Are there any other Nissan models out there currently in production that are similar or are the current equivalent of the Presea?

Edited by Kavvz

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="283819" data-time="1443841639"><p>

<br />

<br />

But wasn't this thread supposed to be all about PreseaLover and his Presea? ( And all the women who fling themselves at him as he drives by / women he ends up driving after / women he ends up stalking in it?) <br />

<br />

This whoring is after all Presea specific / Presea centric ! :D</p></blockquote>

Like the BRATT thread... lol

Had to google it via google site search (does our autolanka search bar not work anymore?) to find it, but here's the link of anyone wants to read it. (Had some time to kill so I dipped into it randomly, and it was pretty entertaining! Pretty much in the same way a good watalappam is with lots of lovely sweet treacle favoured custard to give depth but still littered with enough cashews and raisins to keep it from getting monotonous! As in: its full of good solid car talk but still littered with enough film references, women in catsuits, Trinity doing the Kandian dance before rugby games and lots and lots of good humoured bashing to keep it fun! :D)

Edited by Kavvz

Oh you didn't create this thread? My bad! I totally thought you did! Its safe to say that you've pretty much adopted it though!! :D

Entertaining anecdotes and posts aside; this thread did rekindle my interest in the Presea! I don't see alot of them around, so I'd forgotten how good looking they are. I must say its an extremely elegant looking car. Not fast, but hey, who needs fast when you can ride along in style and comfort? Its a pity they don't make them any more.

Are there any other Nissan models out there currently in production that are similar or are the current equivalent of the Presea?

Nah this post was created back in 2009 by a guy called 'la sabre'...

I'm glad to hear that I have indoctrinated you into being a presea fan :D My duty on earth has been done!

Exactly, who needs fast car's if it is taking me from point A to point B with comfort and style, that's what I need

Yep, only the Nissan Silvia has the similar look, both from the back and the front... :)

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear that I have indoctrinated you into being a presea fan :D My duty on earth has been done!

lol! Consider it done! :D

Yep, only the Nissan Silvia has the similar look, both from the back and the front... :)

And totally NO chance finding one of those!

• Like 1

Well no..but yes (if you consider what Nissan is making for that market segment)

Back during the days of the B11 and B12 Sunnies, Nissan decided that it needed a product for the compact sedan segment which had the luxury of a large sedan (like its Laurel, Gloria, etc...but not as large as the Bluebird). Thus, the Laurel Spirit was born. By the time the B13 came Nissan evolved the ideology of the Laurel Spirit and fused that with the likes of the Carina ED resulting in the Presea. So the Presea was based on the B13 and B14 platforms. As time progressed and Nissan found its self in financial trouble and Renault took over, the Presea fell victim to Nissan's revival plan and was axed (as model consolidation seems to have been the game plan). However, in order to fill the need of something like the Laurel Spirit (which was replaced by the Presea) Nissan introduced the Bluebird Sylphy; which, like the Presea, was based on the Sunny but still looked like the Sunny as well. Later on, with the demise of the Bluebird badge, the Bluebird Sylphy became the Sylphy.

So if you are looking for a 1-to-1 equivalent to the Presea; then I can't think of anything. However, if you are looking at a model that caters to the same market segment then the closest you get is a Sylphy.

• Like 2

Ok let me update you guys with something useful....

Recently i had a low pickup issue as well as a car knock/jerk issue when accelerating in first gear and also speed instantly increasing at times... went to ASNU and got an injector cleanup/throttle body cleanup and spark plugs replace and now the issues are gone :)

there were lot of carbon inside the throttle body.... and spark plugs were worn out so had to replace...

The gent at ASNU showed me the spray patterns and the different tests after cleaning with the ultrasonic thing... said 99.9% the injectors are alright....

for everything costed me 8k... the ride is very smooth now.....

There are around 5 test scenarios... like spray pattern, the spray ratio test, leak test etc.

all four injectors (mine has 4 injectors) should process equally in order to pass the test and you can see from your own eyes how the spraying is happening from the 4 injectors, when they set it up to the machine...

so it is vital to go through the tests once the injector cleanup is done...

I wanted to take a photograph but the dude said photography is prohibited so I just watched...

And also it is important that you replace the washers of the injectors once an injector is removed for the cleaning because sometimes those get damaged when removing, so never use the same washer and get new washers... one washer costed 280 bucks...

but I think if you have a mechanic its better to remove the injectors and go there because anyway asnu only does it cleaning injectors... next for the tuneup they have made contract with a nearby garage and the garage dudes are the one's who does the tune-up... asnu is only responsible for cleaning the injectors.... the payment is paid seperately to the 2 parties (for asnu 5k for the cleaning injectors, and for the garage 1750 for cleaning the throttle body, and if you replace plugs, then an additional 1500)...

However the ultrasonic machine is there only in ASNU and D*MO... D*MO has their inbuilt garage so you get exposed to see the entire thing...

The disadvantage in ASNU is that, while you are gone to clean the injectors to asnu, your car is parked in the garage of asnu's contractors, and they do the cleaning of the throttle body... We don't get to see how they clean it or what they actually do because at that time we are at ASNU looking at how the injectors are cleaned...

And even though ASNU gent told me that the contractor is a professional who worked for A*W, he is not the one who is doing the tune-up, it is his coworker who is doing it, so this professional story is crap though as the professional fellow is the garage owner whereas his golaya is the one who does the tuneup...

And D*MO quoted me 4k for the tuneup which is half the price of ASNU but I went to ASNU even though the price is higher because most of the recommendations were for ASNU... if somebody who has experience going to D*MO should also share their experience that might be useful for someone who wants to get a tuneup done in the future so maybe we can see the difference of the two agencies who uses the same machine....

Edited by PreseaLover
  • Like 4

Thank you PL for the detailed explanation. I know many people who got the same thing done but when asked what really happened all they say is "don't know what they did but they said the injectors are OK". I always say that injector cleaning alone is not enough you must get them tested. BTW nice to hear that you have a smooth ride now.

• Like 1

In a way, if someone needs to do an engine tune-up I guess going to ASNU or D*MO would be better than going to Mr. Dhammika.... because what Mr. Dhammika does is a full system scan and provide you the status of the vehicle and dispense necessary precautions, not a proper tune-up... And he doesnt do a throttle body cleanup as well... But as per my perception, one should know the status of their vehicle if you have purchased a reconditioned vehicle, therefore paying a visit to Mr. Dhammika is fruitful after you buy a car.. For an example I never knew I had a faulty alternator until he pointed it out at the system scan...

In a way, if someone needs to do an engine tune-up I guess going to ASNU or D*MO would be better than going to Mr. Dhammika.... because what Mr. Dhammika does is a full system scan and provide you the status of the vehicle and dispense necessary precautions, not a proper tune-up... And he doesnt do a throttle body cleanup as well... But as per my perception, one should know the status of their vehicle if you have purchased a reconditioned vehicle, therefore paying a visit to Mr. Dhammika is fruitful after you buy a car.. For an example I never knew I had a faulty alternator until he pointed it out at the system scan...

You sure about this? Been to Mr. Dhammika a couple of times and he did correct some issues, which would fall under 'engine tuning' on an EFI engine. As far as I know, you can't do much in terms of engine tuning on an EFi engine. I trust someone more knowledgeable in the subject would correct me on this. Throttle body cleaning is actually a DIY. I do it every time I get my car serviced.

You sure about this? Been to Mr. Dhammika a couple of times and he did correct some issues, which would fall under 'engine tuning' on an EFI engine. As far as I know, you can't do much in terms of engine tuning on an EFi engine. I trust someone more knowledgeable in the subject would correct me on this. Throttle body cleaning is actually a DIY. I do it every time I get my car serviced.

There is nothing wrong with the way Mr. Dhammika goes about his business (I don't think PreseaLover meant it that way) but we have to understand his division of labor. He doesn't go into detailed work on certain parts in certain models. Basically his part is to analyze and tell you the status of your car and recommend the remedies for issues if any. Of course, unlike in carb engines you can't do much with EFI engines when it comes to tuning but a proper analysis can guide you better in solving a issue.

• Like 2

Do you have any idea of buying a Presea or something?

Not in particular, as I replaced my car a couple of months ago but its nice to keep track of cars that would fit my needs so that if I spot one in good nick at a good price I I know to sweep in and make a competitive offer before its gone. I've found that's the only way to get something at a decent price....

Thanks to my friends at Autolanka I now know to be on the look out for P11's , Teana's, and Laurel's in good nick. I also like the Lancer Ralliart that Davy bought, the Legacy R that MeanGreen has and now from this thread: the Presea.

Out of the lot I think buying a Teana or Laurel is probably the best option, but again at the right price I'm open to anything decent...

Either way I am thankful to all of you for your opinions and for highlighting all the fine cars you drive, for if it weren't for you lot I'd probably be driving a Premio or worse a Vesi !! :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Well no..but yes (if you consider what Nissan is making for that market segment)

Back during the days of the B11 and B12 Sunnies, Nissan decided that it needed a product for the compact sedan segment which had the luxury of a large sedan (like its Laurel, Gloria, etc...but not as large as the Bluebird). Thus, the Laurel Spirit was born. By the time the B13 came Nissan evolved the ideology of the Laurel Spirit and fused that with the likes of the Carina ED resulting in the Presea. So the Presea was based on the B13 and B14 platforms. As time progressed and Nissan found its self in financial trouble and Renault took over, the Presea fell victim to Nissan's revival plan and was axed (as model consolidation seems to have been the game plan). However, in order to fill the need of something like the Laurel Spirit (which was replaced by the Presea) Nissan introduced the Bluebird Sylphy; which, like the Presea, was based on the Sunny but still looked like the Sunny as well. Later on, with the demise of the Bluebird badge, the Bluebird Sylphy became the Sylphy.

So if you are looking for a 1-to-1 equivalent to the Presea; then I can't think of anything. However, if you are looking at a model that caters to the same market segment then the closest you get is a Sylphy.

Great suggestion iRage! And you're bang on the money for I actually did have Sylphy a 2-3 years ago- It was a great car and one that I too would recommend. Not the most exciting to drive (and not as distinct from the mainstream as the Presea) but superb as a daily driver. It proved to be super reliable and as I later found out, super safe (I literally walked away after a major crash).

Edited by Kavvz

Not in particular, as I replaced my car a couple of months ago but its nice to keep track of cars that would fit my needs so that if I spot one in good nick at a good price I I know to sweep in and make a competitive offer before its gone. I've found that's the only way to get something at a decent price....

Thanks to my friends at Autolanka I now know to be on the look out for P11's , Teana's, and Laurel's in good nick. I also like the Lancer Ralliart that Davy bought, the Legacy R that MeanGreen has and now from this thread: the Presea.

Out of the lot I think buying a Teana or Laurel is probably the best option, but again at the right price I'm open to anything decent...

Either way I am thankful to all of you for your opinions and for highlighting all the fine cars you drive, for if it weren't for you lot I'd probably be driving a Premio or worse a Vesi !! :D

Laurel is where it's at.... The big gun versions are the ultimate Q-ships, just ask VVTi.. Btw there is at least one another laurel complete with RB25DET in Lanka other than VVTis