• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

on another note, one of my rear wheels are sort of crooked.. maybe due to an accident by a previous owner.. the smart wheels guys said that the drum needs to be fixed so i took it to this 'autobox' place in malay street and they said the entire rear axle needs to be replaced as thats the only solution.. anyone have experience in replacing the rear axle bar? 

replaced the rear  axle of the presea and replaced the tires with Nankang... feels like heaven (roadnoise is really low) and such a compy set of tires... the project is almost coming to and end by the end of next week.. so much to include in the blog as well.. this time every worn out part was replaced the the project was huge.. will update the blog soon..

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

replaced the rear  axle of the presea and replaced the tires with Nankang... feels like heaven (roadnoise is really low) and such a compy set of tires... the project is almost coming to and end by the end of next week.. so much to include in the blog as well.. this time every worn out part was replaced the the project was huge.. will update the blog soon..

I think  you mean a rear suspension arms or the entire hub assembly? Because the Presea is front wheel drive, and has independent rear suspension, so the rears don't have an "axle".

2 hours ago, Davy said:

I think  you mean a rear suspension arms or the entire hub assembly? Because the Presea is front wheel drive, and has independent rear suspension, so the rears don't have an "axle".

ah i thought you call that long pole that  connects the two tyres are called the axle in the rear as well? the entire rear suspension kit  was replaced along with this long pole as it came together :) after replacing this automatically an ABS issue in the car was also fixed, (didnt have to spend additionally on breakliners and racers as well as everything came with it) so it was a win for me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here are the pics at the end of the car restoration... Couldn't update the blog yet because this time i basically replaced almost a lot of parts and so much to write,,. will update it when i get some free time... didnt do any photoshoot even, just took pics while driving and here you go.. The paint code is DEEP BLACK PEARL btw... Thanks in advance for the compliments :D 

51371513_10156323699884200_1408642345582198784_n.jpg

51385393_10156323699899200_1855616585599811584_n.jpg

51626369_10156323700179200_1679934757992923136_n.jpg

IMG_0640.jpeg

Edited by PreseaLover
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Davy said:

Looking good mate. Well done!

You changed the colour! And all this time you were against it. :D 

yeah cuz my 1st car was a metallic colour, 2nd white, and what's left is black so you know ;) btw the original colour of the previous car was wine red which i changed to white :D this car will be used by my grand kids also.. thats the plan..

Edited by PreseaLover

7 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

this car will be used by my grand kids also.. thats the plan..

I'm going to quote this, just in case I want to use it against you in the future. :D 

Can't say I have seen many black Preseas around. It suits the car well and the paint job seems to have been done perfectly. On the other hand, welcome to a world of washing the car more frequently and being baked alive upon entering the car after being parked in the sun. :P 

Anyway, what are your plans next?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Davy said:

I'm going to quote this, just in case I want to use it against you in the future. :D 

Can't say I have seen many black Preseas around. It suits the car well and the paint job seems to have been done perfectly. On the other hand, welcome to a world of washing the car more frequently and being baked alive upon entering the car after being parked in the sun. :P 

Anyway, what are your plans next?

HAHAHA I'm already fed up of washing this :D well no next plans really.. I've done everything.. want to keep the engine stock and NOT going to lower this because i load the car and go on trips to the hills and can't drive if I lower this more.. so everything is done, and no plans :D i don't use this car much.. only use this to go on dates, trips and to the salon :D 

looks awesome my friend! As Davy said not too many black cars around and that color brings out the cool 90'sness in the car. as for keeping it for your grand kids....knowing you that's a big IF ? time will tell. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, matroska said:

looks awesome my friend! As Davy said not too many black cars around and that color brings out the cool 90'sness in the car. as for keeping it for your grand kids....knowing you that's a big IF ? time will tell. 

trust me on this mate, if i buy another car i will keep this and buy another... not gonna sell... i wasted too much time, energy and money on this to sell it again :D

4 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

So we have a photo two guys standing on either side of a car, one of them is already talking about grandkids and also says he will be using the car 'to go to salon'...

Not suspicious at all!

? 

and there's another guy inside the car as well.... ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought of sharing this valuable information.. specially will be useful for users of old cars... So during my restoration process a part that I had to fix was the gear selector glass as it was broken.. I had two choices, either to replace the entire gear shifter panel which costs around 7k or to find a way to fix the broken glass.. then I found out this place infront of mount lavinia courts, where they completely make a new glass of the gear selector as per the original way, so i gave it a try and they made it exactly as how it was. They do it for any vehicles so if any of you need to fix your gear selector glass, you can get it done from this place. But you need to take the broken sample with you, so they would know the dimensions before making. They only took Rs. 1800 for the job and did it in 2 days. Here is the new one. No one could even figure out this is not the original one right? 

IMG-0676.JPG

IMG-0656.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I think I don't like the smell inside my car... After having the interior washed 5months back I think the new car smell and the shampoo smell has been mixed and now the car gives a different smell which I dont know to tell if its good or bad.. i cant really figure out whether its an ok smell or a not good smell... so what can I do to change this smell? I tried spraying california scents all over the seats and all but i think this smell stays.. @matroska if you are passing my house when you are free just drop by to do a smell check and see if this is normal since you have had experience in many cars?