• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

12 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

It is not limited :D out of the Preseas in SL, almost 75% of them has these

Yeah but there are no Black Star Preasea R11s in Sri Lanka neh (Otherwise you'd know all about it and won't stop hassling the owner to sell it, I mean, who doesn't want to own the only Presea in SL with factory black paint? Manual Transmission would be a problem though :D)

Carmakers are known to do this, design a special package with what is already offered and call it a "limited edition". Atleast the BlackStar has factory black paint to make it unique... Mitsubishi released a Lancer EX "Black edition" with minor cosmetic mods (like black wheels) even though they were already offering Lancers in Black color

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/mitsubishi-releases-lancer-black-edition-108518/

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, Crosswind said:

Go to McCallum road. There's a tamil guy (I forgot the name) who has a little hole in the wall shop, just past those second hand bookshops. He's good with this kind of things.

Otherwise, try Rexton Motors, next to the Fire brigade in Darley road. Those guys are also good.

mate, is this place somewhere around here?---> https://www.google.lk/maps/place/McCallum+Rd,+Colombo/@6.9272269,79.8608127,3a,75y,40.85h,93.78t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s78B0PHgUfK5sWa9Jo5UcEQ!2e0!3e11!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x3ae25919dfe2d157:0x9db6ee1c80ec7941!8m2!3d6.9313923!4d79.8549925

13 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Yes its in that line of shops. I think its either Romax motors or one of its neighbours. Just go and ask them!

guys.. problem... i installed the speakers and everything... in the morning the pioneer player stopped working, as in not even the display came up... so the guy who did the speaker installations said that a fuse was blown, so he wrapped the fuse with a wire and the player started working again... he said this is temporary, so buy a 0.75 fuse and put it as they dont have that fuse... (i didnt install the new fuse yet).. even after this, for songs that has high bass, then song plays but skips every second and given a silence every second when it plays.. i switched off the bass and played those songs and the songs works fine.. for the songs that doesnt have a high bass, this issue is not there... what could be the issue here? also where can i find a 7.5 size fuse? and another thing is that, when you increase the volume to around 30, the speakers gives a vibration.. so the guy put another pioneer player and tested and the speakers didnt vibrate like it did.. so he said the setup I have doesn't control the audio well... this is a genuine pioneer double din setup i bought.. can anyone advise on this?

Edited by PreseaLover

33 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

guys.. problem... i installed the speakers and everything... in the morning the pioneer player stopped working, as in not even the display came up... so the guy who did the speaker installations said that a fuse was blown, so he wrapped the fuse with a wire and the player started working again... he said this is temporary, so buy a 0.75 fuse and put it as they dont have that fuse... (i didnt install the new fuse yet).. even after this, for songs that has high bass, then song plays but skips every second and given a silence every second when it plays.. i switched off the bass and played those songs and the songs works fine.. for the songs that doesnt have a high bass, this issue is not there... what could be the issue here? also where can i find a 0.75 size fuse? and another thing is that, when you increase the volume to around 30, the speakers gives a vibration.. so the guy put another pioneer player and tested and the speakers didnt vibrate like it did.. so he said the setup I have doesn't control the audio well... this is a genuine pioneer double din setup i bought.. can anyone advise on this?

1.  Based on your description it sounds like there is a short circuit in the sound system or your head unit is not receiving enough power from the battery/alternator which is why the music stops for heavy bass. Another possible cause for this problem is that the wires running from your head unit to the speakers could be too weak or the wires could have deteriorated over time hence they are not able to send the required power to the speakers.
  2. What sort of vibration are you referring to? Was the second Pioneer tested with same equalizer and sound settings?
    The vibration you are referring to could be caused by hard bass, it could be coming from your side board or the whole speaker could vibrate if they aren't mounted properly.
Edited by Magnum

13 minutes ago, Magnum said:
  1.  Based on your description it sounds like there is a short circuit in the sound system or your head unit is not receiving enough power from the battery/alternator which is why the music stops for heavy bass. Another possible cause for this problem is that the wires running from your head unit to the speakers could be too weak or the wires could have deteriorated over time hence they are not able to send the required power to the speakers.
  2. What sort of vibration are you referring to? Was the second Pioneer tested with same equalizer and sound settings?
    The vibration you are referring to could be caused by hard bass, it could be coming from your side board or the whole speaker could vibrate if they aren't mounted properly.

no the 2nd pioneer was tested with just high volume.. vibration  as in - lets say a song begins with no bass and then  in the middle the bass starts.. so until the bass starts its very clear and when the bass kicks in, then because of the bass the car doors vibrates.. in my previous kenwood speakers, even if i hit 40, the doors didnt vibrate.. yeah the whole speaker itself vibrates (tested without the boards) and those are mounted properly... 

so how can  i checked the actual issue with regards to point number 1) ? 

2 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

no the 2nd pioneer was tested with just high volume.. vibration  as in - lets say a song begins with no bass and then  in the middle the bass starts.. so until the bass starts its very clear and when the bass kicks in, then because of the bass the car doors vibrates.. in my previous kenwood speakers, even if i hit 40, the doors didnt vibrate.. yeah the whole speaker itself vibrates (tested without the boards) and those are mounted properly... 

so how can  i checked the actual issue with regards to point number 1) ? 

Have you got a pic of how the speakers are fixed?

I'm not entirely sure how to check the head unit wiring, probably you could test it using a voltmeter, you could do the same for the speaker wiring also. In addition, you could test the speaker wiring by running a new wire with adequate gauge

9 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Have you got a pic of how the speakers are fixed?

I'm not entirely sure how to check the head unit wiring, probably you could test it using a voltmeter, you could do the same for the speaker wiring also. In addition, you could test the speaker wiring by running a new wire with adequate gauge

Ah right, I will have this checked.. thanks for the info :) 

26 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Ah right, I will have this checked.. thanks for the info :) 

I just noticed that you are using aftermarket speakers, these require more power than factory fitted speakers.  You would get issues in your sound system if the speaker wires are not of adequate gauge also. Also, if your head unit is not providing enough to power to the speakers, it would be better to use a 4 channel amplifier rather than replacing the head unit.

1 minute ago, PreseaLover said:

Any idea where I can get the 7.5 size FUSE?

You can get them from parts shop

3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I just noticed that you are using aftermarket speakers, these require more power than factory fitted speakers.  You would get issues in your sound system if the speaker wires are not of adequate gauge also. Also, if your head unit is not providing enough to power to the speakers, it would be better to use a 4 channel amplifier rather than replacing the head unit.

You can get them from parts shop

Ah I forgot to mention that, when the songs skips and gets silenced in each second for songs with bass, the lights (reading lamps) in the car gets dimmed as well .. what does this say?

36 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Ah I forgot to mention that, when the songs skips and gets silenced in each second for songs with bass, the lights (reading lamps) in the car gets dimmed as well .. what does this say?

Must be something wrong with the unit or wiring. Does the reading lamps dim with the other head unit ?

Ok so my power antenna broke few days back and i bought a new reconditioned one.. that also broke few days back, so i took it to an electrician.. he said there is a problem in the circuit and a radio making electrician needs to check the circuit.. so took it to a radio fellow and he said since there are 3 wires, he needs the power circuit to test it.. then i told it to the electrician and he said that radio guy doesnt know and without fixing it to a power circuit you can  check whats wrong... so i need to find a proper radio maker to have my circuit fixed.. do you know anyone who can attend to this? anyone around darley road which i can give this circuit to?

22 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Ok so my power antenna broke few days back and i bought a new reconditioned one.. that also broke few days back, so i took it to an electrician.. he said there is a problem in the circuit and a radio making electrician needs to check the circuit.. so took it to a radio fellow and he said since there are 3 wires, he needs the power circuit to test it.. then i told it to the electrician and he said that radio guy doesnt know and without fixing it to a power circuit you can  check whats wrong... so i need to find a proper radio maker to have my circuit fixed.. do you know anyone who can attend to this? anyone around darley road which i can give this circuit to?

Not sure if this is a good option (maybe others can correct me if I'm wrong), but I once gave my stock radio and CD changer to Adv@nce C@r Audi0 in Dehiwala and they managed to repair it. They should be having experience with power antennas and all kinds of stereo repairs, so maybe call them up and see? 

2 minutes ago, Davy said:

Not sure if this is a good option (maybe others can correct me if I'm wrong), but I once gave my stock radio and CD changer to Adv@nce C@r Audi0 in Dehiwala and they managed to repair it. They should be having experience with power antennas and all kinds of stereo repairs, so maybe call them up and see? 

ahh right, i will check with them too, thanks davy :) 

On 12/23/2018 at 12:09 AM, PreseaLover said:

guys.. problem... i installed the speakers and everything... in the morning the pioneer player stopped working, as in not even the display came up... so the guy who did the speaker installations said that a fuse was blown, so he wrapped the fuse with a wire and the player started working again... he said this is temporary, so buy a 0.75 fuse and put it as they dont have that fuse... (i didnt install the new fuse yet).. even after this, for songs that has high bass, then song plays but skips every second and given a silence every second when it plays.. i switched off the bass and played those songs and the songs works fine.. for the songs that doesnt have a high bass, this issue is not there... what could be the issue here? also where can i find a 7.5 size fuse? and another thing is that, when you increase the volume to around 30, the speakers gives a vibration.. so the guy put another pioneer player and tested and the speakers didnt vibrate like it did.. so he said the setup I have doesn't control the audio well... this is a genuine pioneer double din setup i bought.. can anyone advise on this?

Sound test vid if you please,.. Sound difference will be between models and their comfig + jap jdm v s malasian.

Edited by Twin Turbo

Ok guys so i took the car to Pet#o lanka (kolpetty branch).. they removed the setup, did all the relevant checks installed a new unit also and checked and even for the new unit, the songs skips and plays for high bass... if you use the balance button and send the output to one speaker and play, then it plays without skipping beats - it only breaks when the balance is set to CENTER... if you give the output to a single speaker out of the 4, then it works fine... so this cant be because  of a faulty alternator or anything right? ... so after 1.5 hours of checking they said, bring the car on  another day and they will check the complete wiring and if its not ok, then will redo the wiring.. 

13 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Ok guys so i took the car to Pet#o lanka (kolpetty branch).. they removed the setup, did all the relevant checks installed a new unit also and checked and even for the new unit, the songs skips and plays for high bass... if you use the balance button and send the output to one speaker and play, then it plays without skipping beats - it only breaks when the balance is set to CENTER... if you give the output to a single speaker out of the 4, then it works fine... so this cant be because  of a faulty alternator or anything right? ... so after 1.5 hours of checking they said, bring the car on  another day and they will check the complete wiring and if its not ok, then will redo the wiring.. 

I'd first check if the receiver has a proper ground connection and if the wiring is okay before attempting to mess with the charging system. Having said that, if you doubt that the alternator is faulty, get a charging system tested.

Do you have an external amplifier? Are the speakers aftermarket?

7 minutes ago, Davy said:

I'd first check if the receiver has a proper ground connection and if the wiring is okay before attempting to mess with the charging system. Having said that, if you doubt that the alternator is faulty, get a charging system tested.

Do you have an external amplifier? Are the speakers aftermarket?

alternator is not faulty.. i did a complete  checkup with ravi.. yeah speakers are genuine jbl and infinity.. the ground connectiong/ earth is in order though.. 

ok so finally i went to a place in pannipitiya.. solid guy...  i told him about the setup issue and the moment he got into the car he only took around 10 seconds to tell me that the issue is not in the setup but in the charging system of the car.. the problem doesnt occur when the car is in start but when in ignition mode.. he fixed the vibration issue for just 300 bucks  just by configuring the pioneer setup.. the + and - of the speakers also has been setup wrong... anyway now its confirmed that the fault is in my charging system cuz the battery shop dudes also said the proper current doesnt come to the battery from the alternator.. now trying to find a proper electrician to fix this.. probably il try lucky in mabole... anyway for all those who are hoping to fix setups or related issues, better than going to these popular joints that doesnt know shit, go to this guy, he is a properly knowlegeable dude (i was also told to go here by a friend of mine).. his audio shop is infront of pannipitiya cargills... 

Edited by PreseaLover
  • Like 1