• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

Ok Update on parts purchasing for cheap... Took a Risk and ordered a center panel from Russia for the first time for Rs. 2000 with shipping, cuz couldnt find the exact teak panel from yahoo auctions as 1 of my vents in the teak panel is broken.. Let's see if this works.. they got stuff for cheap.. anyone has ordered before from Drom.ru before? for those who are looking for rare car parts, this site has got few in case you guys want to take a risk and purchase. 

Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Boys, the power antenna is broken and doesn't work... Recently I installed a used double din audio player (The guy who owned it said he bought this from amazon).. However the FM range is starting from 87 and going upto 108, BUT, none of the channels are getting captured. When I try to set a channel, say 91.4, it skips that channel and lands on somewhere like 91.7 etc but gives the kuru kuru noise still and that Chanel doesn't get played.. Is this due to the broken power antenna? (The antenna doesn't go up at all). 

37 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Boys, the power antenna is broken and doesn't work... Recently I installed a used double din audio player (The guy who owned it said he bought this from amazon).. However the FM range is starting from 87 and going upto 108, BUT, none of the channels are getting captured. When I try to set a channel, say 91.4, it skips that channel and lands on somewhere like 91.7 etc but gives the kuru kuru noise still and that Chanel doesn't get played.. Is this due to the broken power antenna? (The antenna doesn't go up at all). 

Try manual tune and see if that gets the channel (even with a bit of static) at the right frequency? It's probably because of a weak signal due to the antenna not extending. 

Even when the antenna is not working, ie: doesn't go up with power, if the booster part is working it should pick one or two stations at least depending on the reception of the area you are in. I once had my power antenna motor blown, but the channels were working with some static.

6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Go to Darly road,  easily replaced by the road-side mechs.  ??

What is going to be replaced?

12 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

If its manufactured for US market tuner will usually skip two decimals.

It sorts of skipping 2 decimals and landing on a wrong frequency when the auto channeling is set. 

13 hours ago, NRX said:

Even when the antenna is not working, ie: doesn't go up with power, if the booster part is working it should pick one or two stations at least depending on the reception of the area you are in. I once had my power antenna motor blown, but the channels were working with some static.

the motor and the inner parts of the n16 antenna and presea antenna is the same.. in my previous presea i bought an n16 antenna, removed and heart of it and implanted on my broken presea antenna and worked fine. Let me know if you know any places to get the n16 one? the presea one costs 10k currently cuz its no where to be found.

16 hours ago, Davy said:

Try manual tune and see if that gets the channel (even with a bit of static) at the right frequency? It's probably because of a weak signal due to the antenna not extending. 

when i tried manual tuning i remember the unit skips 2 decimals still and landed on a different frequency. any idea why?

16 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

If you cannot play any of the channels check first if the antenna wire is connected at the back. 

how come those cars like fb14 doesn't have an antenna at all and the radio units works fine? 

50 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

What is going to be replaced?

It sorts of skipping 2 decimals and landing on a wrong frequency when the auto channeling is set. 

the motor and the inner parts of the n16 antenna and presea antenna is the same.. in my previous presea i bought an n16 antenna, removed and heart of it and implanted on my broken presea antenna and worked fine. Let me know if you know any places to get the n16 one? the presea one costs 10k currently cuz its no where to be found.

when i tried manual tuning i remember the unit skips 2 decimals still and landed on a different frequency. any idea why?

how come those cars like fb14 doesn't have an antenna at all and the radio units works fine? 

Replacement power antennas are awailable,.. just un bolt and plug in,..

On 11/22/2018 at 9:19 AM, PreseaLover said:

I guess you are talking about the FB15. The antenna is etched to the rear windscreen, much like the heater lines. Next time when you go past an FB15, look closer :D

Need some advice on two things.

1. When installing new shocks, is it recommended to just have it installed through your normal mechanic or is there a certain process that needs to be followed when installing shocks and only certain professional places I should take the car to in order to do this?

2. What are the good 3M places, that I can take the car to, in the stretch of Welisara, Wattala, Peliyagoda, Kelaniya, Maradana, Ja-ela etc?  Need to get a 3M sunshade to the windscreen.. And then thought of using the lightest blue tint (Not 3M), and drive and see for a while if I like it, and if so, I'd go with the 3M light blue tint.. until then just only having the 3M sunshade in the windscreen. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Why didn't Nissan Make BLACK Presea's at all? I mean there is no black Presea's even in the internet, and even in Sri Lanka I have only seen 5  Black Presea's for my entire life.. WHY?

To avoid confusing the regular Presea with the Black Star version maybe? Just guessing