• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

3 minutes ago, NRX said:

Are they using Japanese parts ? What are the parts being replaced ? That's if they have told you that ?

yeah yeah.. i saw all the worn out parts.. they showed me... currently the problem is in the D... but the reverse and other gear parts are also worn out so replacing everything.. yes the new rubbers and wheels they are replacing are from Japan.. they showed the replacing parts..

9 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

yeah yeah.. i saw all the worn out parts.. they showed me... currently the problem is in the D... but the reverse and other gear parts are also worn out so replacing everything.. yes the new rubbers and wheels they are replacing are from Japan.. they showed the replacing parts..

Thank You PL. I will soon go through the same process ?  Did you have to take an Appointment ?

3 minutes ago, NRX said:

Thank You PL. I will soon go through the same process ?  Did you have to take an Appointment ?

oh really? yeah the guy there told me, the fb14, 15's, presea's and N16's had that common issue and most of the cars there are these nissans..once you reach 150k in the odo the gearbox overhaul is a normal thing for these models... yeah kind of, he will ask you when you can bring the car if your given date is not occupied for him.. .. keep 2 days off and get it done.. i wanted to get it done in march, april, and then again i didnt wanna to spend loads for the car in the new year.. so thought of finishing it off and getting it over with this year itself.. 

Edited by PreseaLover

On 12/28/2017 at 1:52 PM, PreseaLover said:

Nilwala Motors Madiwela... yes, 30k... it will be done within the day, but they are giving the car tomorrow morning as they have to test it in cold start after the overhaul.. 

They did mine too, they are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.. need your expertise... 2 weeks back when I did the gearbox overhaul, I also replaced the gearbox mount (the mount which is located under the engine area - not the one in the top area, so i think its the gearbox mount)... I replaced it because those guys showed the mount to me and said its time to replace because its slightly cracked.. so i replaced it with a duplicate mount (not the genuine).. Ever since the overhaul, I find that the car is vibrating at idle when I keep the car at parking position (whether the A/C is on or not this slight vibration is there). and when i put to D, also i feel that vibration and when i speed up its not there... its not a huge vibration per say, but what I'm saying is, I didn't feel this slight vibration before the gear box job... I popped up the hood to see if the engine shakes or vibrates, but the engine is very stable and no shaking whatsoever... I feel the vibration running through my arms and legs... im a little bit worried because the car never vibrated at idle before even slightly.. so what could be the cause for this? 

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

Hi Guys.. need your expertise... 2 weeks back when I did the gearbox overhaul, I also replaced the gearbox mount (the mount which is located under the engine area - not the one in the top area, so i think its the gearbox mount)... I replaced it because those guys showed the mount to me and said its time to replace because its slightly cracked.. so i replaced it with a duplicate mount (not the genuine).. Ever since the overhaul, I find that the car is vibrating at idle when I keep the car at parking position (whether the A/C is on or not this slight vibration is there). and when i put to D, also i feel that vibration and when i speed up its not there... its not a huge vibration per say, but what I'm saying is, I didn't feel this slight vibration before the gear box job... I popped up the hood to see if the engine shakes or vibrates, but the engine is very stable and no shaking whatsoever... I feel the vibration running through my arms and legs... im a little bit worried because the car never vibrated at idle before even slightly.. so what could be the cause for this? 

The cause is most likely the gearbox mount. For things like mounts if you go with non genuine parts, there's always the likelihood of them not performing the same way as the originals. For what it's worth check that the mount is correctly installed anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

The cause is most likely the gearbox mount. For things like mounts if you go with non genuine parts, there's always the likelihood of them not performing the same way as the originals. For what it's worth check that the mount is correctly installed anyway. 

Yeah, invain i threw the old mount away... I'll recheck the installation again and if that's well, I shall buy a reconditioned genuine mount and use it.. 

Yeah, invain i threw the old mount away... I'll recheck the installation again and if that's well, I shall buy a reconditioned genuine mount and use it.. 
I guess you replaced with Thai rubber mounts? The rubber on those are harder than the genuine mounts, that's why you feel a bit of vibrations.
Don't replace with a recon mounts, you never know the condition of the mount or how long it has been used. Get genuine brand new mounts. I think you should be able to get genuine mounts for about 8-10k. Worth it if you plan to keep your car.

2 hours ago, The Stig said:

I guess you replaced with Thai rubber mounts? The rubber on those are harder than the genuine mounts, that's why you feel a bit of vibrations.
Don't replace with a recon mounts, you never know the condition of the mount or how long it has been used. Get genuine brand new mounts. I think you should be able to get genuine mounts for about 8-10k. Worth it if you plan to keep your car.

Ahhh ****.... yeah The genuine mount is 12k

Edited by Davy
Swear words removed

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

3 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Ahhh ****.... yeah The genuine mount is 12k

To second what The Stig said, with rubber parts buying used is never a good idea because it's not just mileage that degrades them, age and climate does too. 

So I found out that, after the gearbox job, there is an amount of gearbox oil leaking under the gearbox... It was light red in colour so im sure its the gearbox oil and not the engine oil... I took the car back to nilwala motors and they said, no there is no leakage and it is the engine oil that is leaking, but Im sure its from the gearbox cuz it was coming from the packing of the gearbox and it is light red in colour... So they told me to wash the engine since there were oil leaking previously and the stains were all over, and check for another week and bring back the car to them if still the oil is leaking... Im guessing, they haven't done a good job after all :/

Possibility 1: You have a dead body in your car

Possibility 2: You don't know how to check gearbox oil leaks

Possibility 3: Chandana had a bad day

I am only going to talk about possibility 2.

Did you check gearbox oil with the car engine switched on or off? ATF leaks should be checked with the engine on and preferably the gear shifted to D. 

checked with the car engine off.... every morning there is red oil below the gearbox.. when i put the car to the jack and went under, therewere oil dripping from the packing

If the leak is through the sump packing it is not a big deal. I hope the packing was replaced with a new one during the overhaul. However, before replacing with a new  packing the sump must be checked for warping and dents particularly at the mounting holes. Once they are corrected there is no reason for fluid to leak through the sump packing. However, the leak can be from other places like connection to the oil cooler. This must be checked with the engine running as Crosswind explained above. But take care if you decide to go under the car with the engine running and gear in D!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

But take care if you decide to go under the car with the engine running and gear in D!

:lol::lol: that'll be the end of weird status updates like ' my shoelace got tangled in the engine cooling fan' , ' i accidentally dropped a potato in the wiper fluid resevoir' etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 4 months later...

Guys, everyday in the morning after driving 400m, my car stops automatically at the SAME SPOT it stops everyday (its like an extra terrestrial activity) along with the battery and the alternator check lights coming up... I checked the battery today and the guy said there is nothing wrong int he battery level.. do you think the alternator is at fault? what i dont understand is how does it stop at the very spot everyday and not in a different spot? and only it stops once per day at this spot... 

13 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Guys, everyday in the morning after driving 400m, my car stops automatically at the SAME SPOT it stops everyday (its like an extra terrestrial activity) along with the battery and the alternator check lights coming up... I checked the battery today and the guy said there is nothing wrong int he battery level.. do you think the alternator is at fault? what i dont understand is how does it stop at the very spot everyday and not in a different spot? and only it stops once per day at this spot... 

drive in a different direction

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Hmm,    just from the arkives of the X - fILES.?

• Haha 1

Is there a speed bump or pothole just before the spot? If yes, it might be that a loose connector is getting disconnected momentarily and cutting power?

Also, I think Crosswind's suggestion to drive in a different direction is a pretty valid test. You should do it to determine if the car stops at roughly 400m as you say. 

In any case, it's got to be related to distance, time or the location IMO. Driving in a different direction will tell you if it's related to distance. Starting up the car and leaving it idle for a few minutes before driving away (with AC on and maybe racing the engine a couple of times after it has heated up) will tell you if it's something that happens after a certain period of time - my guess is that it's related to time. If not, it's the location - maybe that ghost in your bedroom is taking a ride with you and cutting the engine off so that it can stop and grab a bite to eat and head back home. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Davy said:

Is there a speed bump or pothole just before the spot? If yes, it might be that a loose connector is getting disconnected momentarily and cutting power?

Also, I think Crosswind's suggestion to drive in a different direction is a pretty valid test. You should do it to determine if the car stops at roughly 400m as you say. 

In any case, it's got to be related to distance, time or the location IMO. Driving in a different direction will tell you if it's related to distance. Starting up the car and leaving it idle for a few minutes before driving away (with AC on and maybe racing the engine a couple of times after it has heated up) will tell you if it's something that happens after a certain period of time - my guess is that it's related to time. If not, it's the location - maybe that ghost in your bedroom is taking a ride with you and cutting the engine off so that it can stop and grab a bite to eat and head back home. ?

There is a bend.. also few times, like driving for 400m after work also the engine stopped.. sometimes not in bends and sometimes in direct roads... however the car only stops once per one way ride, so twice per day thats it.. so can thelose connecter be associated with the alternator or battery? or any other component?

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

There is a bend.. also few times, like driving for 400m after work also the engine stopped.. sometimes not in bends and sometimes in direct roads... however the car only stops once per one way ride, so twice per day thats it.. so can thelose connecter be associated with the alternator or battery? or any other component?

So it's not the same spot... You made it sound a bit dramatic you know. ?

Get your fuel pump and filter checked out. Make sure there are no leaks in vacuum hoses. 

Does the check engine light come up just before the car stalls? The best way to diagnose the issue would be to plug in a diagnostic scanner and try to reproduce the issue.