• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Of A Steering Rack

rangerover

Let me guess... is it an EPS..? why does it need replacing..?

Yes it is an eps, i was told by the garage that the rack ends have to be replaced. They showed me how they were broken. Now their recommended option was to build one using some material (white hard plastic thing). They said it will be as good as new. But would it be permenant ?(i dont get that noise when i ride over bumps at the moment). Wouldnt it be better to replace the rack?

Yes it is an eps, i was told by the garage that the rack ends have to be replaced. They showed me how they were broken. Now their recommended option was to build one using some material (white hard plastic thing). They said it will be as good as new. But would it be permenant ?(i dont get that noise when i ride over bumps at the moment). Wouldnt it be better to replace the rack?

Rack ends, to my knowledge can be replaced.. what u need to worry about is the nylon bush in the center mechanism, which wears out. It's the same case in the Nissan K11, which is a pain in the ars*..

Get a second opinion mate.. the 121 rack will cost a lot, I reckon.

Rack ends, to my knowledge can be replaced.. what u need to worry about is the nylon bush in the center mechanism, which wears out. It's the same case in the Nissan K11, which is a pain in the ars*..

Get a second opinion mate.. the 121 rack will cost a lot, I reckon.

Ya it is the nylon bush ends.. i went to matara garage in nugegoda and they said no need to replace the entire rack and they buit nylon bushes and replaced them. I dont get that rattling noise now. But when i hit a bigger pot hole i do hear it. Was wondering if this means that this temporary solution wouldnt last long and i will eventually have to replace the rack?

This link has the same job that was performed on my car

http://www.dafmobile.ournet.org.uk/index.php/page/16.html

Yup... this is the same thing I did on the K11... fabricating the bush is a 15mnt job... but removing and fixing the rack takes a good couple of hours...

Depending on the quality of nylon used, the bush will last longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...