• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Water Repellent

mistaken_ID

Question

Does anyone knows the best water repellent available in sri lanka? and where can i buy it??

i cant see anything clearly on my side mirrors, rear glass during the rain. :ninja:

Btw what would be the best wiper brand i can go for?? i driving a sunny FB 14.

dunno if it's the best but rainX can be bought from motor kade...

again dunno if it's the best but i've been using wurth wiper blades for a few years now with no complaints :)

can i knw where this motor kade is? :rolleyes: how much that rain X cost u?

tanx alot

actually i'm using a similar product called "RainKick" that i bought when i was in KL recently...

not too sure of pricing but i bet it's not too pricey

from my experience so far...the product is great for medium to heavy downpours bit not in light drizzles cos those tiny droplets don't get slid off like the large ones... especially on the rear glass and in your mirrors cos the wind is not with you slide them off...

Exactly here http://wikimapia.org/#lat=6.9189182&lo...amp;l=0&m=b

And rainx costs abt Rs800.

Rainx is really works for me, but if you put windscreen washer additives that removes wax, rainx cote will wipe off.

i'm using wurth concentrated windscreen washer fluid and so far it seems to work...

i'm using wurth concentrated windscreen washer fluid and so far it seems to work...

where'd you get it from mate? and how much? I'm looking for a good windscreen washer as well.. :unsure:

Laugfs has it..

Thanks mate.

yeah even many somewhat decent service station too carry them... cant recall the price machang but comparatively it's a bit pricey...especially since it's a tiny little bottle! :P

lol okay will check it out. Thanks :)

Why not get rain x, it's on sale in a certain deal site. I'm pretty happy with the results.

is it true it only stays like 2 weeks, i mean the effect on rainx for the windscreen?

Edited by fiatLife

is it true it only stays like 2 weeks, i mean the effect on rainx for the windscreen?

Last time I used it, the effects lasted more than two months. You have to apply it properly and when it starts to wear off, you need to either re-apply or remove it completely to prevent streaking when wipers are turned on. At least I had to in my case.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fiatLife" data-cid="290892" data-time="1459787031"><p> <br />

is it true it only stays like 2 weeks, i mean the effect on rainx for the windscreen?</p></blockquote>

<br />

I applied some 2 months ago, it still seems to work. Only thing is make sure you don't use any windscreen washing liquid. I applied it to the windscreen, front windows, rear windscreen and side mirrors and I still have half a bottle left. <br />

<br />

To be honest though the effects on the windscreen are mostly felt at highway speeds, at low speeds it stops the smudgy blurry shaped droplet formation but the droplets don't slide down. It is however superb for the side mirrors and front windows, visibility on rainy days improve a lot.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

I have been using Wu*th wiper washer liquid for sometime now and tried out Ra*nx along with it last evening. Ra*nx was working fine for a while, but after a while my wipers began to hop like crazy. Anyone experiencing the same?

Rain-x is known to cause some wipers (or wiper+windscreen combo's) to skip. Maybe the wurth/rain-x combo is causing the rain-x coating to apply thick and this reduces the friction on the blade, making it hop and skip. You can take off rain-x with a glass cleaner and try not mixing the two or just try the rain-x (or any other brand) glass treatment (wipe-on) and not the washer fluid.

Rain-x is known to cause some wipers (or wiper+windscreen combo's) to skip.

I see. Thanks for the update vishkid. Last time I filled the wiper washer fluid with plain water and problem seemed to have gone away. But washer liquid is useful when forced to run the wipers without rain :) Shame they seem to clash.

I see. Thanks for the update vishkid. Last time I filled the wiper washer fluid with plain water and problem seemed to have gone away. But washer liquid is useful when forced to run the wipers without rain :) Shame they seem to clash.

This is normal, the coating kind of has a rubbery feel even when you touch it.