• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Bha3p Timing Belt Or Chain

serialkiller

Hi Guys ,

Mazda BHA3P YOM 1997 got Timing belt or chain?

if it's a Belt , Are there any good place to change this along with other tuneup for above model.( diagnostic Test )

cheers!

Im my opinion only the newer Mazda's manufactured after 2004 came with timing chains. Like the Mazda 3 and 6 and the previous ones with belts. (now this is only an opinion) extended research could either prove me wrong or right. (I know this because i was considering getting a 6 sometime back)

If your car was manufactured in 1997 and the timing belt hasn't been changed yet, I believe you should do so when you can. The manufacturers usually recommend the belt to be changed at 100,000 Miles which is approx 160,000kms. I changed all belts and the water pump when i changed the t-belt of my eclipse. It is advisable to change the waterpump along with the t-belt. (if the timing belt snaps by any chance its gonna screw your valves and do damage to your engine).

Other member might know a good place to get it done or else the usual garage you take to should be able to take care of it. But the usual Yaka-Bass would not know this as it involves some knowledge with regards to re-setting Timing etc.

Hope I was of any help. :)

You have a riming belt and as mentioned by another member – do not hesitate – replace it if it’s due . I changed mine in 100,000km don’t too sure if it’s miles but strongly sugest you change it in every 90K – reason is even is we do not run the 100k, e.g in a traffic our engine runs right ? which means the belt is moving – belt snapping can fix you up for a good amount.

NO – not all maccas can fix it- seems simple enough – but there is a lot you have to check- advertising is not recommended hence drop me a PM.

Also try not to cut corners – replace with originals, and all components such as belt & U should have 3 razors – should be apx Rs. 15-18,000/- but worth the amount.

• 1 year later...

Can u give me some idea about this model?

Is that a reliable car?

Maintenance, finding spares, fuel consumption & market value etc...

mate,

you are replying for my older post.:)

I am using this model nearly 17 months now and I am very happy with this car.

it does about 9-10 in colombo.

if you need more info drop a PM.