• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb14 Headlights Are On Even The Its Switched Off.

mistaken_ID

Question

my headlights are on even if the switch is off. this happens only for the headlights and not for the rear lights. so when this happens i have to remove the healight holder and keep it for a while... :action-smiley-060: and then it becomes back to normal. additionally i have fixed a headlight relay kit. can somebody tell me whether something is wrong with my relay kit or the headlight switch..

11 answers to this question

my headlights are on even if the switch is off. this happens only for the headlights and not for the rear lights. so when this happens i have to remove the healight holder and keep it for a while... :action-smiley-060: and then it becomes back to normal. additionally i have fixed a headlight relay kit. can somebody tell me whether something is wrong with my relay kit or the headlight switch..

if it gets back to "normal" after a while my guess is there might be a short circuit somewhere in the wiring...

you can check the switch somewhat easily with either a multimeter or a 12v bulb...

maybe when you installed the relays it was not done properly

this might help :)

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

try remove the added relay kit first. you better go to a good auto electrician to this.

try remove the added relay kit first. you better go to a good auto electrician to this.

Hi guys... I would just like to advice u on your headlight relay prob :)... Just check the connections... On a relay you will find 4-5 pins... There will be a '30' which is direct voltage from the battery. '85' is coming from the switch+ fuse+ voltage... '86' is being grounded. '87' goes straight to the component which is your headlight etc...

Check those and see if there are any irregularities...

It is definitely a short connection in the relay area...

cheers...

Hi guys... I would just like to advice u on your headlight relay prob :)... Just check the connections... On a relay you will find 4-5 pins... There will be a '30' which is direct voltage from the battery. '85' is coming from the switch+ fuse+ voltage... '86' is being grounded. '87' goes straight to the component which is your headlight etc...

Check those and see if there are any irregularities...

It is definitely a short connection in the relay area...

cheers...

OT

impressive profile page you got there mate...good to have you onboard :D

btw...i too am from wattala :)

Only headlights are on without dashboard lights and rear lights mean the system is a short circuit on the headlight Flash mode.

That could be a result of a faulty headlight switch,Relay or wiring in between or a combination.

This could be diagnosed very easily.Visit a qualified electrician.

MINIACE

The additional headlight relay itself might be a little sticky, which is why they stay lit regardless of if you switch the lights off or not. The relay pulls power from a separate circuit to supply to the headlights, so the only function of the lights switch would be to activate the relay, which in this case stays stuck activated even if it isn't energized.

The additional headlight relay itself might be a little sticky, which is why they stay lit regardless of if you switch the lights off or not. The relay pulls power from a separate circuit to supply to the headlights, so the only function of the lights switch would be to activate the relay, which in this case stays stuck activated even if it isn't energized.

machan any solution for this??? do i have to change the relay kit or the headlight switch??

I agree with terrebytetango... The relay has to be definitely stuck... There is a way of checking a relay and its really simple:)...

*Disconnect the relay from its connector...

*Get two service wires and connect it to terminals 85 and 86... Then take these wires and give positive voltage supply to either one of these wires, and ground the other... You will hear a clicking sound from the contacts... Then use a multimeter and check for continuity between terminals 30 and 87... If there is continuity the relay is good... If not, then you gotta change it...

And thanks ripper for your comment :). Im from Alwis town... I have been checking out all of you'll s discussions and topics which i found quite interesting on autolanka for the past couple of years. And then i finally decided on registering... :)...

No Int in a 96 FB14?? It's easy enough to rectify, all you need is a variable timer circuit attached the to Lo speed setting of your wipers, and the potentiometer mounted in a convenient place, like the blanking plate for an used switch. This is the system most new vehicles use these days, with variable intermittent settings and often the Lo speed omitted altogether.