• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 206

chams_mini

Hi guys,

What do you think of the Peugeot 206 model.. Is this a reliable car?

What about the spares and maintainance cost? Also fuel consumption and second hand market?

I saw few vehicles ranging from 1.25 M to 1.55 M...

I'm expecting to use it for about 2-3 years...

Appreciate your comments...

Cheers...

Hi guys,

What do you think of the Peugeot 206 model.. Is this a reliable car?

What about the spares and maintainance cost? Also fuel consumption and second hand market?

I saw few vehicles ranging from 1.25 M to 1.55 M...

I'm expecting to use it for about 2-3 years...

Appreciate your comments...

Cheers...

206 falls into the sports hatch category, so don't expect the same comfort as to other peugeots. Maintenance is not that expensive but generally above japanese. Second hand market is not that great but not as bad as 605 and such unpopular peugeots. Fuel consumption is about 10-12 in city according to my mechanic. But stay away from autos.

i'm sure this is not an inheritence problem for 206 as it never heard in that sense. This inheritence clutch and starter motor problem was there in 405.

Any problems related to AUTO/ TRIPTONIC gear boxes . Also in 306 ?

Any problems related to AUTO/ TRIPTONIC gear boxes . Also in 306 ?

stay away from any peugeot with AL4 gear box. Generally automatic version of 406 D9 and 307 models came with this gearbox. Peugeot rectified this issue in 407. Had we backed by a better dealer all these manufacturer defects would've repaired free of charge, at least that's what happens in uk as per one of peugeot base uk forum.

On 306, try to find an efi /face lifted model than settling for carb model.

Hi All,

Back here after a long time, The peugeot 206 a veryvery popular and stylish car in the uk market. There are many different engines, the diesel 1.4 and 1.6 turbo's are at a premium here as they do well over 50mpg (around 95 KM to a 4.5 l gallon) using common rail diesels. The maintainance is cheap needing servicing only once every 12500 miles and a fuel filter chnge once every 3 rd service without using extremely expensive long life oil

The petrol engine ones are also very efficient using multi point injection.

They are very resilient to corrosion and has decent handling and equipment levels like air con- electric windows remote locking etc.

The technology in european cars nowadays are way ahead of most Jap cars so maintainance in SL may be very hit and miss.

If you find a well looked after example you will be thrilled with the comfort levels and handling as well as the power outputs from relatively small engines.

If you are bold go for it-in the Uk it is way ahead of the Toyota's, Nisans, Mazda's and the Honda's-Mitsubishi sells very few small crs here.

Maithri

Hi

Stay away from the Diesels. Only a few around so that's easy. We had one and it was a load of trouble. They apparently have design flaw in the way the belt runs. It's a long long belt and it twists and turns throughout the engine. It keeps on snapping. Oh and our engine went bust after around 25k miles if I recall right.

I hear now the agents have done modifications to this and it does not snap anymore. However I am not 100% certain about this.

That said. It's a nice car to drive. Very Good handling and very decent ride that will shame Japanese cars of that size. The driving position is awkward. The styling still looks great to me.

Ours was a 1.9D (without a Turbo) so it had only 60bhp, but that was ok because it had decent torque. The petrol ones have 75bhp I think so that should be plenty..... Plus I have not heard any reliability problems with the petrol cars except for the already mentioned auto boxes.