• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xenon Light

Hungry_Minder

Question

Hi,

Last weekend I have fixed xenon headlights of my mitsubishi cb2a.

I had a halogen head lights (60W) and wanted to fix xenon lights.

so then I have fixed 90W xenon lights.

But now when I am driving in the night I am feeling that its not good like

halogen one.I mean I am not satisfied with the light it has.

Thats not enough and again i have gone to the place where I bought it

and told them.Then they have adjested it and said now ok.

But unfortunalty still same.I cant see the road clearly even.

You guys have an experiecne with this.what could be the reason?

I am not sure and I am hoping to go for previous halegon lights <_<

and through away this xenon lights :unsure:

Pls comment your suggessions

Thanks

Edited by Hungry_Minder

Yeah got it down from D*MO.... it gives u a decent white colour with a slight yellow... i pluged a Relay kit to make it more brighter.

and its really worth for my 2500!!!

Yeah. Its really worth for me also. When we comparing Super White 100/90 bulb and Osram normal 60/55 bulb, Osram one gives you a cool white color and more brightness.

Maybe they produce 100/90W light output not the heat. just like our household CFL bulbs. :unsure: and Glass lamp housings are more capable of handling high heat than their plastic counterpart.

nah mate..the wattage 100/90 is the power that bulb consumes while it's operating and has got nothing to do with lighting output which is normally measured in lumens or candle power

this is why some higher wattage bulbs from cheaper brand eat the same current but lights up poorly while some other brands light up bloody brilliantly...

hundred watts of power in a 12v system means according to old formula

P=VI

100w-12v x I

I=8.3amps

it's this 8.3amps of current that will burn out wires etc and will deplete your batteries faster if the whole system is loaded up fully...

what CFL guys are saying is the lighting power (aka lumens or candle power) outputted by a low "wattage/power consuming" CFL is greater than the typical incandescent bulb eating up same amount of power..

and on plastic/vs glass... yep...when i got my higher powered race lights for the bike...the lens was glass as opposed tot he stock piece-of-poop that was plastic :)

having said that, some of high powered rally racing lights have plastic lenses...possibly made out of stronger plastics

Edited by Ripper