• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficiency

Watchman

Question

Hey!

There’s been a couple of posts asking members how efficient various vehicles are on fuel. And with the prices going up by Rs.8/= and with news in the air that it will go up again by another Rs.3/= soon, its getting even more important…

So what do you say we post the following details

Vehicle :

Transmission Type :

Engine Capacity :

Fuel :

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :

• Like 1

Vehicle : Honda Civic EK3

Transmission Type : Manual

Engine Capacity : 1500 cc

YOM : 1998

Fuel : Petrol

Km per Ltr : City 8-9 Km

Vehicle : Toyota Allion NZT240

Transmission Type : Auto

Engine Capacity : 1500 cc

YOM : 2005

Fuel : Petrol

Km per Ltr : City 10 Km Outstation 12-14 Km

Hi All

I am using the above Jap 1.3 Car from two weeks. I have done a full service including changing Gear Oil at Pit Stop and a Normal Tune up too. Did not change Plugs or anything just Trottle Body cleaning with WURTH Spray at A*W. Yet My cay does 8.12 Km/L in city with Driving on or Under 2000 RPM. This worries me alot as when i bought this the owner said it does 10 In City easily. Mine is NON CVT and A*W Engineers said it should do 10 for sure. Please Advice me as to what should i do to get atleast 9.5 - 10. Many Thanks.

Hi my prius did 26kmpl from Kandy to Colombo last week, probably because the travel was on the downhill and i was driving at moderate speed.

Manual calculations shows the best full-2-empty tank fuel economy of 19.04kmpl (best) and 16.72kmpl (worst) on Euro3 + A/C, mixed city, highway and long distance driving.

Also I noticed about 5-10% error in the usage indicated in the display, 19.04kmpl calculated was indicated as 17.9kmpl on meter and 16.72kmpl was indicated as 15.9kmpl.

Hi All

I am using the above Jap 1.3 Car from two weeks. I have done a full service including changing Gear Oil at Pit Stop and a Normal Tune up too. Did not change Plugs or anything just Trottle Body cleaning with WURTH Spray at A*W. Yet My cay does 8.12 Km/L in city with Driving on or Under 2000 RPM. This worries me alot as when i bought this the owner said it does 10 In City easily. Mine is NON CVT and A*W Engineers said it should do 10 for sure. Please Advice me as to what should i do to get atleast 9.5 - 10. Many Thanks.

Adjust your driving style! Also it very much depends on driving conditions like heavy traffic, hilly roads, wide flat roads with no traffic etc.

Adjust your driving style! Also it very much depends on driving conditions like heavy traffic, hilly roads, wide flat roads with no traffic etc.

I do drive carefully and sometimes going back home there is a little bit of traffic.

But wont this Car does atleast 9 in City. Thats all i am expecting.

Watch this video i just recorded. 2013 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4 speed auto average mpg increased from 19.39(45.6mpg) to 22.02kmpl (51.8mpg). Here's what i did. Pump fuel, reset average fuel and straight away drove on highway only about 7 minutes. It reached 22.02kmpl(51.8mpg). No cruise control, purely driving on my own and not putting to neutral for any kind of trick. It could have increased if i drove more on highway and if i had a tripod or something to hold my phone in place so that i can concentrate more on driving.

But a fact practically you cannot maintain this kind of fuel efficiency. I normally use this car for office travel and it does around 12.75kmpl (30mpg) in moderate traffic. But in Colombo traffic there is absolutely no way you can get 12.75kmpl (30mpg) on a 141. I'd rather go by bus.. :speechless-smiley-004:

(Updated the video link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZHTp6ti-pg

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

I do drive carefully and sometimes going back home there is a little bit of traffic.

But wont this Car does atleast 9 in City. Thats all i am expecting.

If there are no issues with the engine or gearbox then than the mileage is what you get.

For example when I got my car the MPG was stated as 44MPG. But under my ownership and after I removed the swirlflaps, it has now dropped to 40.9 MPG.

The point I'm trying to make is these statements that people make about fuel efficiency are mostly fallacy. Just a bunch of lies and dreams that they have in their sleep. Real world fuel efficiency is a lot different, and people rarely come close to stated fuel efficiency figures and for that matter whats reported by their cars themselves.

Obviously your car needs to be in optimum running order for you to get anywhere close to stated figures. Your tyres must be inflated to the right figure, the spark plugs in good condition, all filters in good condition, and the throttle body clean. If automatic the ATF system must be in good condition and the fluid as well.

After the above only three things affect fuel efficiency

1. Driving style - Here keeping the revs low is not the only issue. The car needs to be in the right gear as well. Easier on a manual.

2. Traffic condition / Road condition

3. Load as in what you are carrying in the vehicle

Hey Don

Thank You for the Details and Clear ;)

I shall Live with it ... Did a Tune up , Sparks plugs are Iradium and A*W said can use for 80k in Milage and no need to change.

ATF changed at Pitstop. All Filters Changed , Tyre Pressure 28 all times... So I guess i am Done ;)

Though long distance it clocks 13.5 in Highway...

Cheers!

Vehicle : Toyota Starlet EP91
Transmission Type : Manual
Engine Capacity : 1330 cc
Fuel : Gasoline
Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :
10 - 12 City / 19 + long distance

I got 19 + figure when I was gong to Kandy kind of rough driving. Generally this figure is more or less similar to any long distance drive.

Hey there,

I would like to go with Mitsubishi vehicle fuel economy survey. It will be helpful for all Sri Lankans who are going to buy Mitsubishi vehicles.

Please use the below format

Your Mitsubishi vehicle

Model:
Manufactured year:
Engine Capacity :
Fuel type :
Transmission Type :
Economy : (kmpl) City-limit
(kmpl) Out-station

Edited by dasunh

The 4d56 should do more bro...try doing a injector and air filter clean-up/replacement.

For reference my under-compressed 4d56(Turbo) Strada does about 2 KMPL more than yours on both figures.

Thanks Don. Actually this is my brother's. He works in the estate sector in Nanu oya. You know the condition of roads there. So I think these figures are reasonable. But I will try what you've suggested.

Vehicle : ​​Toyota Axio 141 (2008)

Transmission Type : Auto

Engine Capacity : 1490cc

Fuel : Petrol (octane 95)

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) : City - 12-13 Km/L Long distance -15-17 Km/L Highway - 19 Km/L

Are these figures ones by trip computer or calculations between actual fill-ups? My dad has a 2007 Axio and in general it does 11-12kmpl from what I know. Then again he doesnt drive it with fuel economy in mind. Do these change a lot when you drive a bit aggressively?