• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficiency

Watchman

Question

Hey!

There’s been a couple of posts asking members how efficient various vehicles are on fuel. And with the prices going up by Rs.8/= and with news in the air that it will go up again by another Rs.3/= soon, its getting even more important…

So what do you say we post the following details

Vehicle :

Transmission Type :

Engine Capacity :

Fuel :

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :

• Like 1

i think WCC uses one....

but y r u thinking of a van? if u nned a lot of carrying space i presume u'll be carryingsome load... i suggest diesel...

I also prefer diesel Dilesh, but those are expensive....

:rolleyes:

What do you think about changing the engine? I remember you were planning of doing this to Indica right!!

ya... but the red line? isnt that too much? never touched that.. my dad once got a office subaru (not WRX).. i once ttried 4500rmp.. (in Neutral).... the car started vibrating..never gone beyond that in any other car ever :rolleyes:.. plus i drive diesel now.. they work on lower rpms anyway...

hey i know wat im gonna say way OT..but in my father's racing car we change the gears at 9750 or close to 10,000..hehe..thats just crazy..oohps sorry..the car is a moded honda civic v-tec..

cheers :)

hey i know wat im gonna say way OT..but in my father's racing car we change the gears at 9750 or close to 10,000..hehe..thats just crazy..oohps sorry..the car is a moded honda civic v-tec..

cheers :rolleyes:

How much work had you done on this civic to be revving it to 10,000 RPM?? That's well beyond stock redline territory...

Any one's got any idea of the fuel efficiency of a 1.8 petrol CR42? (KM/L)

Is it worth going for a 1.5 petrol CR42? (I mean the power)

As the price diff between petrol and diesel CR42 around 7laks,

What do you guys think about buying a petrol CR42 and change the engine to Diesel? it only costs around 2 laks.

Thanks in advance guys...

wish this was a dilema we come across more often when buying a car or a SUV :rolleyes: well if you are not a heavy user go for a petrol. how much is a CR42 these days????????

wish this was a dilema we come across more often when buying a car or a SUV :) well if you are not a heavy user go for a petrol. how much is a CR42 these days????????

1.8 Petrol goes around 1.5mil..(unreg). :mellow: . Diesel goes around 2.3mil (unreg) :)

How much work had you done on this civic to be revving it to 10,000 RPM?? That's well beyond stock redline territory...

hmmm, honestly i dunno much mechanical details of the car..but its got a racing cams, mod ECU, straight thru exhaust, i think its got racing pistons n valves too (but not quite sure about that)..

Vehicle : Nissan Lucino

Transmission Type : Manual

Engine Capacity : 1500 cc

Fuel : 95 Oct

Km per Ltr (city/long distance): 12 / 15

Vehicle : Honda Civic eg8 vtec

Engine Capacity : 1.5

Fuel : 90 octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) : 9-10 / 14-15

this seems to be the best fuel consumption rate... thats next to mivec.turbo's 25k in his Kelissa ...

What abt mine... Mine is better... :angry-smiley-048:

I think, I'm getting slightly less in long distance running because when ever I go long distance I want to reach 140+ whenever I can, which must have led to the high consumption. :P ... must check it again after the exhast done. Most probably getting it on this Thursday and off to Hakmana on Saturday. There I can check my long distance consumption.

What abt mine... Mine is better... :D

I think, I'm getting slightly less in long distance running because when ever I go long distance I want to reach 140+ whenever I can, which must have led to the high consumption. :P ... must check it again after the exhast done. Most probably getting it on this Thursday and off to Hakmana on Saturday. There I can check my long distance consumption.

ya you do seem to hav better figures... hmm.. interesting indeed!

I also prefer diesel Dilesh, but those are expensive....

What do you think about changing the engine? I remember you were planning of doing this to Indica right!!

yep.. plan's still going ahead... my father bought an engine and its on the way... now looking for a car... market balue is between 925,000 and 1,100,000... these seem to be coming down in price a bit... since there's no hurry waiting for somethign cheaper to come around.. real nice if its aroundr 850,000..

if anyone knows a indica with a busted Engine/gBox you know who to call :D

load i dont tink matters that much... i'm sure most of us drive alone with the occasional 1 or 2 passengers.... but ya, i agree on the drivign style... if you like to stay on high revs obviously you'e gonna burn a lot of fuel...i realize i just stated the obvious :blink:

but anyway, i used to think Honda's and Nissans were pretty bad on petrol.. looks like i was wrong...

i thought that so earlier, but i'm pretty confident with fuel consumption of honda. i think honda 2002 model ranked 1st in most fuel efficent car in US. correct me if wrong... :violent-smiley-099:

hey guys..

as i said before the gemini recorded 10km per liter in city running when i drove it... my dad was out of town during the test period.. and thi week i wasnt doing any driving and we measured it again with my dad driving.. he too did only colombo running and recorded 9.7km per liter... and i am the one who normaly 'steps on the gas'... baffled stiff asto how my father recorded a lesser milage.. :D

guys, how much is a british gallon in liters? trying to convert the fuel figures to liters but getting absurd figures at times...

isnt there a difference betweenthe gallon used in USA and UK?

guys, how much is a british gallon in liters? trying to convert the fuel figures to liters but getting absurd figures at times...

isnt there a difference betweenthe gallon used in USA and UK?

In the US a gallon is calculated as 4.4 litres...but apparently an "imperial gallon" is 4.54609 L..Wikipedia has a long description as to why...check it out if you really care- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

In the US a gallon is calculated as 4.4 litres...but apparently an "imperial gallon" is 4.54609 L..Wikipedia has a long description as to why...check it out if you really care- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

Machang that is dry volume. We don't measure liquid in dry volume, only solid materials, like vegetables :D

The wiki page says US liquid gallon is 231 in³ (exactly) or 128 fl oz (exactly) or 3.785411784 L.

if you type "1 litre in gallons" or litres in a gallon in Google, you get the same thing. I think that's the value that applies to fuel.

So according to that, 1 Gallon = 3.78 L

1 mile per gallon = 2.35 kilometres per litre

ya you do seem to hav better figures... hmm.. interesting indeed!

yep.. plan's still going ahead... my father bought an engine and its on the way... now looking for a car... market balue is between 925,000 and 1,100,000... these seem to be coming down in price a bit... since there's no hurry waiting for somethign cheaper to come around.. real nice if its aroundr 850,000..

if anyone knows a indica with a busted Engine/gBox you know who to call :D

what is this indica??????? is it the one from TATA????

Vehicle : Toyota Hiace

Engine Capacity : Petrol 2000cc EFI

Fuel : 90Octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :City-9-10 Long Distance 10-11

Vehicle : Honda Civic Ferio

Transmission Type : Multimatic Auto

Engine Capacity : 1500cc

Fuel : 90Octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :City-10-11 Long Distance with econ mode 13-14, with sports mode should be around 8

Vehicle : Honda CITY

Transmission Type : CVT

Engine Capacity : 1500 cc, idsi

Fuel : 95 Octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :

city - 10~11 km/l (50% on 'D' + 50% on 'S' )

long - 14~15 km/l (along Colombo-Matara, Colombo-Kandy)

Nozozo,

Your city uses 95 Octane? How come??

Whats the year of your car? Does it have CVT?

errrr..... if the nozozo can afford to pump 95 octane petrol he don’t need anyone else’s permission to do so

hola another kind reminder please read before you post he has clearly mentioned that his city is CVT

:action-smiley-060:

toyota Allion 260

1500cc

90 octane

city- 11-12km/l

long distances - 15-16km/l

toyota Allion 240 (2007)

1500cc

90 octane

city- 11-12km/l

long distances - 15-16km/l

toyota Allion 240 (2002)