• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficiency

Watchman

Question

Hey!

There’s been a couple of posts asking members how efficient various vehicles are on fuel. And with the prices going up by Rs.8/= and with news in the air that it will go up again by another Rs.3/= soon, its getting even more important…

So what do you say we post the following details

Vehicle :

Transmission Type :

Engine Capacity :

Fuel :

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :

• Like 1

percilesicles!! <-- @ first sight that looked looked like testicles.. :action-smiley-060:..

nyways

Vehicle: Nissan March

Engine Capacity: 1.0 Ltr

Fuel: 95 Oct

KM Per Litre: 9ish City/ 13ish Out

Vehicle: Nissan Sunny N16

Engine Capacity: 1.6 Ltr

Fuel: 95 Oct

KM Per Litre: 7ish City/ 11ish Out

hey xxx watch 5th gear on Channel 5

yea i saw that episode. did u watched the episode week before, where a chinese lady pretending to be from suzuki spying on newly released cars at geneva motor show. that was hilarious.

funny story guys, this chinies may be she’s a korian not sure, was taking down notes on every single new model. when the host asked what she was doing she said she’s carrying out a marketing research on paintjobs for suzuki. ‘athe mattu’

:car-smiley-001:

Vehicle : Toyota Verossa

Engine Capacity : 1898cc

Fuel : 95 Octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) :6.5/ 7.5

that a nice car you got their mate. is it a V6? out of curiosity how much is a recon cost these days???????

Vehicle : Honda Civic eg8 vtec

Transmission Type : Manual

Engine Capacity : 1.5

Fuel : 90 octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) : 9-10 / 14-15

this seems to be the best fuel consumption rate... thats next to mivec.turbo's 25k in his Kelissa ...

havent seen him around though.. i presume he'd been busy the past couple of weeks getting ready for last weekend :)

this seems to be the best fuel consumption rate... thats next to mivec.turbo's 25k in his Kelissa ...

havent seen him around though.. i presume he'd been busy the past couple of weeks getting ready for last weekend :)

Vehicle : Hyundai Accent GLS

Transmission Type : Manual

Engine Capacity : 1.5 L

Fuel : Pertol 95 Octane

Km per Ltr, City : 12

Long Distance : 14

wut abt mine ?

wut abt mine ?

sorry there.... i missed your post.... true.. you get a better overall milage dont you...

just curious...people say the accent gives troubler after you've done about 40,000km in it.... is it true... cos aparently the fuel cunsumption is one MAJOR plus point on that car....:)

that a nice car you got their mate. is it a V6? out of curiosity how much is a recon cost these days???????

Thanks buddy.... Its a straight 6.....well i dont know what the current prices are but I bought it for 3.6mil in 2004 Dec just before the effect of the tax was felt....

Thanks buddy.... Its a straight 6.....well i dont know what the current prices are but I bought it for 3.6mil in 2004 Dec just before the effect of the tax was felt....

oh the good old days. so it must be costing about 4.5mil now isnt it?

havent seen him around though.. i presume he'd been busy the past couple of weeks getting ready for last weekend :D

yeh but it depends on driving style... :D and load conditions :D

Vehicle : Honda City VTEC[2001 model]

Engine Capacity : 1493 cc

Fuel : 95 octane

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) : 9.5-11.5 /16

* distance figure depends heavily on driving drive consitently above 100kph and you get only 10-11, best speed is 80ish where you get 16ish.

• Like 1

yeh but it depends on driving style... :blink: and load conditions :alc:

load i dont tink matters that much... i'm sure most of us drive alone with the occasional 1 or 2 passengers.... but ya, i agree on the drivign style... if you like to stay on high revs obviously you'e gonna burn a lot of fuel...i realize i just stated the obvious :D

but anyway, i used to think Honda's and Nissans were pretty bad on petrol.. looks like i was wrong...

so wut abt 4th gear 80kmph....., n some say 5th gear low rpm burn more fuel ? any comments ?

true.. 5th gear gives less torque than the 4th... so when you cruse on low revs the engine may tend to stall, so we inadvertently step on the accelarator (giving more fuel for the combustion).. but the car doesnt exactly accelarate as much as we'd think it would. And still we burn excess fuel... plus a heavy load on the crank would mean more wear&tear on the razors of the crankshaft...

the thing about the crank is something my dad told me cos i too used to go on low revs on the 4th or 5th rather than on a higher end of the 3rd or 4th (with the intension of saving diesel)...

anyone else care to correct me if i'm wrong?

those r sum pretty gud figures for a bluebird dude...my uncle's SSS does 8 in the city

As long as its kept under 2500-3000 revs. Floor it a couple of times and those figures drop to 7 or 8. (from 10).

Also I clean my Filter once a week and plugs once every 2 weeks.

true.. 5th gear gives less torque than the 4th... so when you cruse on low revs the engine may tend to stall, so we inadvertently step on the accelarator (giving more fuel for the combustion).. but the car doesnt exactly accelarate as much as we'd think it would. And still we burn excess fuel... plus a heavy load on the crank would mean more wear&tear on the razors of the crankshaft...

the thing about the crank is something my dad told me cos i too used to go on low revs on the 4th or 5th rather than on a higher end of the 3rd or 4th (with the intension of saving diesel)...

Cool Cool so 4th gear 1500 - 1800 Rpm 80 kmph ..... its good for fuel :P n maybe government will increase the fuel prices again :)

Well a general rule of thumb is to shift up once you cross 2000 rpm and before reaching 3000 rpm. Unless you need max acceleration, in which case you wait till it nears red-line and then up-shift :) . But for normal driving to conserve fuel, it's better to shift at as slow an engine speed as possible without "lugging" the engine. It's this "lugging" that's going to get you in trouble, with more wear and tare. Once you get to know your car better you'll be able to hear the engine and do it :P

Well a general rule of thumb is to shift up once you cross 2000 rpm and before reaching 3000 rpm. Unless you need max acceleration, in which case you wait till it nears red-line and then up-shift :action-smiley-060: . But for normal driving to conserve fuel, it's better to shift at as slow an engine speed as possible without "lugging" the engine. It's this "lugging" that's going to get you in trouble, with more wear and tare. Once you get to know your car better you'll be able to hear the engine and do it :blink:

ya... but the red line? isnt that too much? never touched that.. my dad once got a office subaru (not WRX).. i once ttried 4500rmp.. (in Neutral).... the car started vibrating..never gone beyond that in any other car ever :ninja:.. plus i drive diesel now.. they work on lower rpms anyway...

ya... but the red line? isnt that too much? never touched that.. my dad once got a office subaru (not WRX).. i once ttried 4500rmp.. (in Neutral).... the car started vibrating..never gone beyond that in any other car ever :action-smiley-060:.. plus i drive diesel now.. they work on lower rpms anyway...

ahhh, I know the feeling. My old diesel didn't even have a tach :ninja: Didn't rev it too much :blink:

ya... but the red line? isnt that too much? never touched that.. my dad once got a office subaru (not WRX).. i once ttried 4500rmp.. (in Neutral).... the car started vibrating..never gone beyond that in any other car ever :action-smiley-015:.. plus i drive diesel now.. they work on lower rpms anyway...

Machan, flirting with the redline is good when you are doing crazy shit, not when driving normally :sad-smiley-023: You will ruin the fuel economy and almost certainly the engine if you make a mistake.

Machan, flirting with the redline is good when you are doing crazy shit, not when driving normally :action-smiley-015: You will ruin the fuel economy and almost certainly the engine if you make a mistake.

haha..flirting with the red line is a lot of fun..that sound and that feeling, there's nothing else like it! But it can get a little tricky when you don't have a tach (I don't)! You revved a subaru to 4500rpms and it started shaking?? what the hell kind of subaru was this?? how old was it?

Anyway..somebody mentioned that they were surprised that nissans got bad fuel economy...i think they've always been a bit worse than toyota and honda on that department...and hondas always been very very good at it.

I push my civic pretty hard but I still get really good numbers for a car that's got 150k miles on it and is 10 years old!

ehicle : 1995 Honda Civic Coupe

Engine Capacity : 1.5L

Fuel : 85 octane?? atleast that's what the pump says..

Km per Ltr (city/long distance) : 32 mpg(11-12kmpl)/40mpg(14-15kmpl)

Any one's got any idea of the fuel efficiency of a 1.8 petrol CR42? (KM/L)

Is it worth going for a 1.5 petrol CR42? (I mean the power)

As the price diff between petrol and diesel CR42 around 7laks,

What do you guys think about buying a petrol CR42 and change the engine to Diesel? it only costs around 2 laks.

Thanks in advance guys...

Any one's got any idea of the fuel efficiency of a 1.8 petrol CR42? (KM/L)

Is it worth going for a 1.5 petrol CR42? (I mean the power)

As the price diff between petrol and diesel CR42 around 7laks,

What do you guys think about buying a petrol CR42 and change the engine to Diesel? it only costs around 2 laks.

Thanks in advance guys...

i think WCC uses one....

but y r u thinking of a van? if u nned a lot of carrying space i presume u'll be carryingsome load... i suggest diesel...