• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maria Sharapova

Pericles

If Aston Martin doesn't give her a damn Vanquish and give her an endorsement deal, they are damn fools!

http://mariasharapova.wetpaint.com/page/Endorsements

She is passionate about her four-wheel-drives, but her dream car, she says, is another piece of British car design. "The Aston Martin Vanquish is just hot," she says, before admitting she hasn't sat in one. "But I've seen one on the road and it's a good-looking piece of material... I'd love one.

"I love cars. Cars [are] one of the few luxury items that I always looked at and said, 'One day, I am going to own that car.' "

Relevant section

The world's highest paid female athlete loves cars, and the faster they are the better, reports JEREMY HART.

The only thing Russian tennis ace Maria Sharapova does faster than hit a tennis ball is drive. Even before she got her US driver's licence recently, the 19-year-old was all-too-familiar with the Florida highway patrol.

"I have been pulled over for speeding twice and both times the police officer asked me for my autograph and let me go. I am lucky," the world's highest-paid female athlete says, giggling. "I do like speed but I also like to be safe and I feel safest when I am behind the wheel of my Range Rover Sport. But I like to think of myself as a very good young driver.

"Because I travel so much, it took me forever to get my learner's permit. I could never find the time to take the tests. Finally, I was able to take the test and get my driver's licence. Getting that licence was ... freedom."

Before that Sharapova was carried to tennis training on her dad Yuri's bicycle. Now, worth tens of millions of dollars and sponsored by the likes of Land Rover, she has discovered an appetite for high-octane cars.

"A few months ago I was in Spain and I went on a car racing track that a friend owns. It was in one of those low race cars. It was pretty incredible," Sharapova says at a party held by Land Rover in London. Earlier she had unveiled the company's new Freelander 2 to the media.

She is passionate about her four-wheel-drives, but her dream car, she says, is another piece of British car design. "The Aston Martin Vanquish is just hot," she says, before admitting she hasn't sat in one. "But I've seen one on the road and it's a good-looking piece of material... I'd love one.

"I love cars. Cars [are] one of the few luxury items that I always looked at and said, 'One day, I am going to own that car.' "

Sharapova says all celebrities like cars and get excited when a new model is released.

Her deal with Land Rover means she has the use of one wherever she is, including when staying at her houses in Florida and California. In California, she has a supercharged Range Rover Sport.

"I was in California and I went up to the mountains for a weekend and we took the car. It's amazing, especially in the snow," she says. "In Russia, we have all these winter storms and I told my grandparents, 'I'm going to get you guys one of these.' "

Sharapova's dream when she retires is to spend a lot of time travelling. Top of her list are places where she can drive fast. She has them mapped out already.

"In some parts of the world there's no speed limit, right? In Germany, I think? I'd love to drive there."

On live TV, while she was still sweating and walking around in disbelief on the court after winning Wimbledon, Maria tried to call her mother on a cell phone. A marketing executive from talent agency IMG saw it and called phone-maker Motorola. About a month later, Sharapova had her first global endorsement deal, for a reported $1 million a year.

That phone call to mum tapped a veritable flood of endorsements. Now Maria is in commercials for multiple major companies, including Nike, Canon, Colgate-Palmolive, Land Rover, and Prince Tennis. She is also the spokes-athlete for a sport called Speedminton.

well at least Land Rover has gotten it right :lol:

Maria_Sharapova_4.jpg

land_rover_goes_beyond_17_04_06.jpg

So has Canon and Nike :D Fortunately, her deal with Honda is over :rolleyes: And she seems to have switched from Motorola to Sony Ericsson, coz I found this while looking up and article saying she is launching a new phone called the Equinox.

Just as I'm contemplating switching from Sony Ericsson to a Motorola Driod ..... sigh ..... Maybe I'll looking into the Xperia X3, rumoured to be an Android handset. But its gotta have that full slide out keyboard.

So has Canon and Nike :D Fortunately, her deal with Honda is over :rolleyes: And she seems to have switched from Motorola to Sony Ericsson, coz I found this while looking up and article saying she is launching a new phone called the Equinox.

Just as I'm contemplating switching from Sony Ericsson to a Motorola Driod ..... sigh ..... Maybe I'll looking into the Xperia X3, rumoured to be an Android handset. But its gotta have that full slide out keyboard.

Hmm.. here we go again. BTW I dont find her attractive, but hell yes if she likes fast cars.

Equinox? must google and see, am a loyal SE user using two now.

:D

hmmm well you could take the Symbian route with a N97 from Nokia..

How's this for a concept though - the E97

http://techhirek.files.wordpress.com/2009/...=450&h=1268

247284-xml8r7bpvciev76uqukaval4m.jpg

Edited by Devinda_Z

:D

hmmm well you could take the Symbian route with a N97 from Nokia..

How's this for a concept though - the E97

http://techhirek.files.wordpress.com/2009/...=450&h=1268

247284-xml8r7bpvciev76uqukaval4m.jpg

Nah. I'm sorta an Android fan. And the N97 has a three rows of keys keyboard I find annoying. I want at least 4, preferably 5. Like the HTC Dream aka Tmobile G1 had. Thats what I was looking for actually, but it seems to be not available or summin. I'd actually like an HTC, but the new Android sets don't have that keyboard.

Nah. I'm sorta an Android fan. And the N97 has a three rows of keys keyboard I find annoying. I want at least 4, preferably 5. Like the HTC Dream aka Tmobile G1 had. Thats what I was looking for actually, but it seems to be not available or summin. I'd actually like an HTC, but the new Android sets don't have that keyboard.

oh right

hmmm but after a unsavory experience with an early HTC produced iMate smart phone i avoid things that they make , despite how awesome the spec sheet n features are :mellow: once bitten twice shy

Hmm.. here we go again. BTW I dont find her attractive, but hell yes if she likes fast cars.

Equinox? must google and see, am a loyal SE user using two now.

yeah me not attracted to her either...funny coz usually i'm attracted to them long legged russian type babes,i.e doutzen kroes...

of the tennis chicks,i like caroline wozniaki best.

peri i had a x1 about a year back,it kept freezing on me a lot,some guys told me it was because of my network(mobitel),dunno for sure...

Edited by MasterDon

lol i also tried sending a TXT in MR B4's N97 and it took me ages :lol: still it is an awesome phone and im pretty sure its the best ever by Nokia,

yeah me not attracted to her either...funny coz usually i'm attracted to them long legged russian type babes,i.e doutzen kroes...

of the tennis chicks,i like caroline wozniaki best.

peri i had a x1 about a year back,it kept freezing on me a lot,some guys told me it was because of my network(mobitel),dunno for sure...

I rank em Ana, Maria and Nicole Vaidisova. (Which amusingly covers Adidas, Nike and RBK in the sponsership category :lol: )

And I'm fairly certain I don't want a WinMo device :)

Besides.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Droid

hmmm Droid_features_hero_red_final-US-EN.jpg

Hmm indeed! I am not very happy with the keyboard. Glad its 4 rows, but looks a lot more cramped than it needs to be! oh well, the search continues. Lotsa new stuff coming these days.

And this has drifted totally OT ;) Always the same with these lounge threads...

Nicole Vaidisova.

hmm first time i heard of her...but i like what i'm seeing :D

oh she's an "angel" ;):lol:

looks the spitting image of Denise Richards! :o not that thats a bad thing :D

yup,she's the latest VS angel...and my favorite...i honestly never thought that there would be a angel hotter than adriana lima...but here she is....oooohhh doutzie!!! :swoon: :action-smiley-076:

hmm first time i heard of her...but i like what i'm seeing :D

yup,she's the latest VS angel...and my favorite...i honestly never thought that there would be a angel hotter than adriana lima...but here she is....oooohhh doutzie!!! :swoon: :action-smiley-076:

she seems to have a little more of the two that Lima doesn't seem to have enough of :lol:

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but -

Yes, I know, she looks terrible. Hair and makeup have done an awful job.

But looks like Sony have something to interest me in the works too...

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperia-pro?cc=gb&lc=en

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_pro-3779.php

Old thread, but -

Yes, I know, she looks terrible. Hair and makeup have done an awful job.

But looks like Sony have something to interest me in the works too...

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperia-pro?cc=gb&lc=en

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_pro-3779.php

Sad thing is they keep delaying the release of the Xperia Pro :action-smiley-060:

What, again? No more late July? Dammit, I am very close to switching to the Motorola Droid 3. Specs look pretty good.

And Verizon is doing a seriously good job with this site.

http://www.droiddoes.com/#/droid3

Yeah, to Q4,prolly in October. Tight supplies of components due to tsunami is to blame.

BTW Droid 3 specs seems pretty cool, though they will ruin the experience with late updates and mediocre camera department as usual. :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by NRX