• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Matt Finish For Dashboard

seeker

Question

Guys,

I need to find a product that'll give the dashboard a renewed look but with a matt finish. the stuff we see around seems to be focussed on giving it a bit of shine, which I want to avoid.

Further, I've heard of shampoo for the dash. Does anyone use these? what are the brands and are they effective in some way?

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

Guys,

I need to find a product that'll give the dashboard a renewed look but with a matt finish. the stuff we see around seems to be focussed on giving it a bit of shine, which I want to avoid.

Further, I've heard of shampoo for the dash. Does anyone use these? what are the brands and are they effective in some way?

Thanks.

I can direct you to the place I get my painting done, and they do dashboards too.. with mat finish. PM me and I will give you directions.

Cheers.

I can direct you to the place I get my painting done, and they do dashboards too.. with mat finish. PM me and I will give you directions.

Cheers.

thanks.. what I'm looking for is not a complete dashboard job. this is a fairly new car. I'm referring to the kind of stuff detailing people use during / after a regular interior cleaning...

Cheers.

will they be able to build an old dashboard from a lancer station wagon............1979 model, into good presentable condition.there are some cracks on my friends car and that is the only flaw in his well maintained car.I have heard that dashboard repairs cannot be done once they are cracked and finding a replacement is the only way, is this true.

will they be able to build an old dashboard from a lancer station wagon............1979 model, into good presentable condition.there are some cracks on my friends car and that is the only flaw in his well maintained car.I have heard that dashboard repairs cannot be done once they are cracked and finding a replacement is the only way, is this true.

you can get it repaired by a person who does fiber jobs :)

Guys,

This will increase the cabin heat.

MINIACE

I re-painted my dash... in mat finish. You could also do it in a rubberized finish.

Hey Bugatti,

Appreciate if you can please enlighten us on your contact, seems impressive.

Got few dashboard stuff pending ahead.

Cheers !

I think he is not looking for his dashboard to be redone, just a maintanance product. I definetely recommend Armorall! A*pico hyde part has it.

Thanks, even though the responses are coming a few months later...! :) .. will check out Armorall...

Do they have a seperate cleaning product such as a shampoo as well?

To Miniace - does the matt polish actually increase the cabin heat? wouldn't the heat reflected from a shining surface do that more?

Cheers.

machan u got a before & after picture of ur dashboard project..i mite need some work on my dash as well