• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Eficiency March Ak-12

3MR

Hi,

I am intrested in buying a march AK-12. Is there any one out there who is using one ?

How far is it doing per litre. I have heard that the Old marck K-11 is not doing well in terms of fuel

to its small size. Is it the same for Ak-12 too.

thanks in advance

Hi,

I am intrested in buying a march AK-12. Is there any one out there who is using one ?

How far is it doing per litre. I have heard that the Old marck K-11 is not doing well in terms of fuel

thanks in advance

my friend has a 1300cc ak-12 & does about 13 - 14 km/ltr in colombo

Hi,

thanks in advance

yes the old march is quite crap when it comes to fuel efficiency compared to its size. i don’t know much about the new one. any AK-12 users?????????

• 5 years later...

I have been using one for about 8 yrs now and my advice is BUY ONE

Well for the 8yrs it didn't give me any repairs which if i had bought vitz would be there.

Only changed break pads filters batteries and tiers

Nissan march doesn't spell fuel economy in any way but the owners manual says 19.2kmpl

My one is an AK12 2002 (CR12De-1240cc) engineauto and it does 10-11kmpl in the short run and 12-13 in the long run, one day in a very careful run to kandy it did 15kmpl,

But don't expect more than 13kmpl.

The 1000cc (CR10De) one will give a low fuel econ due to obvious reasons discussed elsewhere in the forum.

And the old k11 with the older HR10De engine is notorious for a very low economy

It's not because the fuel economy that i like the car it's because of it's endurance and low repairs for the way i used it,

It was used as a spare car and it was used to carry cement bags and was taken off the road where i won't even take my SUV.

But still it is running perfectly.

Compairing with the passo, vitz (which will most commonly come in 1000cc)

It's more powerful, hardy and easy to maintain. And it will do more miles as the engine is a bigger 4cylinder one compared to the passo/vitz 100cc 3 cylinder.

As i've said before and even others in the forum also agrees

The "Nissan march AK12 is a car that can't be killed"

if not my one should be dead by now

the only problem was that the battery changing was frequent

Edited by toyota sucks
  • Like 2

Hi, I have been using a 2002 AK12 for about 4 months now. And I love the car, quite spacious in comparison to most hatchbacks around. And I feel it is more comfortable than a Passo & more leg space as well. For a 1240cc engine, its got pretty decent acceleration & it is very nimble. I usually run weekdays up & down towards Katunayake & weekends in Colombo. I get a average of around 12-12.5kmpl. Most I got was going to Trinco about 16kmpl. I also used a K11, & this is way better. If you are going to buy a registered car, make sure you get it inspected by A*W or someone known. I was lucky getting my car as it was used in Kandy & was a direct import from Japan so it has hardly been run. So far I haven't had to replace anything yet (touch wood) apart from the usual service. Except I did change my filter to a K&N & I am running HID's.

I have been using one for about 8 yrs now and my advice is BUY ONE

Well for the 8yrs it didn't give me any repairs which if i had bought vitz would be there.

Only changed break pads filters batteries and tiers

Nissan march doesn't spell fuel economy in any way but the owners manual says 19.2kmpl

My one is an AK12 2002 (CR12De-1240cc) engineauto and it does 10-11kmpl in the short run and 12-13 in the long run, one day in a very careful run to kandy it did 15kmpl,

But don't expect more than 13kmpl.

The 1000cc (CR10De) one will give a low fuel econ due to obvious reasons discussed elsewhere in the forum.

And the old k11 with the older HR10De engine is notorious for a very low economy

It's not because the fuel economy that i like the car it's because of it's endurance and low repairs for the way i used it,

It was used as a spare car and it was used to carry cement bags and was taken off the road where i won't even take my SUV.

But still it is running perfectly.

Compairing with the passo, vitz (which will most commonly come in 1000cc)

It's more powerful, hardy and easy to maintain. And it will do more miles as the engine is a bigger 4cylinder one compared to the passo/vitz 100cc 3 cylinder.

As i've said before and even others in the forum also agrees

The "Nissan march AK12 is a car that can't be killed"

if not my one should be dead by now

the only problem was that the battery changing was frequent

Really? you own a march too?

So thats a NZT 260, sorento, santa fe, passart and now a march...Its seriously gone too far now.

Mods:

I'm sure I dont need to explain this fool's history, and most of us know where he comes from. SO when he types stuff like this to a newbie it could seem real and he might fall pray. May I propose toyota-sucks' posts be moderated before they appear on the forum?

• Like 2

Really? you own a march too?

So thats a NZT 260, sorento, santa fe, passart and now a march...Its seriously gone too far now.

Mods:

I'm sure I dont need to explain this fool's history, and most of us know where he comes from. SO when he types stuff like this to a newbie it could seem real and he might fall pray. May I propose toyota-sucks' posts be moderated before they appear on the forum?

For u'r info our family has 4 members who leave home for their separate places of work in the morning,

so we need 4 vehicles atleast

So these r the vehicles our family has

1) Mitsubishi montero sport

2) Hyundai santafe CRDi 4WD manual 7 seater

3) VW Passat 1.8T

4) Nissan march AK12

The premio was sold

and the sorrento exchanged for our santafe for some time with a friend.

I don't want to explain more info about my family to mere cyber heros who bully others in the forum

I just post to help the OP.

Not to argue like most idiots here

I just post to help the OP.

if you dont mind Mr. Guard Watchman i just like to point out here to Mr. Toyota Sucks

Dude, the Question was asked in 2006.

what possessed you in thinking he will be still searching for the car?

Ok lets pretend that you actually have those cars.But why all the Toyota hate?I mean,yes most of the regular enthusiats here wouldn't touch an Allion in a million years but we don't dedicate 100% of our posts bashing Toyota like you.To be honest its hard to take you seriously with a narrow mind like that.Despite being ridiculously over priced and over rated in SL they are actually quite good cars underneath.

I don't want to explain more info about my family to mere cyber heros who bully others in the forum

Actually its quite the other way around.Most of the guys here know Watchman and his real identity.Its YOU who is the real cyber hero.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...