• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Traffic Cameras In Action!

miniace

Anyone noticed two Gatso type traffic and speed cameras installed at Senanayake Junction Borella.And the system is active randomly and pictures are obtained.So far never heard about anyone being prosecuted on speed and light violations.Anyone got more info?

sdc10047z.jpg

MINIACE

What's the point when there is effectively no speed limit? This is going to be a Fail project since 95.7% drivers on the road believe the lane dividing lines are there for them to ride on top of and/or are merely abstract decorations on an otherwise dull grey tarmac (cats eyes add the "bling" factor). But seriously, how could these cameras ever be used in an effective manner when nearly all drivers on the road are unaware of even the most basic traffic laws?

if this is gonna work...about time :)

i hate those damn numbnuts who run the damn light... especially when you are nicely hammering down from the other side not expecting any obstructions :angry-smiley-048:

for speeding i suppose the radar detector should pick this up ne? unless its a laser ranging system...then you're pretty much sunk...

cant this be a security measure? :unsure:

it sucks anyways...one thing i liked about sl is the freedom of privacy,some may call us uncivilised but i always hated countrys like the UK cos "big brother" is everywhere watching everymove we make with those damned cctv cameras and stuff...looks like we may have to get used to this sorta things... just my uneducated opinion folks :)

cant this be a security measure? :unsure:

it sucks anyways...one thing i liked about sl is the freedom of privacy,some may call us uncivilised but i always hated countrys like the UK cos "big brother" is everywhere watching everymove we make with those damned cctv cameras and stuff...looks like we may have to get used to this sorta things... just my uneducated opinion folks :)

true but i suppose as with many things in life...it has it's good and the bad...

say having cams might deter theft and stuff like that... also it might get our drivers to be a tad bit more "civilized" and not run lights and stuff :)

but i suppose all these would apply to the common and and to those who are "CONnected" :)

true but i suppose as with many things in life...it has it's good and the bad...

say having cams might deter theft and stuff like that... also it might get our drivers to be a tad bit more "civilized" and not run lights and stuff :)

but i suppose all these would apply to the common and and to those who are "CONnected" :)

interest to see what method they going to use, either send the snap to home or send an letter asking o come to the police station, once i received a snap of the rear buffer of the car i drove and had to pay $75.00 in MD :lol:

Anyone noticed two Gatso type traffic and speed cameras installed at Senanayake Junction Borella.And the system is active randomly and pictures are obtained.So far never heard about anyone being prosecuted on speed and light violations.Anyone got more info?

sdc10047z.jpg

MINIACE

Oh yes the exact place. Me and ma friend ran da signal light and both of saw da flash and wondering what it was. This was arnd 4 in the morning and both of us were tired.Took couple minitues for us to realize what it was. This was about two weeks ago and ma frnd has not yet received a ticket. Seems like still its on the test drive.

We are plannig to run it again and frame the pic.lol.

I recall an old episode of Top Gear where Richard Hammonds decides to see if he can beat a Gatso at its own game. I think it took a TVR Tuscan going at 270km/h for the Gatso to not notice you. Next on my list, become filthy rich to buy a British Alfa.