• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2004 Honda Civic Es8 / Es5??

rangerover

Question

Guys, im currently having a budget of around 2.7 - 3.2. And i really wanna go for a Honda civic. Would the 2004 model facelift civc fit in the range (similar to a one advertised on AL. I dont mind a brand new J Series or K series reconditioned ones, but am particular on the fabric interior. Im sure there are so many Honda owners who could help on this fact

Also, at that price range are there any other 2003 upward cars (Japanese) that you guys recommend (except for the vios)

Fabric interior is always better. Basically japaneese domestic versions are comming with fabric interior. The one advertised in A/L classified is a rare car. Normally 1.6 lit machine with vt s are export models and comming from singapore with leather interior.

welcome to honda club. :)

I was hunting for ES8/ES5 just about 5 months back but ended up buying a Nissan D22 double cab for which I have absolutely no regrets.

Anyway 2.7-3.2M for sure you will be able to find a really good face lift civic. While I was hunting at that time, there was one 2004 EXi (brand new) which went for just 2.6 and then there was a 2005Exi with just 31,000km on the clock which went for 3M. Both cars were in really good shape.

Although there are other cars which are well within your budget, I think you should stick to an ES8/5 since it is a very nice vehicle.

All the best!

Bro, first of all...let me congradualte up on selecting for HONDA rides....ES8 came with a 1.5 engine and da ES5 (Japan Made Export model) came with d16w7 which is 1.6 CC engine...and it is a really one hell of a ride...u gotta jus drive and see...VTI (ES5) came with non CVT gear box, where da gears are just like a usual dexron fluid type enabling you to maintain it with ease but less fuel consumption on the run. Only the disadvantage in ES5 is the low fuel consumption when comparing to ES8 or ES1 models. Reasons are D16W7 engine and non CVT gear box plus Hydralic Power Steering system makes an extra drag to the engine....where as ES8 and ES1 models came with EPS. If you are able to puchase an ES5 with fabric interior...jus as the one available @ AL..its da best buy...cz leather interior does add a good look and a value addition...but...not much comfy like a fabric interior....other than that...ES 5 is a cool car to ride...take my word..cz i drive da same !

#####

100k is not a problem for a honda.as far as u do ur oil change in time you could run 300k with out touching the engine.My last ek3 had done 210000km when i sold it and not a single drop of oil burnt.

steering rack problem is there but not a big issue. rack bush can be replaced.

100k is not a problem for a honda.as far as u do ur oil change in time you could run 300k with out touching the engine.My last ek3 had done 210000km when i sold it and not a single drop of oil burnt.

steering rack problem is there but not a big issue. rack bush can be replaced.

I have read previously that the rack costs around 120K at the agent. Do u think, just replacing the rack bushes, this so called rack problem could be solved most of the time? If a rack is to be purchased outside the agent how much would it cost

Does this rack issue exsist mainly with ES5 or ES8 versions?

Do u guys know any good mechanic specializing in the honda. I ve read a name called upul. if so please give me contact number

I have read previously that the rack costs around 120K at the agent. Do u think, just replacing the rack bushes, this so called rack problem could be solved most of the time? If a rack is to be purchased outside the agent how much would it cost

Does this rack issue exsist mainly with ES5 or ES8 versions?

Do u guys know any good mechanic specializing in the honda. I ve read a name called upul. if so please give me contact number

U don't have to replace the rack for the rattling issue. Nylon bush will do the need ful.This problem comes with es1 es5 and es8 versions and it is slightly improved in face lifted models.

Upul"s cotact no. is 0777735251.

For rack bush replacement better you go to the agent and won't cost much.(Around 5000 Rs)

guys can you shed some light on the Es5 gear oil change? how frequently should it be done?? and whats the gear oil? Z1?

According to KI4120 mentioned above, ES5 came with non CVT gearboxes where you have to put ATF Z1. However. ATF Z1 is no longer in the market. ATF Z1 is replaced by Honda ATF DW1 which can be purchased at Te*k Motors Panchikawatta.

(In one occasion I visited Sta*ford Motors to buy ATF DW1 but they told me that I have to do the gear oil change by them or otherwise they will not sell the oil itself only. After that I never visited that place of blood sucking morons)

However, I don't know about the time interval to change gear oil for ES5.

I just sold my ES 8 and for me the EPS steering rack was a issue for me.The nylon bush repair will work only for a couple of months and the rattling will start again and you have to replace it with a reconditioned rack for which guys like Upul charge around 25K.If you take off the rack issue its a wonderful car to drive.Its better to go to a person like Rohan who still works at Staford and would genunely tell the problem unlike Upul who is realy money minded and unreliable.

I am now looking at buying a FD1 and i am concerned whether it would be difficult to re-sell with 1.8 LTR engine as well as the spare parts being relatively expensive .The fuel consumption is also relatively low with 7KM in city.

Appreciate your thoughts

thanks bro! i know the interval of CVTF is 15,000kms but just wondering whats the interval for non CVT ATF :S

Non CVT , Honda 4 Speed Automatic (Grade Logic Control Gear Box), oil service interval in Critical Condition running : every 40,000km, But in Sri Lanka, better to do it every 30,000km, do it from staffords if you are servicing the car from them. Will cost you only for 4Ltrs of oil.

If its CVT you should change every 20,000KM in tropical countries like SL due to dust,humidity,heat and extreme driving conditions.The ES8 does wonderfully well on fuel compared to the ES5 and if not for the steering rack issue its the best in the range.The nylon bush remedy is temporary and you will have to replace it with a reconditioned rack in a couple of months

The cost of recondioned racks have gone up because What upul does is he sends about 3-4 three wheelers with his henchmen to areas like Delkanda every day and buys all honda parts availabble in the area and he creates a market for himself.This is one reason you cant find Honda recondioned parts in these shops and it is always better to go to a person like Rohan or Mahesh who are genuine and will talk facts

If its CVT you should change every 20,000KM in tropical countries like SL due to dust,humidity,heat and extreme driving conditions.The ES8 does wonderfully well on fuel compared to the ES5 and if not for the steering rack issue its the best in the range.The nylon bush remedy is temporary and you will have to replace it with a reconditioned rack in a couple of months

The cost of recondioned racks have gone up because What upul does is he sends about 3-4 three wheelers with his henchmen to areas like Delkanda every day and buys all honda parts availabble in the area and he creates a market for himself.This is one reason you cant find Honda recondioned parts in these shops and it is always better to go to a person like Rohan or Mahesh who are genuine and will talk facts

Thanks for alerting us to this practice by Upul. I urge other members to stand up against this kind of market monopolisation.

Thanks for alerting us to this practice by Upul. I urge other members to stand up against this kind of market monopolisation.

hi guys , sorry for bringing up an old thread . I recently bought an EK3 an im an absolute noob to cars. can anyone give me Rohan or Mahesh`s contact number ?

Hi,

I am on the hunt for a ES1/ES8 these days. I am really new to honda and dont have much idea about it.

Could you experts shed some light on what exactly should I check & look for when buying these particular models?

Also the differences and hence the difference in market value of ES1 & ES8.

Thanks in advance

Check if it has been maintained (repairs and servicing) by the agents as most typical makabaases will ruin a honda in minutes, and most importantly the condition of the gearbox if it has an automatic/CVT. There have been a lot of talk about this particular issue especially in the cars which have done above 150k. 

For the most part my ES8 has been trouble free, and gets very decent fuel mileage