• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

World Challenge 2009

fuzzo

Dear All,

This is to support a man, a Sri Lankan of our own who has already created a small miracle to save the lives of poorest of the poor.

He is Dr. Wijaya Godakumbura.

He came out with a simple idea to replace the traditional bottle lamp used in poor Sri Lankan homes with a safe lamp which does not turn over and catch fire.

He has silently carried out this mission and have so far handed over 775,000 units to save twice the number with possible burns and loss of life.

We should be proud of him as he is now being short listed amongst 12 finalists to be voted for the coveted BBC World Challenge 2009, organized by BBC, Newsweek and Shell.

Attached is a flyer giving all the required info, including the link for on line voting.

Kindly pass this message to as many colleagues, friends and relations in Sri Lanka and overseas, and get as many votes as possible, to make this project the winner. If he wins, another section of poor people back home and will win the right to live safely.

Please ignore if you have already voted.

Here is the link please.

http://www.theworldchallenge.co.uk/2009-fi...s-project10.php

• 1 month later...
Bit too late mate! Cake is served.but spirit is good :)

MINIACE

Yeh.. shame on me because while i click it was so energetic and i type i vote too (becuase i was proceeding to to vote) then i realize no place to vote. My collegues also aske me where to vote after my email .. SORRY .. :action-smiley-060:

Edited by MkX