• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wtz The Market For A Nissan Ex Fb 14

rez

guys,

Just now saw a 1996 - Nissan Sunny FB 14, 1300 cc, Light ( Sky ) Blue, Manual, full option with good fuel utilization ( about 15 KM / L as per the owner ), he is the 3 rd owner it seems. He wants to dispose it for 10.5 M. ( it has that long behind full tail light on the boot / trunk opening ...hope I expressed it well )

I contacted friend and he says the market value for this model is about 10M and has got a low resale market as the model is older with that Tail light stuff on the boot, bit hard to dispose it off.

So need to know from you guys whether I should go for this or not ? if so what will be the offering range, resale market ad stuff.... await some speedy replies...

cheers

guys,

Just now saw a 1996 - Nissan Sunny FB 14, 1300 cc, Light ( Sky ) Blue, Manual, full option with good fuel utilization ( about 15 KM / L as per the owner ), he is the 3 rd owner it seems. He wants to dispose it for 10.5 M. ( it has that long behind full tail light on the boot / trunk opening ...hope I expressed it well )

I contacted friend and he says the market value for this model is about 10M and has got a low resale market as the model is older with that Tail light stuff on the boot, bit hard to dispose it off.

So need to know from you guys whether I should go for this or not ? if so what will be the offering range, resale market ad stuff.... await some speedy replies...

cheers

Somewhere around 950k to 1.1 million is about the going rate for the early FB14's depending on condition and number etc... what's the number of the car you looked at?

by the way, if you are expecting it to do 15 to the liter you are going to be sorely disappointed mate, average for a FB14 should be around about 9 or 10 in the city with maybe 12-14 long distance if you drive carefully... So dont go after this car based on the owner's testimony.. he IS trying to sell you the car after all! ;)

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hey dude...another contact I got just now...Its my dads first cousin...spoke to him...his one too is the same kinnda with 1498 cc, 1996 and has run for about 106,000 Km with a 300 - number.... and maintained with A*W by his company....he tells me to offer a good price....I said I got only 10.5 M...wht d u think for it ?

Hey dude...another contact I got just now...Its my dads first cousin...spoke to him...his one too is the same kinnda with 1498 cc, 1996 and has run for about 106,000 Km with a 300 - number.... and maintained with A*W by his company....he tells me to offer a good price....I said I got only 10.5 M...wht d u think for it ?

whatever said and done stay away from 1.3 stuff, applicable mostly for sunny's and corolla's. And now the market trend changed as autos yield higher market oppose to early days where ppl were running away from autos. One of my friends bought a fb14 with auto box (fb is 1.5 and b14 is 1.3) full option, climate control a/c 300- close to 1mil.

Mate,

I am in agreement with most of the views.I used to own one .Some foods for thought , before buying.

01. 1300 CC is B 14 and 1500 CC is FB 14 (people simply call both FB 14) - you chek in the book for chassy number.

02. 1500 CC fuel economy is better than 1300 CC ( power to weight ratio in FB 14 is accurate )

03. B 14 will do max 8-9 in the city if you maintain it will (auto) whereas FB 14 will be in the range of 9-10 (Auto)

04. B 14 is about 50-100 thousand piced less than FB 14.Futher more manual is about 50,0000 less than an auto irrespective of FB or B14.Manual will do about 2 kn extra.

05.Long light will be yours for ever :rolleyes: . sellin is a bit of problem

06. Cannot reccomend 1300 CC unless single use 90% of the time.

07. Don not go by the milege , Rs .2500 can get you whatever the mileage on the clock .I will give u the :angry-smiley-048: place to go to.

Hope this will help but this is good car in terms of maintenance , comfort (comfortable than similar toyota range),resale,

05.Long light will be yours for ever :rolleyes: . sellin is a bit of problem

07. Don not go by the milege , Rs .2500 can get you whatever the mileage on the clock .I will give u the :angry-smiley-048: place to go to.

just out of curiosity why?? is there any particular reason for the "sadahatama oba mage mai" scenario ?? :huh:

& wouldn't service records be able to corroborate the mileage ?

just out of curiosity why?? is there any particular reason for the "sadahatama oba mage mai" scenario ?? :huh:

01. When it comes to FB 14 long light doesn't look nice or bulky.No any other particular reason I know....

02.It does. but unfortunately this will be difficult to track due to two reasons as far as I understand .one- some pretend as babies that they don't keep records.Two - they are too smart .I know people who cook the mileage soon after buying and maintain records nicely from there onwards. :unsure:

Edited by DVT

Do you imagine every other car owner in the country has the same degree of car obsession as you or I? most people dont remember when they last had their car serviced, forget keeping service records!

@ rez, 10.5 is an ok price, try and get it a little lower about 10.25 or 10 even...

Do you imagine every other car owner in the country has the same degree of car obsession as you or I? most people dont remember when they last had their car serviced, forget keeping service records!

@ rez, 10.5 is an ok price, try and get it a little lower about 10.25 or 10 even...

Thkx guys for all these outputs....it seems the FB-14, 1500 cc one is not a long tail ...but need to see the car first during this weekend !!!