• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancia’s First Power Boat Is Making Its Debut In Venice

Devinda_Z

2009090709162248.jpg.thumb.jpg

Feast your eyes on this! This is Italian marque Lancia’s first power boat and it’s making its debut in Venice – well there ain’t no roads there, so this is the best way to get around we suppose.

web630_lanciadilancia_02.jpg

For some reason the launch images features 23-year-old Romanian supermodel Catrinel Menghia draped over the boat, which will be used to ferry celebrities to and from the Palazzo del Cinema and the Hotel Excelsior for the Venice International Film Festival – Lancia is the main sponsor.

090904_l_lanciadilancia_01.jpg

The boat itself has been jointly developed by four Italian companies, Sacs, who produce RIBs, FPT (part of Fiat and makers of the engines), Martini a race and rally partner of Lancia, and of course the car maker itself.

Lancia apparently has a long-standing connection to the world of boats, in the 1920s, founder Vincenzo Lancia, drew inspiration from the ribbing of boat hulls to design the monocoque bodyshell of the Lancia Lambda.

In the 60’s Flaminia Class boats were powered by V6 engines from the Lancia Flaminia and in 1980 Lancia sponsored the J24 sailing class and so on…

090904_l_lanciadilancia_04.jpg

The Lancia Powerboat is designed by Christian Grande – the hull is 13.10 metres in length, with a broad beam of 3.83 metres. A weight to power ratio of about 7.5 kg/HP establishes the boat as one of the most powerful available. The two N67-560 engines by Fiat Powertrain Technologies are ‘best in class’.

Lancia-Powerboat-Engine-lg.jpg

Cruising speeds range from 15 to 45 knots, while top speed under ideal loading conditions tops 55 knots. The Lancia Powerboat can carry up to 11 persons, and has a cabin to sleep two – I bet that’s giving you ideas.

Rows of LEDs under the transom and front windscreen simulate the appearance of modern Lancia car lights and Martini Racing graphics add a final sporting touch. A fold-away LCD television and a galley complete the cockpit equipment.

In the cabin. Air conditioning lets you escape from the heat of the sun and bathroom facilities are minimalist but impeccably finished – there are even coloured LEDs to provide romantic lighting in the shower.

090904_L_LanciaDiLancia_08-480x300.jpg

Source : http://www.pass41.com/lancias-first-powerb...model-optional/

Edited by Devinda_Z

haha ...love both models

also quad head lamps a la stratos would have been a nice addition...on the boat i mean...the girls twin lamps are fine as they are...lol

...for a moment i was on the verge of being very confused as to how those quad lamps would have worked,until you specified the boat! :blink::lol:

speaking of quad lamps - the ones on Abarth rally car do look the business don't they?! :)

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_pictu...o_334603_25.jpg

Wow What a Sexy duo!!! Owning a boat like this would make getting a babe like this no sweat at all eh? The Martini stripes look great on Black as well. Never imagined them on black before!

I wish though that Lancia would get something this powerful with four wheels as well!

Wow What a Sexy duo!!! Owning a boat like this would make getting a babe like this no sweat at all eh? The Martini stripes look great on Black as well. Never imagined them on black before!

hmmm maybe you should experiment with some of the darker shaded cars in the collection? :)

...oddly enough i actually noticed a proper small/mid sized yatch/boat contraption - the "posh" looking numbers that one sees in the movies with scantily clad females frolicking aboard moored at the Colombo harbor this afternoon! :o

I wish though that Lancia would get something this powerful with four wheels as well!

i think we all do - but it had better look better than that odd ball looking Delta - i know its almost blasphemous to so much as dare to say it , but it does look a smidge like the Ssangyoung Actyon does it not?! :blink: (the grill perhaps? :unsure: )

i think there was a new stratos concept a few years back...a lime green coloured car if i remember right...wonder what happened to that...or was it a third party design?

lol...maybe you saw piddy or puffy doody or puff diddly on his latest cruise .. that guys a yacht freak...and a bonafide ho' magnet...

or it was mr.briattore,now that he has all this free time ne?...i still cant see what all those supermodels saw in him...except the money ofcourse.l..lol

i think there was a new stratos concept a few years back...a lime green coloured car if i remember right...wonder what happened to that...or was it a third party design?

lol...maybe you saw piddy or puffy doody or puff diddly on his latest cruise .. that guys a yacht freak...and a bonafide ho' magnet...

or it was mr.briattore,now that he has all this free time ne?...i still cant see what all those supermodels saw in him...except the money ofcourse.l..lol

no nothing even remotely that interesting aside from the boat itself - looked uninhabited :( but still very chic! :)

This is the image you refer to yes ? lancia_stratos_concept_01.JPG

:o stumbled onto an interesting Photoshop job on the new Delta! :blink:

lancia-delta-integrale-2009-front.jpg

yep thats the one...must say it looks damn nice...worthy design evolution for the stratos.

true - i'm not a fan of the paint job , but you can very very clearly see the resemblance to the mentalist original , & rightly so! :)

that second image is what the Delta should have looked like, if they insisted on large-ish hatch design :mellow:

...i know some of the lines toward the lower sections are reminiscent of the Evo X sport back concept, but i don't see that as a bad thing in this case!

• 7 months later...

& if you thought a Lancia power boat was bad. try a Limo! :o

Lancia Delta Integrale limo

Italians sacrifice Lancia Delta Integrale hot hatch legends to make upsetting limos

By Stephen Dobie 09th February 2010

car_photo_355027_7.jpg

It’s quite often that a modified or tweaked car mildly offends us, but it’s much rarer that we're made genuinely upset by one. Today it’s happened, though, thanks to this Lancia Delta HF Integrale limousine.

car_photo_355024_25.jpg

Make that limousines – a bunch of Italians have seen fit to chop up two examples of one of evo’s favourite drivers’ cars, lob some extra cabin in the middle and produce a brace of Lancia limos.

car_photo_355036_25.jpg

Both are apparently powered by their donor car’s 2-litre turbocharged engines, though it’s unclear (and we’d hedge our bets at unlikely) that their 210bhp outputs are sent to all four wheels. Here’s hoping that it’s all a bit of a hoax, and that some standard (and decaying) Deltas have been sacrificed before being tarted up to appear like hotter HFs. We fear that’s being too optimistic, though…

car_photo_355033_25.jpg

If you want to really upset us (and have 99,000 euros knocking around) then you can buy the pair of them. Please don't, though.

car_photo_355030_25.jpg

car_photo_355021_25.jpg

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/248113/l...be071e40617aa96