• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car I Can Get For 1.2 Mill

riddle

Question

hey guys..iv a total of 1.2 mil...(dat doesnt mean that im looking for cars which have a price tag of 1.2,,cheaper the better)

the main things i consider are

1)fuel fuel fuel efficient (now i dint talk about those maruti's and stuff) 10-13km colombo with a/c would be great...

2)a car which suits my life style as well as my dad's(50+),,a slight modd, lights,body kits,a visible spoiler etc..

3)a decent interior (a modified one would do wonders)

after hunting for ~4months i have a huge craze for these civic's(eg8 1992-3..damn....i love the xenon hid's),and lancers ck2's...and im totally in love with the eg8...

i think wel be using this car for a long period(+4yrs may be more),,so what do you guys think eh???

can you guys recommend me a good ride(that doent mean only civic's n lancers...any thing you feel good enough for the buck)???

doubts

1)are eg8's better than lancers or vice verca??

2)which is better for fuel consumption??

i would appreciate all kind help and advice youe give me as seniors and experts...

thanks alot in advance!!!!!!!!

saw a Car in a Car sale at Stanley tilakarathne Mawatha.The colour was Metalic purple and It had Alloys and some gauges (Saw it when I was passing by so couldn't inspect it much)

Will let you know if i get to know a Car FOR SALE

thanks alot maan....it would be great!!!!

iv a samll doubt guys.....if i get the car checked at staffords for a full faulty and condition report,,would it be enough to judge the car??? i mean if the results where positive can i go for the buy???can i depend on there results??coz i think wel be using the car for about 4-5 years,so must get a good one for a long run...

Anyway bro you will be buying a car that is 16 years OLD (If you buy an EG8) so you Must expect WEAR ne....

and also most of them might have covered more than 100k Kms.So there May be runing repairs+Some replacement of parts like Tbelt,CV joints,Shock absorbers etc....

SO the best option would be to buy a Good EG for around 900k and Restore it(will cost about 1 lakh,depends on the condition of the car).

thanks alot maan...if i could get the eg8 checked from staffords for a full faulty report,then would it be safe to go for the buy???

and do you know any details about the faulty report stafford does??price and is it good??

Dont go for Eg8.. its too old and you are better off with a well used and un abused 300- EK3 for the same price. It may not be V- Tec but that alright. But spares wont be cheap at Stafford

There is a guy called wasantha 0773088257 he maybe able to help you out.

Dont go for Eg8.. its too old and you are better off with a well used and un abused 300- EK3 for the same price. It may not be V- Tec but that alright. But spares wont be cheap at Stafford

There is a guy called wasantha 0773088257 he maybe able to help you out.

As I also suggested you can go for 19 - / 300 - EK3 around 1.2M.

But still 16years old Honda will have better quality compare to most of the 16 years old cars in the market. So if your budget is around 8 - 10, go for a car with decent body and cheesy (after test with agents).

There is good 300 - xxxx in kandy too. But that seller some times give ridiculous prices.

Edited by MkX

kk He must be Busy bro.Honda would be my Choice.

The Lancer does not have a Good fuel consumption+Spares are expensive bro....

So on the long run it will cost you more.Ek3 Non vTEC does about 11kmpl in city and Lancer does about 9kmpl in city(Correct me if im wrong)

\

I also prefer EK3 since it is new but according to his budget better to go for eg8 for 9 lacks and spend another 01 lack to restore small things. i have used both models and both are very good cars and good handling and pulling power.

Riddle contact me on 0772533855.

machooo...if i must be concerned about a newer engine how about these hyundai;s and stuff eh????arent they good???i mean aftersales+fuel+comfort+cheap parts?????

They are Not good on fuel,They have a Low resale value,Some vehicles parts are expensive

But they are Comfortable (Sonata,XG).

Hi Dude their is a 18- Vtec if your interested. Needs a paint job and little repairs. Body condition is good no major dents or accidents. If your still looking gv me a buz 0773171274. Ohh n it needs new set of tires. My estimation is all can be done under one lack.

many guys advised me on buying a car which isnt abused!!!

what do you mean abused??

can you any1 please list the most important specs i should see when im buying a non-abused car got??

hmmm thats a hard question to answer - i recon there are three sides to it

1) Knowledge & Maintenance

2) Driver profile

3) Model of the vehicle itself

in terms of the first a good way to spot a car thats been taken care of is one which has comprehensive service records , preferably at reputed garages using genuine parts, oils etc.

also watch out for cars that have been run on open papers a lot..

drive profile can tend to stereotype but it can safely be said that a middle aged parent of two with a decent income isn't going to take a base model family sedan purchased on a company loan/lease and race every car he meets at every colour light dumping the clutch and doing full bore starts, where as an 18yr old who's just got his license and has watched Fast & the Furious and played too much NFS is more than likely to have done the same.

also be weary of ultra busy ignoramus' who are unlikely to have paid any attention to their cars - such would likely have missed the most basic maintenance, thus involuntarily abusing the car

When it comes to the car model, just about anything sporty at some point in its life is due to have been given beans by an owner who may or may not have known what he was doing

some cars like the obligatory Honda Civic EG8's etc have thanks to popular culture been found on the receiving end of serious abuse by some. That being said some vehicles like "bomb proof" hiluxes and such commercial vehicles are also likely to have been treated not too well, mainly because of their reputations for being able to cope with abuse