• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Karting Returns To Sri Lanka

ash

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can trade in the Landy for 3 months worth of rides... :lol:

i'm thinking its worth a smidge more than that! :P

hmmm they'd better at least give me a kart to take home as well , cuz else its gonna be a long long walk back from Battaramulla to Mt. Lavinia! :lol:

R they Still charging 750 for 10 mts??

something tells me that they're gonna continue with what in marketing jargon can be labeled a price skimming strategy - afterall there is quite a bit of interest at present so it makes good business sense that they continue at these rates until such a time where demand may wane as time goes by

R they Still charging 750 for 10 mts??

Yeah.. Dont think a change is gonna be coming anytime soon. Quite unfair. sigh. :(

Btw guys small scenario today...

Went today cause I had an extra coupon from sunday... There were 2 guys there doing 10 min runs, I was waiting till they finished so I could go alone.

I noticed that, the first time, when they went, one of the workers there went out behind them (after they had started)... The 2nd time the same 2 guys went out (after me) another guy who works there went behind them, and he was quicker than the 1st worker and he overtook the 2nd of the 2 guys who were doing the run. But it wasn't an easy over take and that guy in the 2nd kart didnt seem too happy. (Can't say I blame him <_< ) But after some time, the time keeper who seems to be the manager or someone stopped him on the track told him off and got him to pull inside..

I'm not against the people who work there riding the karts, heck if at all they should be given it on a regular basis, afterall they're the ones who maintain both track and karts.(They deserve it) But if those guys can just hop in and drive whenever they want to, doesn't it seem like 750 is paying too much? afterall if its soo expensive to maintain everything... Wouldn't they try to bring down kart usage to a minimum? :blink: comments guys? :huh:

Yeah.. Dont think a change is gonna be coming anytime soon. Quite unfair. sigh. :(

Btw guys small scenario today...

Went today cause I had an extra coupon from sunday... There were 2 guys there doing 10 min runs, I was waiting till they finished so I could go alone.

I noticed that, the first time, when they went, one of the workers there went out behind them (after they had started)... The 2nd time the same 2 guys went out (after me) another guy who works there went behind them, and he was quicker than the 1st worker and he overtook the 2nd of the 2 guys who were doing the run. But it wasn't an easy over take and that guy in the 2nd kart didnt seem too happy. (Can't say I blame him <_< ) But after some time, the time keeper who seems to be the manager or someone stopped him on the track told him off and got him to pull inside..

I'm not against the people who work there riding the karts, heck if at all they should be given it on a regular basis, afterall they're the ones who maintain both track and karts.(They deserve it) But if those guys can just hop in and drive whenever they want to, doesn't it seem like 750 is paying too much? afterall if its soo expensive to maintain everything... Wouldn't they try to bring down kart usage to a minimum? :blink: comments guys? :huh:

been honest i do like when those people drive when we doing runs, specially the short guy who always do 35.xx, when those people drive on the track it help us to improve our timing too

been honest i do like when those people drive when we doing runs, specially the short guy who always do 35.xx, when those people drive on the track it help us to improve our timing too

agreed! That guy can drive!! :blink:

But mate my point is, for the cash we're paying.... I dunno.. Guess it's just my personal feeling towards it? :unsure: I mean.. 750 man.. thats over 5 litres of petrol. (almost a gallon of Toluene for you :P )

But mate my point is, for the cash we're paying.... I dunno.. Guess it's just my personal feeling towards it? :unsure: I mean.. 750 man.. thats over 5 litres of petrol. (almost a gallon of Toluene for you :P )

:action-smiley-060: now now whats all of this Toluene story :o yeah u have a point there

:action-smiley-060: now now whats all of this Toluene story :o yeah u have a point there

:P:lol: Yeah man I dunno if I'm just bummed out about the price being soo high. :unsure: But its just how I feel about it.. And mind you its not like they do it for a couple of laps and stop. They do nearly 10 mins themselves.. :mellow:

Yup I also feel its too much...It Must be around lyk 300 or 250 :D

Hope that they will reduce the Price soon....

Yup I also feel its too much...It Must be around lyk 300 or 250 :D

Hope that they will reduce the Price soon....

even we like the prices to be reduced, for them its impossible, they have to pay lease for the land, recover money they sped on buying karts, karts and Track maintaining costs, salaries for the people who working there, cant forget the cost for the fuel and tires,

anyway i feel 500 Rs for 10mns is reasonable