• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Karting Returns To Sri Lanka

ash

I agree with the rate been a bit on the high side –

Any idea on what exactly went wrong with the first location ? That's Richards track @ Excel world right ?????

Planning to do a visit when time permits - will see if I can drop in on Sunday :)

This Chooti Patiya is a joke :action-smiley-060: – Just a spoilt rich kid I guess either that or he's trying a new marketing gimmick by pissing off A/L members to come to the location to get a piece of him if that's the thing – looks like it's working :D

Anyway we need a clown in the forum - :P

Edited by mazdaspeed

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine was worse - one of the rear wheels came off as i was exiting the last corner! :o

shame really cuz it was a hot lap of sorts i felt till that point :(

that's bad , when the Tyre went flat my hand hit somewhere and got few wounds, some karts stall and some dont have power, few have Tyre issues too, if u don't get a gud kart its waste of money

btw how was your timing ?

It might be a little too late add my 2 cents. but here it is anyways.

remember when they had that karting joint at excel world? can anyone remember the prices? how much was it for 50 laps? i can't remember how much it cost exactly. but the price list read something like this 250, 500, 750. i think it was something like 500 rupees for 20 laps if i recall right. what i do remember really well is that the track was really short. my time was usually around 17 seconds. and i take it, from the times you guys posted, that the new track is more than twice the length. so at the old place I would have done 35 laps in 10 mins if I drove at a stretch, which equates to around 17 laps on the new track. and that is not far off what you guys got within your 10 mins. i know the calculations aren't exactly accurate. but you guys can work it out with your very own data and see the difference.

So maybe we ARE getting our money's worth, and maybe more, considering factors like inflation, the quality of the new place and the experience :D

remember when they had that karting joint at excel world? can anyone remember the prices? how much was it for 50 laps? i can't remember how much it cost exactly. but the price list read something like this 250, 500, 750. i think it was something like 500 rupees for 20 laps if i recall right. what i do remember really well is that the track was really short. my time was usually around 17 seconds. and i take it, from the times you guys posted, that the new track is more than twice the length. so at the old place I would have done 35 laps in 10 mins if I drove at a stretch, which equates to around 17 laps on the new track. and that is not far off what you guys got within your 10 mins. i know the calculations aren't exactly accurate. but you guys can work it out with your very own data and see the difference.

So maybe we ARE getting our money's worth, and maybe more, considering factors like inflation, the quality of the new place and the experience :D

for 10 mns i have only manage to do 13 laps

No one's disputing the experience machan, just the fact that it would be nice if it cost a tad bit less.... this really wouldnt have stretched so far if a certain individual didnt try to be all Internet Tough Guy! :lol:

that's bad , when the Tyre went flat my hand hit somewhere and got few wounds, some karts stall and some dont have power, few have Tyre issues too, if u don't get a gud kart its waste of money

btw how was your timing ?

yeah your right machan - noticed a rather large difference between karts - ran the bulk of my laps in Kart No.2 - grip levels were good but the steering felt slightly more on the heavy side..

after the wheel failure switched to another Kart (No.5 possibly :unsure: ) which felt much quicker , but was slithering all over the place

unfortunately the timings for my last few laps in the second kart weren't available but clocked in at 39.06...

still haven't quite figured out the right line to take :(

sadly the lap the wheel came of i'd managed to stay flat out on all but the 3 tight corners in the middle of the track, so thought i'd be able to clock in a good time but it was not meant to be :(

hmmm i wonder if some karts are outright faster than some of the others :huh:

does anyone have any idea what kinda output the karts at the speedrome put out & what kinda speeds they top out at?

need some kinda training on how to tackle the track, cuz i feel as though i loose power completely on the tight section of 4 corners in the middle of the track - just can't seem to figure out how to maintain momentum through that section :mellow:

yeah your right machan - noticed a rather large difference between karts - ran the bulk of my laps in Kart No.2 - grip levels were good but the steering felt slightly more on the heavy side..

after the wheel failure switched to another Kart (No.5 possibly :unsure: ) which felt much quicker , but was slithering all over the place

unfortunately the timings for my last few laps in the second kart weren't available but clocked in at 39.06...

still haven't quite figured out the right line to take :(

sadly the lap the wheel came of i'd managed to stay flat out on all but the 3 tight corners in the middle of the track, so thought i'd be able to clock in a good time but it was not meant to be :(

hmmm i wonder if some karts are outright faster than some of the others :huh:

does anyone have any idea what kinda output the karts at the speedrome put out & what kinda speeds they top out at?

need some kinda training on how to tackle the track, cuz i feel as though i loose power completely on the tight section of 4 corners in the middle of the track - just can't seem to figure out how to maintain momentum through that section :mellow:

cant 5 and 6 dont have control at all, 39,06 is very gud time, anyway im not that much concentrating on the time, like JC do it all abt make the tale dance :lol:

Had a chat with DC5 Thiwanka and hes also doing the same laps. but his lines are perfect, he's in 35 to 36 sec range

that means Thiwanka is the fastest around the track ne da?

would love to watch someone who knows the track go around - ideally it would be awesome if we could see some of the pro racers...

wonder if they could have some exhibition races on a weekend or something.. :unsure:

i keep wondering how to find 3 whole seconds on a track that small :mellow:

Seriously guys...Madz and our Mods seem to have gone really soft cos this sorta thing would not have gone this far a few years back!

quite sad really!

One or few people for that matter should not be allowed to drag the whole forum down...

There are legible ways to engage in discussion or even arguments without having to sink to these low levels...

This thread is a disgrace to AL IMHO!

We will only attract more of this kinda behavior if we don't do something "discipline" members who can't engage in a proper debate.

As a person who visits the forum multiple times a day, every day that's my sincere thoughts...

Over to you moderators and admins!!!!

Seriously guys...Madz and our Mods seem to have gone really soft cos this sorta thing would not have gone this far a few years back!

quite sad really!

One or few people for that matter should not be allowed to drag the whole forum down...

There are legible ways to engage in discussion or even arguments without having to sink to these low levels...

We will only attract more of this kinda behavior if we don't do something "discipline" members who can't engage in a proper debate.

As a person who visits the forum multiple times a day, every day that's my sincere thoughts...

Point well made ripper, I think the simple problem is the forum for the most part is now generally well behaved as peri pointed out, we are almost "self moderated" in fact so admin and mods tend to feel that they dont need to log on very often... so when an asswipe like this shows up, they wont catch him.

that means Thiwanka is the fastest around the track ne da?

would love to watch someone who knows the track go around - ideally it would be awesome if we could see some of the pro racers...

wonder if they could have some exhibition races on a weekend or something.. :unsure:

i keep wondering how to find 3 whole seconds on a track that small :mellow:

when they open the place i heard Ashan, Pasidu and few others did some Racing, im sure those people know the lines pretty well, i also watch how Thiwanka drives but very hard to see the lines he drive cus of the tires, i saw Thiwanka doing a lap for 35.95 :o

quite sad really!

Personally Ripper, my comp at home is busted so I have problems checking in the eves. wut tu du? Hope to have it back this week. Kinda difficult to jump in on this.

I am not a regular topic poster but as ripper said i am also one of the people who checks autolanka multiple times a day and keep myself updated with the automotive enthusiast.

karting in Sri Lanka, it looks a damn good place and i am sure entertainment starved community such as us could do with something like this. Its a welcome move by the individual who started this and wish him all the best. There was a time in our young days and i remember how i used to crave to go on a dodgem car at sathatu uayana, i cant remember the price then and it lasted just a few minutes, yet that thrill it gave you still is in my memory. Few years later a small go kart track came up in Excel world (then called millenium park) and me and my friends used to save our pocket money and go there during weekends. I was schooling then and of course we could not drive a real car, yet again that thrill you get of sitting behind a go kart with a lawn mover engine just gives you a feeling which is indescribable!

Now..we guys are more matured, drive real cars and of course earn a decent buck. I joined autolanka quite sometime back and the quality of posts and information shared very much useful and interesting, but as of late i have noticed that things are not the same.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but slander on a public forum is just not right. These are just my personal thoughts and not target at anyone specific.

Hay guys please stop insulting each other for small issues like this. I agree with Ripper & Stingray, this thread has gone too far. I don’t want to comment about pricing structure or anything related to that but I’m seriously concern about the discipline of the forum. So from here onwards any member who tries to insult another member or the whole AL community/clubs will be getting a warning and after 5 similar warnings the membership will automatically get banned.

On personal note to all the newbie’s/anonymous users please try to put a face to your profile so that we can have a proper discussion. I’m sure we all know each other since we are staying in a small world :)

Hay guys please stop insulting each other for small issues like this. I agree with Ripper & Stingray, this thread has gone too far. I don’t want to comment about pricing structure or anything related to that but I’m seriously concern about the discipline of the forum. So from here onwards any member who tries to insult another member or the whole AL community/clubs will be getting a warning and after 5 similar warnings the membership will automatically get banned.

On personal note to all the newbie’s/anonymous users please try to put a face to your profile so that we can have a proper discussion. I’m sure we all know each other since we are staying in a small world :)

Thank you Madz! :)

as always...good ideas earlier from Peri and now from you... filling up profile pages is a good start!

as you rightly said, most of us know each other, have met each other and have shared many good times... We've managed to weave a tight knit community and it's good that we keep it that way and grow it further...

This forum has helped so many people who are not the necessarily the regulars... It would be a shame if we let it go down a wrong path and project a wrongful image to those "silent readers"

as you rightly said, most of us know each other, have met each other and have shared many good times... We've managed to weave a tight knit community and it's good that we keep it that way and grow it further...

This forum has helped so many people who are not the necessarily the regulars... It would be a shame if we let it go down a wrong path and project a wrongful image to those "silent readers"

& there are more of those than we know or realize!

AL much like any other community is not perfect - providence knows we've all had our moments!

but i for one am happy to say that i've made some great friends here and am proud to be a part of this forum

over the years things have really settled down and now that a great number of the regulars actually know n meet each other, there is sense of mutual respect that is shared - i sincerely hope that degree of respect transcends on over the new members and infrequent posters as well - its values like that which ought to be nurtured to ensure that AL remains a great on-line community.

Would love to join you guys but currently I’m staying out of Colombo, so not sure whether I’ll be able to make it on that day :(

if any of you guys going on next Sunday 10th plz let me know

Count me in.... Sunday wht time? C

Bugs

Bugatti - confirmed (r u bringin ur cam? Thought of fixin it to the helmet n record the laps with drivers point of view)

GFX - confirmed - (make sure to bring a 50Kg dumbbell to make it a fair run) :P

STI B4 - confirmed

S_N - confirmed

Prad -

Charitha -

Where da hell is mazdaspeed ?

Pramith -

VVti -

Ripper -

Dev -

Don -

Peri -

Madz -

last but not least

Chooti Putha - Confirmed :angry-smiley-048:

ALL POST YOUR BEST LAP TIMINGS

Lap Record is 35.95 Thivanka's

Mine is only 41.22

I was braking a lot my advice is never brake anywhere drift as much as possible if you want to slow a bit just take off the accelerator

I think I drove kart 6 the steering is way too stiff it started hurting me during my 7th lap.

May be they should introduce some kind of membership for regular guys :) just my idea :)

Mine is only 41.22

I was braking a lot my advice is never brake anywhere drift as much as possible if you want to slow a bit just take off the accelerator

I think I drove kart 6 the steering is way too stiff it started hurting me during my 7th lap.

May be they should introduce some kind of membership for regular guys :) just my idea :)

kinda like NFS then :) i mostly used throttle control on that and very little braking at all...

and yeah good idea about rewarding the regulars and driving more traffic in.. :)

marketing 101 :) you gotta keep your high potential customers close and happy cos those are the opinion leaders and also early adapters for anything new...

since the track owners are business minded people with good experience i bet those things would come in due course :)

Mine is only 41.22

each of the karts seem to have rather different handling characteristics -i really felt the difference cuz i had to switch karts mid way through - must try another kart the next time and see.. :mellow:

or else when posting the laptimes we should specify the kart no as well - assuming that the karts are not tuned or tinkered with much this could substantiate any doubts we have about some karts being faster than others...

in all honesty i wouldn't mind paying some kinda membership fee even, should it translate into some kinda benefit in terms of pricing , priority or possiblity of pre selecting karts etc , given the kinda frequency with which i would ideally like to patronize the place

I was asking Dinesh Jayawardene about the possibility of lessons - after all lets face it, the bulk of us here have no training when it comes to driving aside from the day to day running about which isn't quite the same as track driving.