• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem With Ceat Tyres

ThilakR

Question

Hi,

I recently replaced one of our car tyres with CEAT since it a a srilankan product. Thought it would be a good product.

Unfortunately when car exceed 60KMPH a vibration comes from the front wheels.

Some says it is due to the tyre I am using.

It would be great if could have advices fro experts before I change the tyres.

Many thanks

Thilak

9 answers to this question

Hi,

I recently replaced one of our car tyres with CEAT since it a a srilankan product. Thought it would be a good product.

Many thanks

Thilak

I can't comment on the brand as I've not used it but what I feel is that putting only 1 tire does not make sense as you can not align it – the tire wastage on the other is different form the new one hence u can not align it.

Some experts pls comment – I could be wrong here

Edited by mazdaspeed

I can't comment on the brand as I've not used it but what I feel is that putting only 1 tire does not make sense as you can not align it – the tire wastage on the other is different form the new one hence u can not align it.

Some experts pls comment – I could be wrong here

It looks like I have not given the correct info. I replaced all 4 tyres with CEAT.

Thilak

It looks like I have not given the correct info. I replaced all 4 tyres with CEAT.

Thilak

Mate:

I did the same thing one year back with my car. I moved to CEAT based on the primary fact that it is a Sri Lankan product. I had the same issue and the vibration came around 40 kmph. When I replace it with a good brand that vibration is gone.

Believe me, the CEAT tires have problems more than the vibration. It is very notorious to have cracks at the side wall of the tire and I had them all of my four tires.

I think this is due to the fact that the CEAT tire is very hard on the car. Additionally you will have a shorter lifespan on your rack ends, tire rod ends, etc.

I will never advise anybody to use CEAT although it is a SL product

Cheers

Hi,

Many thanks

Thilak

I do not have any experiance with the perticular brand. But, normally vibration come when an unbalanced mass is rotated. So I believe this can be eleminated by balancing the tyres. Alignment shall be done after that.

You need to do wheel balancing using a dynamic balancer and alignment settings on tyre replacements.

If you have not done that do it soon.vibration caused by many other things like defective wheel bearings ,Ill /damaged rack and pinion plus plus

MINIACE

I have many years experience with tyres used in the UK, starting from the poor quality rubbish all the way to the top brands-without exception they must be balanced after fitting on to the rims.

I have seen a brand called CEAT sold in the UK once they were associated with Pirelli, now it is an own brand of a major tyre and exhaust etc.retailer in the UK.

I would be proud to say Sri Lankan tyres were fitted to my car but, here in the UK we have not seen any yet!

Maithri.

I was using CEAT for about 6 moths (front wheells) before I sold my previous car (not only because it was a sri lankan product but I was running short of cash by that time, means CEAT is cheaper :angry-smiley-048: )

To be frank no issue as such was found but pls note I got wheel balanced plus an allignement just after replacement.

Hope it should be OK if you check out you suspention plus , a wheel balance/allignment.

Hope this will help.