• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Freight Options For Getting Car Parts Down From The Uk

Dominic

Hey Guys,

Was wondering what the cheapest mode of freight (and the name of the forwarder) to bring down a few small car parts from the UK is?

The value of the car parts is about 60 quid.

Thanks

What parts are u looking to get?

Edited by Kadaffi

What parts are u looking to get?

Air Filter box

Air flow sensor

Door Handle

Long story, Im currently using a K&N cone filter but it doesnt seem to be working out as that has caused the MAF sensor to pack up so I want to replace everything before it does damage to the engine.

-------------------------------------------

Noted AMG will try them.

Air Filter box

Air flow sensor

Door Handle

Long story, Im currently using a K&N cone filter but it doesnt seem to be working out as that has caused the MAF sensor to pack up so I want to replace everything before it does damage to the engine.

-------------------------------------------

Noted AMG will try them.

Ok, have you already sourced the parts? What car is it for?

The cheapest way is to find someone flying from london to colombo and then asking them to take the parts with them, but the air filter box is going to be a little cumbersome to take.

Trico is good, but they can take upto a month to be arrive in SL and will need to be cleared from customs.

Does the owner have to clear the goods or does the forwarder do this? Also do we have to pay high taxes or duties even if these items are for personal use?

And would they offer services for indivduals who would like to purchase stuff for them?

machan

why dont you try using the parcel post service from the post offices? it is quite reasonable & convenient to send small items. i used to use it earlier.

only thing is you have to mark it as a gift and send it to a recepient. and should reach in approx 2 weeks. however, I dont know how the service operates now, this was a few years ago.. just check with your local post office.

anyway, someone will have to collect it from the airmail office in mccallum road in fort.

cheers.

Guys,

A BMW maf sensor is a known fault and un likely to be damaged by a K & N filter oiled properly. I would just change the Maf sensor and also make sure the Lambda is switching properly - use a scope if available.

Maithri.

PS Clearing anything from our so called clearing agents after importing to SL will make most sane people go mad!

PS Clearing anything from our so called clearing agents after importing to SL will make most sane people go mad!

True, once a customs guy at the post office parcels counterl told me that they do it on purpose to stop imports, morons <_<