• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shock Prices, Shock Indeed!!

buddhikamh

Question

SORRY PREVIOUS PRICES WERE WRONG. I've Now edited it.

we are using a AE110 corolla L, its shockabsobers should be replaced. we want only standard shocks. ( 4 of them must be replaced)

so we went for a recognised place , they said for original (new) KYB, it'll be Rs.7000. per each. (i dont know whether its a speciall Type shockabsober, cause i didnt went to the shop.)

1. Is this price is normal ??, Are there any place we could get it for a lower price ??

2. is Toyota originally use KYB ? OR can we get any other make shocks for lower price?? -if there are what are the good makes??

please reply with your opinions.

Thankyou.

EDIT: very sorry i've had wrong info. it was 14 000 for set of 2 (means Rs.7ooo each) , not 14k.

12 answers to this question

no one helps ???

ae110 is a popular model. i thought many will help.

anyway please help me !!

Machan, not many people are logging in during the weekends & public holidays, you will have to wait until Monday to get proper help, when everyone gets back to work!!

we are using a AE110 corolla L, its shockabsobers should be replaced. we want only standard shocks. ( 4 of them must be replaced)

so we went for a recognised place in Kurunegala, they said for original (new) KYB, it'll be Rs.14 000. per EACH!! (i dont know whether its a speciall Type shockabsober, cause i didnt went to the shop.)

1. Is this price is normal ??, cause other vehicals we had didnt cost this much. Are there any place we could get it for a lower price ??

2. is Toyota originally use KYB ? OR can we get any other make shocks for lower price?? -if there are what are the good makes??

please reply with your opinions.

Thankyou.

I dont know about the exact prices but when I changed my Honda shocks it cost me about 24k for the whole set and there were even cheaper ones available.. For KYB check with Taas Agencies at hyde park corner- they have the int. dealership.

I dont know about the exact prices but when I changed my Honda shocks it cost me about 24k for the whole set and there were even cheaper ones available.. For KYB check with Taas Agencies at hyde park corner- they have the int. dealership.

And they are related to a mutual friend too. Keep it in mind for the next time :angry-smiley-005:

Hi Machan,

Sorry for the late reply. I also own a Toyota Corolla AE110 1997 XE Saloon and it's front Shocks need to be replaced.

Taas Agencies Ibbanwela is the agent for KYB Shock Absorbers in SL and the mentioned price which is 7K per one shock is correct (Actually 6985/-) I checked with MM Organisation and their price also 10 rupees higher than "Taas" smile.gif

I have a 2000 dated bill in my document file which is from Taas Aganecies showing 5985/- per shock for my car (AE110). Probably First owner has replaced new shocks during that time.

When I inquired from a friend of mine who's in Toyota Lanka, he also recommends using KYB. And as I heard from him, KYB is the Original Equipment Manufacturer for most of the Car Brands in Japan including Toyota.

The one used in my car (AE110) is a Gas Shock Abosorber (According to the guy in Taas & the garage mechanic) and Oil base shock absorber also there.

You can also use Reconditioned/second hand (NOT Recommended) or Sri Lankan made Shocks also.

And your actual shock absorber replacing cost is not only the cost of Shocks, but will add Labour charges, Wheel alignment charges, Shock mount and bush (if damaged) replacing charges too.