• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A 7 Seater

rez

Question

Guys ,

Thinking of going for a 7 seater and found some second hand offers with Kia - Carense , Hyundai - Trajet. But need to know the fuel consumption, their long run etc and also whether there's any after sales market for these...So would like to hear from you guys with your opinions and also thoughts of other makes within my reach...

thkx

20 answers to this question

Guys ,

Thinking of going for a 7 seater and found some second hand offers with Kia - Carense , Hyundai - Trajet. But need to know the fuel consumption, their long run etc and also whether there's any after sales market for these...So would like to hear from you guys with your opinions and also thoughts of other makes within my reach...

thkx

Yes KIA carens has got a good appearence. It has got a decent re sale value as well.One of my friends had one and it did ave. 8 km/Lt in the city and 10km/Lt out stations.

Guys ,

thkx

whats ur budget ?

what ive Heard about HYUNDAI TRAJET is that its expensive to MAINTAIN and does not do much on FUEL.

I've seen Hilton running so many of these to take their guests around....

normally, vehicles used in such a way commercially tend to do well on fuel and are somewhat reliable...

just a guess...i can be totally wrong :)

Rented a Carens few years back for a month and drove to lot of places out of Colombo including Trincomalee. I didn't workout the fuel consumption and also I can't tell you about the reliability as I used it only for a month.

What I can guarantee is the best comfort. Its really a comfortable vehicle. Also spares are widely available.

I had a carens while ago, it's good realiable vehicle, buyt it not good on fuel. Mine did 7km per L. but comfort wise best. and one more thing, no dual a/c on this. plenty of spares available. no costly. maintain easy. interior not long lasting.

Thkx guys, now need to rethink...is it the comforte I need or the Fuel workout !!!

Cheers for your thoughts and experiences...

I've seen Hilton running so many of these to take their guests around....

normally, vehicles used in such a way commercially tend to do well on fuel and are somewhat reliable...

just a guess...i can be totally wrong :)

i have no clue about the fuel consumption figures but just to add a note to rippers comment. i think the main reason behind Hilton's choice is the low upfront cost of buying the vehicles. plus i'm sure the amount they charge can easily offset the fuel bill.

Sorry for diging out a old thread, but can somebody tell me what will be the cost to drop in a diesel 2C engine to a Kia carens or a hyundai trajet. Is it worth to do so. And suggest a good place to do the conversion. I'm planning to buy one of these two in the future and planning to employ it in a fleet service part time hence the need for the diesel conversion. Also guys which one is better (carens or trajet).I have driven a trajet and it's very comfortable but I heard carens is similarly comfy.

cheers

Majority of Trajets, Carnivals and Carens are going Petrol to Diesel swaps. Not a big issue if you get it done at a proper place. Recently I came across a badly swapped Trajet and its really costly to correct.

Before the conversion, it is mandatory that you have to take RMV commissionaire's consent.Note that 2C and 3C engines are costly.Conversion charges and government fees are high. so do the maths and see. Surely Hyundai beta and sirrus engines are under powered hence causing high Trajet fuel consumption.

MINIACE

Sorry for diging out a old thread, but can somebody tell me what will be the cost to drop in a diesel 2C engine to a Kia carens or a hyundai trajet. Is it worth to do so. And suggest a good place to do the conversion. I'm planning to buy one of these two in the future and planning to employ it in a fleet service part time hence the need for the diesel conversion. Also guys which one is better (carens or trajet).I have driven a trajet and it's very comfortable but I heard carens is similarly comfy.

cheers

Its a pretty popular conversion nowadays, I hear the Toyo motors are almost a direct fit. I should think depending on what the engine costs you it can be done for 500k or so (I dunno about RMV fees etc)

But why not buy one that has already been converted? Most of them are I believe (The Trajets anyway)

The Kia Carens is actually a smaller vehicle than the Trajet, and it is slightly less comfortable overall.

Edited by Supra_Natural

My garage guy specializes in 2C/3C conversions of Korean vehicles. We almost bought a 3C-T powered Trajet instead of the Vios, but the leather seats were badly worn. The vehicle drove very nicely, and unless you knew it was a conversion there were no tell tale signs. The guy also converts old Sonatas and G30s.

Its a pretty popular conversion nowadays, I hear the Toyo motors are almost a direct fit. I should think depending on what the engine costs you it can be done for 500k or so (I dunno about RMV fees etc)

But why not buy one that has already been converted? Most of them are I believe (The Trajets anyway)

The Kia Carens is actually a smaller vehicle than the Trajet, and it is slightly less comfortable overall.

There are few diesel converted trajets advertised for around 1.7m. If the conversion costs 500k as you said then it's better to go for the other option. But like miniace said there can be badly swaped ones. Anyway I'm trying to gather more opinion and will decide.

btw isn't the Kia carnival the smaller one. Afaik trajet and Carens both are 7 seaters.

My garage guy specializes in 2C/3C conversions of Korean vehicles. We almost bought a 3C-T powered Trajet instead of the Vios, but the leather seats were badly worn. The vehicle drove very nicely, and unless you knew it was a conversion there were no tell tale signs. The guy also converts old Sonatas and G30s.

Can you pls give me his contact No if possible.

Yeah, the trajet is way more comfy than most of the japanese vans we have here.

There are few diesel converted trajets advertised for around 1.7m. If the conversion costs 500k as you said then it's better to go for the other option. But like miniace said there can be badly swaped ones. Anyway I'm trying to gather more opinion and will decide.

btw isn't the Kia carnival the smaller one. Afaik trajet and Carens both are 7 seaters.

No its the other way around... the Carens is the smaller vehicle and the Carnival is the 7 seater.