• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Join Mitshubishi Lancer Fiore Club In Sri Lanka

nilanw

I used to drive my father's Lancer C12.

It is probably the best looking Japanese car from the early 80s.

Unlike my Maruti Wagon-R, the Lancer C12 was not easy to drive through congested roads owing to its lower stance and bigger width.Added to that our car came without power steering.

However in terms of comfort, driving pleasure (on highways) it is way ahead of my Wagon-R.

I miss that car so much since my father gifted it to my half-brother.

:sad-smiley-050:

I used to drive my father's Lancer C12.

It is probably the best looking Japanese car from the early 80s.

Unlike my Maruti Wagon-R, the Lancer C12 was not easy to drive through congested roads owing to its lower stance and bigger width.Added to that our car came without power steering.

However in terms of comfort, driving pleasure (on highways) it is way ahead of my Wagon-R.

the model i have includes power steering, i have been using the car for close to 3 years now. It is a very reliable car and an absolute pleasure to drive, it i also extremely comfortable and is great for long distance travelling. In my mind, this car was way ahead of its time when compared with other models in its class.

Come on

Are you trying to compare a Maruti with a Mitsubishi ? – get real

Even if the car is over 2o years old – Mitsubishi’s are waaaay ahead of the Maruti crap

Come on

Are you trying to compare a Maruti with a Mitsubishi ? – get real

Even if the car is over 2o years old – Mitsubishi's are waaaay ahead of the Maruti crap

I was just expressing how did I feel driving both Lancer C12 and Wagon-R, extensively.

• 10 years later...

Sorry to bring back this old thread, I am looking for a C12 wagon.Not just any C12,  the very first car of our family. Just thought how nice to have it again,specially my father will love to see it again.

Not sure if this car is even in running condition now. Just trying my luck here, the plates were 17-4897 if any lead please let me know. ?

6 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Sorry to bring back this old thread, I am looking for a C12 wagon.Not just any C12,  the very first car of our family. Just thought how nice to have it again,specially my father will love to see it again.

Not sure if this car is even in running condition now. Just trying my luck here, the plates were 17-4897 if any lead please let me know. ?

Have you tried the vehicle information service on the RMV website? You can pay Rs. 150 and get all the information (including name and address of the current owner). 

http://eservices.motortraffic.gov.lk/VehicleInfo/home.action

The "Limited vehicle information" option says that the absolute owner is a finance company. So it is still running. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Davy

43 minutes ago, Davy said:

You can pay Rs. 150 and get all the information (including name and address of the current owner). 

Thanks for the reply. Tried that Davy, but to get the full details report we need to give the chassis no which we dont have now :(

Yes at the moment ownership states as a finance company, probably due to a lease.

Edited by GK_007

3 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Thanks for the reply. Tried that Davy, but to get the full details report we need to give the chassis no which we dont have now :(

Yes at the moment ownership states as a finance company, probably due to a lease.

Ah I see. 

I assume it was imported brand new through the agent? If so, you might be able to get the chassis number from them. Not saying that they will just hand it over to you, but you just might be able to get it through a contact. ? I'm not sure if they maintain records that date so far back though. 

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Ah I see. 

I assume it was imported brand new through the agent? If so, you might be able to get the chassis number from them. Not saying that they will just hand it over to you, but you just might be able to get it through a contact. ? I'm not sure if they maintain records that date so far back though. 

Thanks a lot again, will try on that. :)